• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Birmingham City - Saturday January 12, 3pm

Jkreffer

Established Member
banduan said:
Cesc does do good corners it's just he's not consistent enough.

Literally we have not been any good at corners for years now and our ability to clear the first man is alarmingly poor. Fabregas, Rosicky, Denilson, Walcott, RvP are all guilty of this. Cesc for me doesn't get anywhere near as much whip on a corner kick as he should, which is why when it does beat the first man it often floats nicely into the keepers arms.

Van Persie is obviously our best corner taker but he is forever injured and only takes them from the left side. It has been an area which has needed improvement for just about forever under Wenger.

ibby

Established Member
RC8 said:
However, that didn't stop me from saying that it was still highly likely Birmingham would do a good job. Again, I was proved completely right by the game. You in the other hand, ended up looking clueless.

Because I got my prediction wrong I'm clueless now, gimme a break!

Yes, you got your prediction slightly right, good on you, pat yourself on the back whatever. I am talking about the game and not your prediction.

What good job did Birmingham do exactly? If you watched the first half, which I assume you did, you would agree with me that they were there for the taking, but we were ****ing around, and treated it like a training match.

Again, you missed the whole f****g point yet again. It does not matter where they are in the table. It doesn't. Period. It's their performances against the other teams in the top 4 that matter. You talk so much about not giving a f**k about how they do against other teams, yet you keep banging on about their position in the table. Bloody hell, stop being such a hypocritical idiot and start looking at your argument, which at this point is inconsistent as hell.

No, it matters where you are in the table in these types of games, this is not a derby.

I talk about their position in the table because that is a reflection on how good they are and it showed on Saturday, after they got their first goal they didn't do **** all.

qs

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
Speaking of bad delivery on Corners, why don't we use Sagna , he is a good crosser of the ball, he can't do worse than what we have now.

Not to mention, he is not a scoring threat taken out of the play anyway.

Someone has to hang back and defend if they break, if you put Sagan in you have to have one of the centre halves removed from the opposition box.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
The highlight of my afternoon at the football was "marching" to the Stadium with the RedAction lot before the game. Amazing how many of our fans have no compunction about swearing their heads off at the top of their voices on a busy north London street... :)

outlaw_member

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
The highlight of my afternoon at the football was "marching" to the Stadium with the RedAction lot before the game. Amazing how many of our fans have no compunction about swearing their heads off at the top of their voices on a busy north London street... :)

Coz they are all from North Weezy.

thegame24

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:

you should have demoted them :roll:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
qs said:
DC Gunner said:
Speaking of bad delivery on Corners, why don't we use Sagna , he is a good crosser of the ball, he can't do worse than what we have now.

Someone has to hang back and defend if they break, if you put Sagan in you have to have one of the centre halves removed from the opposition box.
no.

read my above post.

sagna is used for attacking corners, like gallas and toure

number_0

Established Member
what an unlucky proformance is what i think, we created enough chances but we couldnt apply the finishing touch, i cant believe how bad Bham were from set pieces, we nearly won every header in their box, and they end up scoring from a set piece, unnessery points dropped, we need to work on our delivery as well, our style wins us more corners than any other team in the EPL, so we should make them count.

Lukazan

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
qs said:
DC Gunner said:

no.

read my above post.

sagna is used for attacking corners, like gallas and Touré

Is he? Pretty sure he's always left back to defend.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Lukazan said:
arsenal_hleb said:
qs said:
DC Gunner said:

no.

read my above post.

Always, Hleb and Clichy and Sagna at the back i thought.
Strange on if you ask me i never thought about why Sagna is,nt even in the sixteen yard.

j'nuh

He is up sometimes. I guess it depends on variables you'd have to be a bit of a saddo to work out. But i've definatly seen him up for corners.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
j'nuh said:
He is up sometimes. I guess it depends on variables you'd have to be a bit of a saddo to work out. But i've definatly seen him up for corners.

indeed, it would be strange if he doenst come up there more often he is a great header not so much height but enough heading ability,s to put that down.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
HollandGooner said:
Lukazan said:
arsenal_hleb said:
qs said:
DC Gunner said:

no.

read my above post.

Strange on if you ask me i never thought about why Sagna is,nt even in the sixteen yard.
if i am not wrong sagna is forward to attack, with flamini covering him in defence.

but if it was eboue and hoyte playing right back, then they will be defending with clichy

jefree

arsenal_hleb said:
HollandGooner said:
Lukazan said:
arsenal_hleb said:
qs said:
DC Gunner said:

no.

read my above post.

if i am not wrong sagna is forward to attack, with flamini covering him in defence.

but if it was eboue and hoyte playing right back, then they will be defending with clichy

that is absolutely spot on. i have been observing this since the beginning of the season. since sagna's heading ability is very good, he is often used in the opposition's box when we are having a corner. flamini will drop to defence covering that area alongside clichy

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom