• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackburn | EPL | 14/03/09 3pm

sabret00the

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
I found .gif of Pedersen's dive, that's not ok to post here, I mean Arsenal game and all that?
nope, no gifs or youtube or any other footage. the only thing you're allowed to post is media circulated photos.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Jasard said:
Commentators must feel stupid for bashing Arshavin after he came on late. 4 stitches in his foot.. scummy Blackburn.
4 stitches in his foot, not match fit, adapting.. and he still ran riot ;)

outlaw_member

Established Member
Nela said:
Captain said:
Rather than Arshavin, most of our best attacking moments came from Nicky B.
Very true actually. I rewatched the match yesterday on ATV, and Bendtner was behind so much, especially when it came distributing the ball and getting our wide players involved. Say what you want about his finnishing, our team looked so much better in attack largely because of him.

Amen, brothers. When Bendtner is partnered with a runner, he is the hub of almost all our attacking moves. His finishing was atrocious, which undoubtedly needs improving. However, his general play was excellent.

Rohit

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Nela said:
Captain said:
Rather than Arshavin, most of our best attacking moments came from Nicky B.
Very true actually. I rewatched the match yesterday on ATV, and Bendtner was behind so much, especially when it came distributing the ball and getting our wide players involved. Say what you want about his finnishing, our team looked so much better in attack largely because of him.

Amen, brothers. When Bendtner is partnered with a runner, he is the hub of almost all our attacking moves. His finishing was atrocious, which undoubtedly needs improving. However, his general play was excellent.

Thank you. I was wondering if i watched a different game. Although a striker's job is to score goals his misses overshadowed what was actually a very good performance. That is not to say finishing is not important, i was equally angry but i hope that will come. His movement into channels off the ball is excellent, as good as Vela's and Eduardo's. His first touch was much better and he has always had good vision. He is 20, powerful and quick for a man of his size. Unlike Adebayor he barely brings the ball back and doesn't like to hold up play but likes to pass it quickly. Like Captain said he played some extremely good first time passes to Walcott and others.

I hope one day all will come together for him because he has the potential to be a great stirker.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I said the same in my blog. If the quality of his finishing had matched his approach play, we'd all be hailing Nik the new King of North London.

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I said the same in my blog. If the quality of his finishing had matched his approach play, we'd all be hailing Nik the new King of North London.
But sadly he's not a natural finisher and never will be. He's a link up player.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Ade is not a natural finisher either. A level of consistency can be achieved, however, through experience, concentration, etc.

progman07

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Hope your point isn't that Bendtner is a good striker apart from his finishing, because that's the main thing a striker needs. We don't play a striker in front of the goal for fun, he has got a job and that is to score. Ok, good for him he got into good positions but don't tell me Vela, Eduardo, Ade, RvP, Theo don't get into good positions. It's not hard if you have Arshavin, Theo and Nasri slitting up defenses behind you.

General

Established Member
Exactly Tony. Once again, people are getting over-analytical over certain issues on this board. Nick has plenty of scope for improvement, both in his finishing and composure. He’s potentially a 20+ a goal season striker even if he isn’t showing the necessary tools at the moment. Needs to keep his feet on the ground, nonetheless.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Actually he might really have lost balanced. Theres really no valid reason why he fell. Maybe he looked behind at Sagna and tripped over himself.

I think analysing the replays close he might have just clip his heels a little. Can't really see it

Jameel46

Established Member
don't think he lost his balance at all, if he did he wouldn't have made a small claim for a penalty. It looked like he knew what he was doing but executed it really, really badly.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He didnt get clipped, why would he throw his arms in the air if he tripped himself up?

Anzac

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I would be insulted, if someone told me to take the lead from the most disliked player at the club. :lol:

I'd be thinking time for a transfer request. :twisted:

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom