• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

RC8

Established Member
Well, for various reasons, Nadz was unable to do some of the things he usually does for the match thread, so I had to fill in and help him out more than usual this time! 50% of the credit must go to him. Hopefully you like the way I'm presenting the stats!

f_ArsenalBoltm_f4ad789.png

After almost two weeks off from watching the boys in Red and White in the Premier League due to boring boring International games, It's back to the Premiership. And we're up against an old foe... Bolton Wanderers FC. Without Sam Allardyce and now without Sammy Lee.

Now before we go on about the low down on our next opposition, a brief report on our last game against Sunderland FC.

Brief Report on Previous Game - Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC

It has been quite the game against Roy Keane's side. A fight back from Sunderland, The Gunners managed to see it through winning their tenth consecutive game Maintaining their top of the league status.

Arsenal started brilliantly and scored 2 opening goals in just 15 minutes as Robin Van Persie shot a superb free-kick and Philippe Senderos scored a tap in against a disastrous Sunderland defence.

Abou Diaby had two disallowed, although superbly struck, goals. But The Gunners received a wake-up call after Sunderland's Ross Wallace finish made it 2-1.

The hopeful "Black Cats" began to shine as they equalised three minutes into the second half, when Kenwyne Jones headed Miller's Cross past Almunia.

Arsenal were put under pressure as the time was running out, but van Persie's second goal of the game after Theo Walcott's superb pass after 80 minutes, sealed the victory.

Further frustration for Roy Keane's side awaited, as Paul McShane was sent off in stoppage time. Arsenal came out on top after a game where both teams showed both flair and determination.

smallerdonewy2.png

(Credit goes to Nadz for the image above)

A Few Facts on Bolton Wanderers F.C.

* Bolton's David Jack scored the first ever goal at Wembley in the 1923 FA Cup Final before joining Arsenal later in his career for a world record transfer fee.

* Arsenal legend Tony Adams made exactly 500 league appearances for the Gunners, the last of which came in a 2-0 win at Bolton's Reebok Stadium in April 2002.

* On September 13, 1997 Ian Wright broke Cliff Bastin's Arsenal goalscoring record with a hat-trick against Bolton Wanderers. Wright's record was later surpassed by Thierry Henry.

* Bolton Wanderers Football Club, Sammy Lee and Frank McParland have agreed to part company by mutual consent. Bolton Wanderers Chairman Phil Gartside states: "This has been a difficult decision for all parties but we have agreed that time is right.

Premier League History

1994-95 - Reach FA Carling Premiership
1994-95 - League Cup Finalists
1995-96 - Roy McFarland replaces Bruce Rioch as manager
1995-96 - Colin Todd appointed manager
1995-96 - Relegated from FA Carling Premiership
1996-97 - Division One winners
1997-98 - Bolton leave Burnden Park for new Reebok Stadium
1997-98 - Relegated from FA Carling Premiership
1999-00 - Sam Allardyce becomes manager
2000-01 - Promotion to Barclaycard Premiership via play-offs
2003-04 - League Cup Finalists
2006-07 - Nicolas Anelka becomes record signing for £8million
2006-07 - Sammy Lee takes over as manager.
2007-08 - Sammy Lee departs from Bolton Wanderers.

Statistics about their league season so far:

f_Statisticsm_d3c5438.jpg

f_ArsenalBoltm_3df5d1b.png

And this is Nadz' predicted line-up...

-------------------
boltongamegu0.png

Personally I'm expecting Eduardo instead of Bendtner, and I expect Gallas to be back, but we'll see...

Come on you REDS!

P.S. I'll fix the "quality" of the graph later (the hosting site reduced the image's size and thus affected its quality), as I'm out of time now, but I'll get back to that soon. Also, expect the What They Say article to be ready soon. Unfortunately we are having problems with a forum formed by lobby rejects who think they can be as big as A-M in a week, as they go around rival forums trying to do their own little What They Say even though they are only 20 people or so :lol: But we'll finish it and bring it to you on time as always!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
we'll win 5-0.

Q: Why do housewives love Arsenal?
A: Because they stay on top for ages and come second.

Q. What is the difference between Bolton Wanderers and a cafe?
A. A cafe has more cups!

Q. How do you know if your newspaper is upside down?
A. Bolton are top of the table.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nidza7 said:
nice job RC8,

well,a win what else?

Thats champion talk and I like it, contrary to the last 2 years of depression around A-M as its something we are not used to

BUT We are back were we belong, in and around first and second place..If rvp is injured lets not cry, well have eduardo but it will be a shame if he misses the 2 big clashes

LOL thanks bojed for that ol joke

Zico

Established Member
Thanks, RC8/Nadz. No other forum has such a professional matchday thread.

It will be interesting picking a team for the weekend. I think that we should pick a team from the more rested players on the squad. van Persie, regardless of injury status, should not be a factor this weekend. I would start with Adebayor and Eduardo with the petulant Bendtner on the bench. Walcott, Fabregas and Hleb will have to step up and create/finish chances from midfield in van Persie's absence.

It will be a massive double-header this weekend. I will fix some spare ribs and recline before the tv with the hope that by nightfall, we'll be 9 points ahead of the Pool.

tam1886

Established Member
Re: Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:

RC8 said:
Also, expect the What They Say article to be ready soon. Unfortunately we are having problems with a forum formed by lobby rejects who think they can be as big as A-M in a week, as they go around rival forums trying to do their own little What They Say even though they are only 20 people or so :lol: But we'll finish it and bring it to you on time as always!
If its the one i'm thinking of, its very amatuerish, to say the least.

I'm going for:

--------------Almunia

Sagna--Toure--Gallas--Clichy

Hleb--Fabregas--Flamini--Diaby

--------Adebayor--Eduardo

I think they're all fit, but i'm not completely sure. Anyway, i'm going for a 4-1 win for us. I expect Eduardo to have a good game and bag a brace, with Adebayor hopefully getting on the scoresheet too.

Juicy

Really good matchday thread. This is one of those games where it is impossible to predict the lineup. Lehmann could be chosen over Almunia. Gallas could be chosen over Senderos. Gilberto might be selected ahead of Flamini and Eduardo could (I think should) be chosen over Bendtner.

Whatever happens, someone is going to get pissed off.
We need to win this game. This was the kind of game that we even won last year (usually 3-0) and if we can't win these sorts of games this season then the League could elude us. On the other hand, they have their coach as manager now and noone knows what kind of tactics he will play. This might make it a little hard for Arsène in his tactics, but it won't make a huge difference and the relative quality will make up for that.

gunnerGH

Established Member
This is the perfect game for Eduardo to start.

Bendtner and Ade are too alike. Bendtner would be better served as an impact player from the bench.

Nutsy

Established Member
Heh, RC8, You did a great great job I must say.. Makes me relieved completely if one time I can't do the match thread at all. Managed to do half, but what RC8 done. Excellent.

@ Tam1886 - heh, Don't be surprised. Who else?

I apologize folks, problems with a certain laptop and it's now in the shop.

Back to the topic. with Bolton without its proper manager, this could spell trouble for them, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they start to elect a manager later today or sometime tomorrow.

Should be a good one fellas. Supposedly an easy game, but then we tend to screw up the easy ones. Hope the lads learn the lesson against Sunderland.

So a win I say. Even if it is another 2-1 or 1-0. Any win works for me

abz_14

My two cents, from the Lobby thread.

abz_14 said:
Once again we need to be careful when coming into this game, we cannot think that the three points will be easy. It is afterall Bolton-they still have the same personnel that has frustrated Arsenal so many times over the years. They will want to impress whoever the next manager is and will play as hard as possible.

If we manage to get the three points I feel that we have made a brilliant start to the first 9 games of the season-with Liverpool as the tenth game, we do not need to worry if we drop points at Anfield-that is if we do get the points against Bolton.

Just heard that RVP got injured last night and is a major doubt. Can anyone confirm the injuries to Senderos and Rosicky?

I would agree with the RC8/Nadz lineup other than Bendtner. That is if Eduardo is injured and cannot play. Question is, should Theo get the nod ahead of Bendtner? Has Theo deserved a start up front after his cameo against Sunderland?

My prediction is for a 3-1. Hleb, Ade and Flamini. I feel Hleb is due a goal, so is Flamini. Ade will need to be the guy we look to for goals now with RVP injured.

tam1886

Established Member
bojed said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=473520&cc=4716

knob is their new manager.
He is in temporary charge until they appoint a permanent manager. He is a good guy too. Assistant for Rangers for years, then Scotland as well. I think he was also an assistant at Man Utd

qs

Established Member
abz_14 said:
I would agree with the RC8/Nadz lineup other than Bendtner. That is if Eduardo is injured and cannot play. Question is, should Theo get the nod ahead of Bendtner? Has Theo deserved a start up front after his cameo against Sunderland?]

No definitely not. Eduardo should start but if for some reason he couldn't then Nik has to start. Otherwise why are we keeping him at the club?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Well we usually struglle agianst Bolton even at home however I am confident we can turn things around and put a good few goals past them. If I am not mistaken, I think Anelka has been ruled out. If he does not start we are almost guranteed a clean sheet as well. I hope van Persie plays but even if he doesn't I don't think we will miss him too much. Eduardo will come in full of confidence after scoring yet again for Croatia. I predict a comfortable 4-0 win with Fabregas, Adebayor, Eduardo and Toure all scoring. Come on you Gunners!!!!

Rahul

My lin-up-

...............Lehman.......................

Sagna...Toure...Gallas...Clichy

Eboue/ ....Flam...Cesc....Rosicky
Theo

...................Hleb................

...................Ade..................

Id love to see Hleb play through the centre.Either Theo or Eboue would suit me fine on the right hand side.Or even Eduardo wont be a bad choice imo.

As for the GK i think Lehman should come back between the posts before we play those 2 big games.He needs atleast 1 game under his belt in our colours because i dont quite trust Almunia for the big games.

Jameel46

Established Member
VP being injured may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for this game, i expect it to be tight, and a Ade and Eduardo partnership is best suited to deal with that.

hopefully bendtner does get some playing time though, think Wenger has tried to teach him a lesson for long enough.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't see us conceding a goal against a messy situation bolton.

3-0 win for us. hopes ade and rvp scores together with our dear theo

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom