• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ibby said:
The problem was that we allowed Campo too much time on the ball. If they had Anelka playing I think they would have caused us a lot more problems.

I hope Gerrard or Scholes don't get as much time on the ball.
I felt the culprits were Eduardo and Eboue. Eduardo could be tired after his international week while Eboue was simply clueless and sometimes lazy in defense.

I hope Wenger can rotate the midfield a bit in the midweek's games so he can put a Hleb-Cesc-Flamini-Rosicky lineup againt Liverpool and then ManUre.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i prefer sagna's old hair to be honest. he new hair makes him looks like some weird african.

i hope wenger can rest cesc and the main players in midweek against slavia, and then put back his first team in anfield.

banduan

Established Member
Missed most of this game cos I was playing football and the arena had its dish knocked out by lightning.

Sneaked off to my car inbetween rounds to catch the updates. After HT, was 0-0 and I thought "Walcott's gonna come on and change this".

Looks like he did.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:
I actually hate this place on match days :lol: Why cant people accept that we won, end of! Honestly, you would think you are a bunch of United fans trying to convince yourselves we aren't a good side

Because "we won, end of" is for average sides. We expect the win and nothing less. The fact that we did is nothing to be overly excited about, especially against the likes of Bolton.

so winning against bolton should be a formality huh? The same guys whom we have struggled for with so long? Why cant we find the middle ground..? Suddenly a WIN only is not good enuff. With the same bunch of players we had last year...we could hardly get a win..but all of a sudden just winning is not enough. We won the game yesterday and were by fat the much bettter team. All Bolton did was TO prevent us from playing.. they have successfully beeing doing that for years...and did reasonably well yesterday. How a fan can not run with the win and move forward is beyond me.

qs

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:
I actually hate this place on match days :lol: Why cant people accept that we won, end of! Honestly, you would think you are a bunch of United fans trying to convince yourselves we aren't a good side

Because "we won, end of" is for average sides. We expect the win and nothing less. The fact that we did is nothing to be overly excited about, especially against the likes of Bolton.

so winning against bolton should be a formality huh? The same guys whom we have struggled for with so long? Why cant we find the middle ground..? Suddenly a WIN only is not good enuff. With the same bunch of players we had last year...we could hardly get a win..but all of a sudden just winning is not enough. We won the game yesterday and were by fat the much bettter team. All Bolton did was TO prevent us from playing.. they have successfully beeing doing that for years...and did reasonably well yesterday. How a fan can not run with the win and move forward is beyond me.

At home against a team 2nd from bottom(now bottom) should be a formality. Reports of Boltons success over us have been greatly exaggerated too, in London they've never managed much.

Tony Montana

Established Member
qs said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:

At home against a team 2nd from bottom(now bottom) should be a formality. Reports of Boltons success over us have been greatly exaggerated too, in London they've never managed much.

Come the end of the season this result will just be a record. Most people will have forgotten how we played. Against Sunderland and Sp**s earlier this season, Manure were quite poor. Does it matter now? No. Just move on Qs.

bethie

if everything is just a formality, you just need 10 teams in epl, maybe less. we don't have any god-given rights to whack team 6 - 0, even if they are the bottom team.

nazo

Established Member
Well i've seen the highlights and it seems Hleb was on fire again and Theo made a huge difference. Good to see Theo improving his game, and damn he's fast.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
ThaSaltCracka said:
I was finally able to watch the game, but only the first half so far. We looked like s**t.

try and watch the 2nd half next time.

we looked like the sh*t.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i had a worried look in the first half beucase its a long time since we played boringly and created nothing in the first half at home.

understandably so though, its after a stupid international break and our team hasn't been together for 2 weeks. some are suffering from fatigue too and bolton was defending with 10 man behind the ball.

glad wenger made subs that ultimately won us the game.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom