• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackburn | EPL | 14/03/09 3pm

dbig

Can players be banned for diving retrospectively? Or is it only limited to violent conduct? Think it would be a good way to stamp out diving if they allowed retrospective punishment.

regele

Established Member
Kain said:
Eboue on the other hand should have that celebration immortalised so whenever anyone logs into the forum a .gif of him doing that amazing dance comes up.
The duck dance is what the commentators here called it :) .

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
AnthonyG said:
His glance over his shoulder is priceless; I wouldn't want to be in the passenger seat with him if that's how well he can judge distance. What a farce of a dive.
The commentators was absolutely bewildered over his dive, simply because he was in a good position and they couldn't find a reason he would fall there without contact.

They were speechless when they saw the replay :lol:

hackajack

Established Member
Against ManU he threw himself over when he was through on goal with only the keeper to beat - I think he's a bit soft in the head,.

TomasCR

Established Member
I actually thought there was a contact but after Sagna touched him, he made another two steps and then threw himself on the pitch, that´s why it looked so funny. He´s not the kind of player though, not a diver.

I saw it two times and it wasn´t clear enough though, so whatever.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Edited

What a straight f*cking crooked c*nt.

He must have a 10 kg prosthetic **** on him for diving heavily like that.

No match clips please

JazzG

KY

Established Member
TomasCR said:
I actually thought there was a contact but after Sagna touched him, he made another two steps and then threw himself on the pitch, that´s why it looked so funny. He´s not the kind of player though, not a diver.

I saw it two times and it wasn´t clear enough though, so whatever.

I think you're probably the only one to think that. That was as clear a dive as any. His steps prior to fall didn't look in any way like he was about to fall. even commentators was absolutely dumbstruck by the sheer audacity of the dive.

TomasCR

Established Member
Haha, watching it again, no, there was absolutely no contact. It must be a dive of the season for me.

The guy is a legend, already like him. Just ask yourself, who would have the balls to do something like this! :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Pedersen is a bigger diver than you think.. i have watched a few BB games this season, and in every game, i have seen him take at least 1 BLATANT dive..

but this one takes the cake... at least when Eboue or Cronaldo dive, there is an opposing player NEAR them..

IBL

Established Member
bojed said:
What a straight f*cking crooked c*nt.

He must have a 10 kg prosthetic **** on him for diving heavily like that.
The way he looks back at the ref first and then falls....utter disgrace

also wanted to say that I saw the whole match yesterday on re-run, how good was Kolo? reminded me of the old Toure who looked strong, assured and also made a couple of dangerous attacking runs

entropy13

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Mod edit: Clips are not allowed.
Oh, do come on. It was a gif! And it's already been reposted at that.

Yeah, was even made an avatar (smaller version), and Arshavin's goal is also used as an avatar (by dbig). Should that be "edited out" too?

JazzG

Established Member
I have asked dbig to change his avatar, which other poster are you talking about?

Look we have a no match clip policy on here, if the FA or Premier league find match clips on these forums they could shut us down and have threatened to do that in the past.

dbig

JazzG said:
I have asked dbig to change his avatar, which other poster are you talking about?

Look we have a no match clip policy on here, if the FA or Premier league find match clips on these forums they could shut us down and have threatened to do that in the past.

Sorry. Will remove it. This forum is strict!

sabret00the

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
sabret00the said:
Arshavin's official goal was a typical old-van Persie goal. Wonder why one is allowed to express themselves in such a way while the other is shunned for such work.
why is it assumed that wenger micromanages every detail of his players' game, when all the info that's ever come out re: our training methods seems to suggest that he's very hands off and prefers players to figure things out on their own?

if you ask me, van persie is still very capable of the stunning goal, but he's been surrounded by a lacklustre team the last two years and thus hasnt had the opportunities to get on the highlight reel. yet we still have the liverpool goal, the one against charlton, the double feint against blackburn, etc.
I said this in a PM, but i'll say it again. van Persie came here at a funny time. It was while Wenger was in his transition stage with our style and began to only care about moving the ball on with one touch. As such, even if you ignore what he's probably being told in training. The fact that Wenger came out on a couple of occasions when van Persie scored stunning goals and said he much preferred the goals that were more team efforts pretty much undermines and conditions the player and his efforts. It's funny now, because while Robin isn't taking anyone on, that's all the fans are thirsting for at the moment. That's the type of football that i subscribe to. I'll never get bored of seeing an opponent on his bottom and i'll always cheer on a player for attempting it (bar Clichy and Diaby).

I remember an article or was it an interview. It was after Robin's sending off and he was trying to work himself into the good grace of Le Boss again. He was talking about how he was learning by watching Pires in training and that he realised that in order to get picked, he has to do the job and confine his self-expression to the final third. Sadly, since that interview it's like the final third has shrunk or his self has just waned by i don't see Robin express himself any more.

In my opinion, Robin sold his soul in order to get into this team. We're talking about an individually brilliant phenomenon that's reduced himself into another cog in the machine that is Arsenal in order to get minutes. Even if Wenger didn't manage said expression out of him, he most certainly doesn't appear to be doing much to bring it back to the surface and of course he wouldn't, because it doesn't fit with his idea of the second-striker-come-five-midfielder and possession football.

I really hope that Shavva remains ignorant.

progman07

Established Member
Sabre, I tell you after seeing Wenger laugh at Arshavin's goal, I'm 100% sure he won't say 'cut out these solo runs and don't take on your opponent'... :D

sabret00the

Established Member
progman07 said:
Sabre, I tell you after seeing Wenger laugh at Arshavin's goal, I'm 100% sure he won't say 'cut out these solo runs and don't take on your opponent'... :D
I wonder, if Robin changes his name to Nightwing, will Wenger then respect him as his own entity and give him his own show? Or is he always just going to be the trusty sidekick of The Dark Knight.

Shoot me now for i made a DC joke.

progman07

Established Member
Maybe Wenger is trying a bit too hard to turn RvP into another Bergkamp, but anyways I'm sure if RvP scored a nice solo goal Wenger wouldn't complain.

sabret00the

Established Member
progman07 said:
[...]Wenger is trying a bit too hard to turn RvP into another Bergkamp[...]
And that's the problem. Even Dennis's moments of brilliance were seldom solo goals. Robin will never be Dennis, it was ludicrous for him to aspire to be that and it was up to his manager to manage him and tell him that he should aspire to be Robin.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Robin doesn't take players on anymore because injuries have robbed him of his sharpness and he now spends five minutes trying to get the ball on his left foot.

Don't make it about the manager trying to make him a better player, and that's all Arsène has tried to do.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom