• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

Endris

clockwork orange said:
No Rosicky didn't play midweek (otherwise Czech Republic would have beaten Germany 0-7)

Oi, its not like he did make a difference when we beat them. He was invisible back then. :wink:
Didn't the coach complain about arsenal not acknowlaging his health problem? It is strange that he didn't play for the czechs republic but is declared match fit for us. :?:

number_0

Established Member
i would rather have hleb in the whole for this one, as i dont know if bendtner and eddie are ready for such a physical game.

------------jens
sanga--toure--gallas--road runner

rosicky---cesc--flamini---diaby
-------------hleb
--------------ade

i think hleb will play better behind ade, as ade is more dynamic compared to van persie, and if we cant break them eboue, eddie and walcatt will give their sloths of defence a good raping

number_0

Established Member
i would rather have hleb in the whole for this one, as i dont know if bendtner and eddie are ready for such a physical game.

------------jens
sanga--toure--gallas--road runner

rosicky---cesc--flamini---diaby
-------------hleb
--------------ade

i think hleb will play better behind ade, as ade is more dynamic compared to van persie, and if we cant break them eboue, eddie and walcatt will give their sloths of defence a good raping

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Manny
Sagna - Toure - Gallas - Clichy
Hleb - Cesc - Flamini - Rosicky
Ade - Eduardo

Gilberto
Diarra
Denilson
Bendtner
Walcott

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If eduardo doesnt start games like this when RVP is injured then why do we even have him.

Ade and Eduardo partnership cld be great.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
No Anelka, should be a routine win. The guy is a class player in a crap team, he is a natural goalscorer, technically good and he has some pace to burn, maybe not as much as before but still he's quick.
If he plays he will cause us problems, but he has the ability to do that against any other team in the league.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I heard anelka may miss out, so your saying hes a definate out??

If so , we are in a greater position to get a win...Hope we find our rythym again after the inter. break

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Yes I wanted to know that too. Is Anelka out?
It actually doesn't matter, because we must win this one, but with him on the pitch there could be some trouble, but unlikely.
We must win this game anyway we can, and I think we will do so.
It is also VERY important that Eduardo scores a goal, and plays well.

stuart

Established Member
Rosicky wont start imo, not after being out for quite a bit. It's not really Wengers style. On the left, imo, it will be Diaby or Walcott. Wenger likes to play Theo against these sort of teams, particuarly away, as he is an outlet for the defence. Under Allardyce goals against Bolton were very hard to come by and so Theo was employed to drop deep and try to hit them on the counter. Im not sure whether Wenger will take that approach with the new Bolton or not, espescially at home. He may decide to stick to as close to a winning formula as he can, with Diaby on the left. I would be happy enough with that, personally.

thegame24

Established Member
rosicky has to start at anfield.

i reckon we might see hleb in the hole at some point to during this persie injury.

i really hope edu steps up

nidza7

Established Member
me too,

I guess next three games will test our strenght and maybe show the champions course.

Dez

Ok, to be champions we must win these sort of games simple as that, as for starting line up.... well The back four is set, flamini, cesc, hleb and ade will all start for sure. I think hleb-in-the-hole is an option but i think Eduardo deserves his chance. I'd be happy for diaby to start if Rosicky is carrying a knock, he scored two legit goals last time out.

thegame24

Established Member
We should bring back baptista for a one night stand with liverpool.

Im sure they fancy a 4 goal quickie again

thegame24

Established Member
We should bring back baptista for a one night stand with liverpool.

Im sure they fancy a 4 goal quickie again

banduan

Established Member
Anelka is not a definite out but is likely out.

Whereas Gallas and Tom are almost guaranteed starts.

It's aaaaaaaaaall good.

We have our strongest midfield, strongest defence, and only missing a Boy Wonder.

Dudu should do enough to cover.

Top that we have 2 strong impact players in Walcott and Bendtner on the bench, and good defensive backup. We're sorted for this.

DC Gunner

Established Member
USArsenal said:
ahh.. good to see Gallas back TBH... good timing since Phil is slightly injured... i would rather have faster defenders with Anelka in there....

TBH, with Mark's lineup (which is fully expected as long as Ros & Eddy are fit), we should thrash Bolton... RvP swapped out with Eddy is fine... i think Eddy can get behind their defence pretty well..

im just worried about Ade's state of mind after being dumped out otf the ACN qualifying.... i hope he has his head on straight....
Was he dumped off the Togolese team, or did Togo fail to qualify !?

Also, is it really true that Anelka is not going to play for Bolton !?

DC Gunner

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Manny
Sagna - Touré - Gallas - Clichy
Hleb - Cesc - Flamini - Rosicky
Ade - Eduardo

Gilberto
Diarra
Denilson
Bendtner
Walcott
No backup keeper !? :shock:

Are you that confident :wink:

Long Time Gooner

DC Gunner said:
Was he dumped off the Togolese team, or did Togo fail to qualify !?

Also, is it really true that Anelka is not going to play for Bolton !?
Togo failed to qualify.

No firm news on Anelka. Merely that he is a 'doubt'. He did miss France's midweek game through injury.

tam1886

Established Member
Seen on SSN this morning that Rosicky, Lehmann and Gallas have all been passed fit to play.

Gallas will be certain to start with Lehmann doubtful i'd say. I think he'll stick with Almunia. I'm not sure about Rosicky, i'd expect him to play, but I wouldnt take any chances, i'd much rather have him for the bigger games coming up than Bolton.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom