• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

RC8

Established Member
tam1886 said:
This website has just got a lot cooler in my eyes. When I typed in Touré, I just noticed that it puts the little accent thingymajig above the 'e'. Amazing :lol:

Heh, glad you like it. First thing I did when I was made a mod... I've wanted to do that for ages! It also automatically capitalises the "T" ;)

stiiphunn

Established Member
qs said:
:lol: Drawing away defenders, man you could be the next Alister Campbell.

Anyway yeah, needs no more discussion, we've made our points.

Next up Eboue, he's abysmal.

:roll: :lol:

Druid

Mostarac said:
To not play very well and still win is what a title winning team needs. Another 3 points today is importnant and it ensures that we keep on going at the top of the table. I have a question for those who watched the match, how was Eduardo playing today?

he was invisible imo.. the only moment i can remember was him in the 6 yard box and a misplaced pass across goal when he could have passed sideways to another arsenal player who would have a decent sight at goal.

ibby

Established Member
This game today proved how important Rosicky is to our play.

Here's to him not getting injured on Tuesday...

stuart

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:
I actually hate this place on match days :lol: Why cant people accept that we won, end of! Honestly, you would think you are a bunch of United fans trying to convince yourselves we aren't a good side

Because "we won, end of" is for average sides. We expect the win and nothing less. The fact that we did is nothing to be overly excited about, especially against the likes of Bolton.

okay well hopefully Arsène remembers to tell the boys every team we should be beating we should be trouncing :roll:
when all you seem able to moan about is Adebayors first touch things must be looking good. We're top of the league, undefeated and won again today. Act like it. Enjoy it ffs

qs

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Bolton had 1 shot today, this team is going down and im loving watching it

Looking at the relegation zone at the moment makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D

qs

Established Member
stuart said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:
I actually hate this place on match days :lol: Why cant people accept that we won, end of! Honestly, you would think you are a bunch of United fans trying to convince yourselves we aren't a good side

Because "we won, end of" is for average sides. We expect the win and nothing less. The fact that we did is nothing to be overly excited about, especially against the likes of Bolton.

okay well hopefully Arsène remembers to tell the boys every team we should be beating we should be trouncing :roll:
when all you seem able to moan about is Adebayors first touch things must be looking good. We're top of the league, undefeated and won again today. Act like it. Enjoy it ffs

Oh shut up. We are enjoying it, it doesn't mean absolutely everything is perfect. Some of us would like to stay at the top you know. Our next 2 league games wont be against opposition quite as bad as Bolton you know, we need to improve for those games.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mostarac said:
To not play very well and still win is what a title winning team needs. Another 3 points today is importnant and it ensures that we keep on going at the top of the table. I have a question for those who watched the match, how was Eduardo playing today?
Not very good.
IMO Eduardo should have started on the left.

In the first half, he was more in the central-right position. I don't know if it's AW's instrucitons or Eduardo drifting into that area by himself. Eduardo was either too close to or too far from the target-man Ade many times.

In the second half, Eduardo played on the left but he seemed a bit unable to adjust his game when moving to the winger position.

famous no 10

Established Member
qs said:
stuart said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:

Oh shut up. We are enjoying it, it doesn't mean absolutely everything is perfect. Some of us would like to stay at the top you know. Our next 2 league games wont be against opposition quite as bad as Bolton you know, we need to improve for those games.

QFT

mindchnger

stiiphunn said:
What you call 'standing there' is actually drawing defenders and I believe that's why Tomas was left alone in the box.

Man I wish I had some stats- like the number of kilometers he ran today-. If he was that lazy and that terrible Wenger would have subbed him.

But let's just agree to disagree.

Agreed. Ade's mere presence is enough to give opponent's defenders something to worry about, so he draws the defense towards him leaving others available. Ade was did an immense amount of work today, as he does in every game. He's a big part of how we threaten the box and break down opponent's defenses. Unfortunately, though, he didn't show the end result today but he still contributed to the threat we posed. He just needs a little bit of mental toughness and some consistency, as everyone else has been saying.

Druid

Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:

just because we're a 'better than average team' doesn't mean we can't rejoice and cherish every win. we did well to win this game since the week before was internationals and the lads only had one day of training together.. if it was last season we would either have drawn/lost this match. so come on man, be happy that we have improved ;)

mood

Walcott - our supersub! Very impressive last 2 games for Theo.

Eboue shouldn't be on the field. He's not a right winger, and he's not as good as a rightback as Sagna is, defensively atleast. He's a very frustrating player, I've always found him frustrating to be honest.

stuart

Established Member
qs said:
stuart said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:

And the win enables us to do so. I dont appreciate being told to shut up when all im doing is pointing out that we cant trounce these teams week in week out no matter how bad they are. We all know against the bigger teams the lads will step it up

bertlb2

Well Villa just scored. And they look the better side in this opening 15 mins. Agbonlahor the scorer. Good news I guess.

Wednesdayware

stuart said:
qs said:
stuart said:
Wednesdayware said:
stuart said:

And the win enables us to do so. I dont appreciate being told to shut up when all im doing is pointing out that we cant trounce these teams week in week out no matter how bad they are. We all know against the bigger teams the lads will step it up

You don't appreciate being told to shut up, yet you also feel it's acceptable to tell me to "Enjoy it ffs", like I'm not allowed to have my own opinion...

giuliob

One thing about Cesc in this game......Apart from his precision passing, He seems to be really improving defensively......getting the ball back......Theo played with verve, and he looked like he was really enjoying himself out there.....Great for his confidence......What a great celebration with Rosicky.....

mood

I hope Villa keep it up.

With bloody United, you never know what can happen.

Liverpool were lucky to beat Everton today as well! It would've done us good for both Liverpool & United to drop pts as we play both of them next.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom