• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackburn | EPL | 14/03/09 3pm

outlaw_member

Established Member
So true, RTC. He spends far too long trying to get himself settled, before he is even in a position to play a pass. Bergkamp could play the way he did, because his first touch was almost always a pass. He didn't even need to control the ball, because he already knew where to pass it, and his technique allowed him to do that, without the need to get settled. There is a video on Bergkamp, which encaptures all his moments that involved only one solitary touch. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ljMKGDjts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ljMKGDjts</a>

Sabre - If RVP is the sidekick, who is the Dark Night?

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Robin doesn't take players on anymore because injuries have robbed him of his sharpness and he now spends five minutes trying to get the ball on his left foot.

Don't make it about the manager trying to make him a better player, and that's all Arsène has tried to do.
The term better is far too subjective to have a discussion about. However, you may be right in regards to the injuries, who knows. I'd love to see a web chat so as that we the fans could ascertain this.

sabret00the

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
outlaw_member said:
Sabre - If RVP is the sidekick, who is the Dark Night?
Melaina Nux.

TBH i never actually had anyone in mind when i posted that. I half expected someone to come in and scream racism, but ultimately the joke was in the Robin/Nightwing evolution. Not that i read it, but apparently it occurred on bad terms due to Robin feeling like Bats was always trying to baby him.

Nela

Established Member
Asajoseph or anyone else who was probably at the game, can you clarify a few things?

The commentator kept going on and on about how quiet it was at the Emirates, but it sounded like the fans were making more noice then they have in the past few PL home games. So what was it actually like in comparison to recent games?

Also, what was the crowd reaction to Bendtner really like? The commentator kept going on about boos, but when he was subbed the crowd seemed to clap him off. Were there a lot of boos?

True Gooner

Established Member
My mate who was at the game said that Bendtner was getting a fair bit of stick from our fans.

On the plus side, Eboue got a really positive reception. :mrgreen:

Legend#1

Established Member
Went to the game.

Alex Song provided a Footballing masterclass, and i'm not exagerrating, I really don't think he misplaced one pass, not ONE pass, he broke up countless attacks, he won countless headers, he attacked and defended equally as good, he was an absolute animal, flawless infact.

The team played well as a whole, didn't look under pressure apart from a couple of set pieces.

Bendtner played really well, up until the 1st missed chance, and then that was it, his head just disappeared, the fans got on hs back, but not all of them, it was split, some with real venom and hatred in them, but a lot of us were applauding him and encouraging him and singing Super Nicky Bendtner, we also gave him a standing ovation as he went off, to try and encourage the lad, because he looked distraught, his all round play was fine but his finishing really was shocking, you can tell how much nerves he plays with at Emirates.

WE ALL CAME TO SEE EBOUE! What a cameo. Vela wasn't happy about the penalty, he wanted it as he won it, and didn't celebrate after the pen, but it was a fantastic penalty.

Nasri and Clichy linked up well, Denilson played well, overshadowed by the fantastic Song (MOTM), Almunia has improved loads, we have missed Theo lots, his pace and directness is mental, he scares the f**k out of defenders.

And FINALLY TO ARSHAVIN!!

Thought he scored straight away, but you saw on the big screen it was either an own goal or a Song goal, and 1st half he was pretty anonymous in the middle, but was different gravy when he went to the left and switched with Nasty Nas.

His goal was at our end and it was such a f**king PRO EVO GOAL, I went mental, absolutely mental, hugged my mate, hugged some Irish bloke in front of us and then hugged his chubby bird aswell, permanent smile on my faceeeeeeeee, he absolutely dicked on Simpson and then Robinson.

Some of his link up play, runs and passing in the 2nd half was a joy to behold, he's slowly getting there, and he just f**king oozes class.

Jameel46

Established Member
didn't watch the game but from I saw from MOTD highlights -

- He Made The 1st Goal
- 1st chance he couldn't reach the ball
- 2nd chance the ball was tackled off him
- 3rd chance the shot was saved
- 4th chance he skied the shot over 2 sliding defenders that were right in front of him.

And his performance in general I'm told wasn't that bad, so for him to get booed by some fans over that shows stupidity on their part.

AFCFan4Ever

Arshavin is the main cog in the side already.

He makes everything go offensively when he's on the pitch...everything just flows through him so brilliantly.

Man wish we had him for the Champions League.

Just can't wait to see him next season in all competitions with the talent coming back around him, full fitness, and being truly integrated into the English game and everything else.

IMO there isn't a reason why he can't win the world POY next year.

banduan

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:

He makes everything go offensively when he's on the pitch...everything just flows through him so brilliantly.

Not true.

Song and Denilson's contribution to this match seems to have been completely overlooked.

qs

Established Member
banduan said:
AFCFan4Ever said:

Not true.

Song and Denilson's contribution to this match seems to have been completely overlooked.

Thats natural. Arshavin will always get the highlight reels now and thats exactly why we signed him. Same way no one really gave Bert much credit till he wasn't there.

AFCFan4Ever

I'm not overlooking Song and Denilson's contributions at all...they both had great games, esp. Song.

I was speaking more from an attacking perspective.

qs

Established Member
Nela said:
The commentator kept going on and on about how quiet it was at the Emirates

Thats so much bias. No doubt the Emirates is quiet most of the time but watch a Chelsea match and they're the same. I talked to a Blackburn mate of mine today who went to their away tie at OT and he said he couldn't believe how quiet they were.

Yeah alot of these quiet ****s at the Emirates are ****s but we aren't the only side with them. And to be fair the Villa fans sing alot but they're also pretty qucik to boo their team off in their best season in ****ing ages. Our fans are pretty **** but over all they get worse press then they deserve.

Nela

Established Member
Captain said:
Rather than Arshavin, most of our best attacking moments came from Nicky B.
Very true actually. I rewatched the match yesterday on ATV, and Bendtner was behind so much, especially when it came distributing the ball and getting our wide players involved. Say what you want about his finnishing, our team looked so much better in attack largely because of him.

ricky1985

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Went to the game.

Alex Song provided a Footballing masterclass, and i'm not exagerrating, I really don't think he misplaced one pass, not ONE pass, he broke up countless attacks, he won countless headers, he attacked and defended equally as good, he was an absolute animal, flawless infact.

The team played well as a whole, didn't look under pressure apart from a couple of set pieces.

Bendtner played really well, up until the 1st missed chance, and then that was it, his head just disappeared, the fans got on hs back, but not all of them, it was split, some with real venom and hatred in them, but a lot of us were applauding him and encouraging him and singing Super Nicky Bendtner, we also gave him a standing ovation as he went off, to try and encourage the lad, because he looked distraught, his all round play was fine but his finishing really was shocking, you can tell how much nerves he plays with at Emirates.

WE ALL CAME TO SEE EBOUE! What a cameo. Vela wasn't happy about the penalty, he wanted it as he won it, and didn't celebrate after the pen, but it was a fantastic penalty.

Nasri and Clichy linked up well, Denilson played well, overshadowed by the fantastic Song (MOTM), Almunia has improved loads, we have missed Theo lots, his pace and directness is mental, he scares the f**k out of defenders.

And FINALLY TO ARSHAVIN!!

Thought he scored straight away, but you saw on the big screen it was either an own goal or a Song goal, and 1st half he was pretty anonymous in the middle, but was different gravy when he went to the left and switched with Nasty Nas.

His goal was at our end and it was such a f**king PRO EVO GOAL, I went mental, absolutely mental, hugged my mate, hugged some Irish bloke in front of us and then hugged his chubby bird aswell, permanent smile on my faceeeeeeeee, he absolutely dicked on Simpson and then Robinson.

Some of his link up play, runs and passing in the 2nd half was a joy to behold, he's slowly getting there, and he just f**king oozes class.

Nice little write up mate. Sounds like you had a good day down at the Emirates. Everything seems to be falling into place again.....And Song was a frikkin monster. Wish I could have been there.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Commentators must feel stupid for bashing Arshavin after he came on late. 4 stitches in his foot.. scummy Blackburn.

Cruisio

Established Member
Nik didnt have a bad game, and I sure as hell didnt boo him, but I definitely wanted him off the pitch. In that game he encapsulated what our problem has been for years, all style and no substance. His link up play was great but he had atleast 3 guilt edge chances and couldnt finish any of them.

He's still young, and only ideally our 4th choice striker but he's got a long way to go before convincing me that he'll develope into a starting player for us week in week out

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom