• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Adebayor has been amazing today. He worked so hard.

Clichy deserves lots of credit. He almost kept Bolton's right side quiet single-handedly.

BTW, Theo doubters are muppets. This kid has everything to succeed in Arsenal, everything.

famous no 10

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I'm just glad no one is criticisng Senderos. :lol:

He's not got far to go if all it takes for no one to criticise him is for us to keep a clean sheet and for him not to play!

He's almost accepted in some peoples eyes now!

No it was definately still Senderos's fault for us not playing well in the first half. :wink:

RC8

Established Member
Very pleased with the result. This was exactly the type of game where we could have dropped points at home.

3 players stand out:

1. Hleb - Awesome performance, truly wonderful. His dribbling is pure class and he created tons of chances today.

2. Touré - What a monster. I was so happy when his goal went in. If he retires with us he could become my favourite player of all time.

3. Clichy - Had a good game, both going forward and at the back. Shame about his final ball.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Druid said:
chachacallis said:
stiiphunn said:
chachacallis said:
yes Ade has been real bad today, i hope the new Ade comes back next week.

LOOOOLLL

He hasn't been real bad today! He missed some things but he created a lot and helped us a lot today!
No he was Real Bad, Its like he had two left Foot TOday, his touch was really poor, so all he did today was run around a lot.

were you even watching the match? he didn't just 'run around a lot' like what you were saying. in the 2nd half at one point he took the ball with his back to goal, and he just turned around the bolton defender and had a shot. you can't do that if your first touch is poor. if his first touch was poor he wouldn't even be able to take those shots in the first place.

QFT.

The old cliche are rushing back I guess...

tam1886

Established Member
I dont believe he has a poor first touch or poor finishing ability, because he has proved he has both on numerous occasions. The problem lies with his inconsistency in delivering both.

qs

Established Member
Druid said:
chachacallis said:
stiiphunn said:
chachacallis said:

LOOOOLLL

He hasn't been real bad today! He missed some things but he created a lot and helped us a lot today!
No he was Real Bad, Its like he had two left Foot TOday, his touch was really poor, so all he did today was run around a lot.

were you even watching the match? he didn't just 'run around a lot' like what you were saying. in the 2nd half at one point he took the ball with his back to goal, and he just turned around the bolton defender and had a shot. you can't do that if your first touch is poor. if his first touch was poor he wouldn't even be able to take those shots in the first place.

He blasted that about 6 foot wide.

Apart from that he was constantly out of position, not getting into good positions in the box, wasting chances, not attacking the ball, not getting on the end of passes. Generally standing round like a lazy ****er.

He had a terrible game, simple as that. it doesn't mean he's a terrible player but today he was absolute muck, you can't argue otherwise, well you could but you'd be a ****ing eejit.

qs

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I dont believe he has a poor first touch or poor finishing ability, because he has proved he has both on numerous occasions. The problem lies with his inconsistency in delivering both.

Nail on the head.

famous no 10

Established Member
tam1886 said:

Yup.

When he's on his game he's pretty much unplayable, but when he's not he's, er, not.

qs

Established Member
tam1886 said:
Will someone describe Touré's goal for me please

Hard low free kick from out side ythe box a little to the left, skimmed in through the entire defence, too late for Jussi to see it.

Jameel46

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
tam1886 said:

Yup.

When he's on his game he's pretty much unplayable, but when he's not he's, er, not.

but the one thing you know is that Ade is more than likely to cause problem for the opposition defence

tam1886

Established Member
This website has just got a lot cooler in my eyes. When I typed in Toure, I just noticed that it puts the little accent thingymajig above the 'e'. Amazing :lol:

stiiphunn

Established Member
qs said:
Druid said:
chachacallis said:
stiiphunn said:
chachacallis said:

LOOOOLLL

He blasted that about 6 foot wide.

Apart from that he was constantly out of position, not getting into good positions in the box, wasting chances, not attacking the ball, not getting on the end of passes. Generally standing round like a lazy f*r.

He had a terrible game, simple as that. it doesn't mean he's a terrible player but today he was absolute muck, you can't argue otherwise, well you could but you'd be a f****g eejit.

:D

He wasn't constantly out of position. I seriously don't know what you're talking about.

And the fact that you think he was lazy today really says it all...

bertlb2

I just saw the replays of the goals. The second one is great. But Touré's strike, I am not too sure. I mean this kind of thing works once in how many tries? Anyway, we'll take it. Great result against a struggling team. Is Bolton going down this year?

americanarf

Established Member
qs said:
tam1886 said:

Hard low free kick from out side ythe box a little to the left, skimmed in through the entire defence, too late for Jussi to see it.
:eek:, I take it the ball wasn't shifted this time, usually his shots hit the wall, genuinely happy for the guy ... his hit the woodwork enough times.

Jameel46

Established Member
bertlb2 said:
I just saw the replays of the goals. The second one is great. But Touré's strike, I am not too sure. I mean this kind of thing works once in how many tries? Anyway, we'll take it. Great result against a struggling team. Is Bolton going down this year?

hopefully.

giuliob

tam1886 said:
It was a free kick just outside the penalty box, almost dead center.....Fabs gave the ball a nudge, Flams steadied it while Toure started to move forward and smack it.....went by whats his name and caught the GK off guard, didn't move quick enough once it got by defender......Nice celebration.........

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom