• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

j'nuh

qs said:
:lol: Drawing away defenders, man you could be the next Alister Campbell.

Anyway yeah, needs no more discussion, we've made our points.

Next up Eboue, he's abysmal.

Whats funny about drawing away defenders?

You think every Arsenal player in the box should run towards the near post? What if Walcott had cut it back? Would that make Rosicky lazy? Have you been hitting a crack pipe?

Shredder

An incredibly dull first half where little happened was weighed up by utter dominance in that second half. Did Bolton have even 5% of the ball in the second?

A day-at-the-office win and I feel our class showed in the end.

Salut!

awooga83

Established Member
Just Back from the match and wasn't a great performance but a good result. The international break clearly hit us and losing RvP as well as Ade and Eduardo didn't look in sync. Both of them had pretty poor games, not form lack of effort but nothing really came off today for them and some of Ade's finishing today, we know he is better then that.

The biggest thing today for me is why was Eboue playing I remember having a debate about whether it would be Rosicky or Diaby so it was neither and we really struggled as a result. In the first half only Hleb looked a threat. Bring Theo and Thomas on and suddenly we really looked like we could get a goal.

Anyway the points are important and a very tough match in the league next so we will need all the confidence and form we can muster.

number_0

Established Member
refs are truelly trying to help manu here.
anyway villa is as bad as tottenham when trying to defend a lead

-----------------------------------------

about the game i thought we were solid with the exception of eboue.
sanga did well against a top quality winger, clichey is back after his shocker to dominate the left side, i swear i never worry when the opponents hoof the ball there, coz i know gael is there, cesc was also good, the scums were trying to get to him, lucky he didnt get sent off....

hleb was a monster as usual, he was busy creating all game, never chickened out from the bolton thugs and if he wasnt you'd see him win the ball back, a very underrated skill by hleb.

eboue had a really crap game, but i am willing to give him a chance there, like i did at RB, hope he doesnt dissapoint me.

flamini is developing a creative edge to his play and i like it, he gave that through ball to walcatt for our 2nd goal

i thought the second goal was a bit offside, and there was a dissallowed penalty for clichey at the end aswell, but all in all we won deservedly and full credits to everyone.

and diaby=song :p

Mark

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about the performance. I think the players (as well as a lot of the fans on here, myself included) took Bolton a bit lightly today, but the difference from last year is that we got 3 points today, eventually. You can be sure this team will play a lot better against Liverpool and United, especially with the confidence of another result that keeps them top of the league.

Biggus

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:
I actually hate this place on match days :lol: Why cant people accept that we won, end of! Honestly, you would think you are a bunch of United fans trying to convince yourselves we aren't a good side

Because "we won, end of" is for average sides. We expect the win and nothing less. The fact that we did is nothing to be overly excited about, especially against the likes of Bolton.

We are in a league competition,
This was a league match, It is now over and gone,
At the end of the day results are all that matter, the rest is fluff. We did win- end of.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i utterly hate manure. totally an unfair team to have as many people sides them. also the luckiest team in the world in terms of poor play yet having results. ****ty mancs ****ers.

back to bolton match, wasn't the prettiest on the eyes, but a good results for us. their new manager actually changed bolton back into their own ways, ugly to watch but defensively better. sammy lee was always asking bolton to play 4-4-2 and attack beautifully. no matter which way, we still can dismantle them.

cesc needs to control his temper a little, he could be easily sent off. ade worked hard and well, unlucky not to get a goal. imo, first half was terrible from us, nothing created, but 2nd half was much improved. must have received a lashing from Arsène in the dressing room.

whole team performed generally okay, will rate the players performance better individually in the ratings thread.

gallas looks a little shaky though, he dosen't really improve our defence, and don't command an aerial presence. eboue totally disappointing.

now, we need to continue our good run of form against our next 2 league opponents, especially against manure. a win against the macs ****s and a draw in anfield would do it for me.

lets hope a big win against slavia prague and spark some crazy run of results

the dawn raids

Established Member
am i the only one that died laughing when ade fell over himself? it was such an atypical ade moment; i was expectinutg a 30 yard stunner from him to balance things out in true ade fashion.

anyway, poor first half, good second. the substitutions played a big part in that.

but ade has got to be sharper with our hell week coming up as eduardo is still feeling his way in the side. and cesc is going to see a lot of double tems with vP out.

mom - clichy . he has a great knack for knowing when and when not to attack and break up movements.

Dez

Eboue was absolutely abysmal.

We needed phil at the back in this game, Kevin Davies won just about every header, but a clenshett none the less.

JazzG

Established Member
Not so great performance today but very important that we won our game. Got two hard fixtures in the PL coming up now so it was important to win this just in case we slip in those two games.

ibby

Established Member
Dez said:
Eboue was absolutely abysmal.

We needed phil at the back in this game, Kevin Davies won just about every header, but a clenshett none the less.

Davies wins just about every header against most teams he plays against.

I don't think that was the problem. The problem was that we allowed Campo too much time on the ball. If they had Anelka playing I think they would have caused us a lot more problems.

I hope Gerrard or Scholes don't get as much time on the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom