• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Bolton - 20th Oct 2007 - Ashburton Grove - 15:00

True Gooner

Established Member
Jasard said:
Yay real football again!

:punk

Im going for Eduardo starting up front instead of Bendtner. OF course Bendtner may ***** but we cant make everyone happy ;)
Lehmann to start IMO.

--------------Lehmann---------------

Sagna--Touré--Gallas--Clichy

Hleb--Fabregas--Flamini--Diaby

--------Adebayor--Eduardo---------

We owe those Orcs alot and Id love a proper 5-0 trashing - no one leaves alive :twisted:
And of course, watch out for Anelka, he has a good record against us. Apart from that I see no threat from Bolton, apart from their smelly socks in the dressing room.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My starting XI:

---------Almunia
Hoyte--Toure--Gallas--Clichy
Walcott--Cesc--Flamini---Helb
---------Adebayor---Eduardo

sub: Fabianski, Sagna, Denilson, Gilberto,Bendtner

4-0 win to Gunners.

Alfonso

Established Member
Why is no one putting Rosicky in their starting line ups? Surely when he is fit he is a automatic starter..Remember Rosicky's last two games. He changed the game when he came on against Sp**s and was really good against Seville untill he got injured. When he is not in the side there is a noticable difference in overall quality. I would even go as far to say he makes Fabregas click at times as well.

If Rosciky plays against Liverpool and Man Utd I think our chances of winning goes up significantly.

Mark

Established Member
I'd expect something like this...

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Hleb Flamini Fabregas Rosicky

Adebayor Eduardo

1. Fabianski 2. Bendtner 3. Walcott 4. Denilson 5. Hoyte

Very strong team, even without RvP. Kind of disappointed Sammy Lee won't be in charge because we almost certainly would have killed them, now they might be a bit more up for it. Nevertheless, I think it's gonna be a good one. 4-0 to the Arsenal. Adebayor, Eduardo x2 and Hleb.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ahh.. good to see Gallas back TBH... good timing since Phil is slightly injured... i would rather have faster defenders with Anelka in there....

TBH, with Mark's lineup (which is fully expected as long as Ros & Eddy are fit), we should thrash Bolton... RvP swapped out with Eddy is fine... i think Eddy can get behind their defence pretty well..

im just worried about Ade's state of mind after being dumped out otf the ACN qualifying.... i hope he has his head on straight....

Zico

Established Member
Is Rosicky even healthy for the weekend? I thought he was an injury problem for yesterday's match (where the Czechs played stunning football, albeit against Germany A).

If Rosicky is healthy, he should be a certain starter. An interesting battle is brewing in midfield. Over the next two games, I expect to see all of Gilberto, Flamini and Diarra play significant minutes. For the first time in 3 years, we have lots of quality depth at donkey.

I would like to see a team with some stature, toughness and physicality against Bolton, so Diaby, Gilberto, Adebayor, Eduardo would be musts for me.

-Shaun-

Amazing match thread as always.
----------------------------------------------
Starting Line-Up:

--------------------------Lehmann---------------------
----------Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy----
----Walcott----Fabregas----Diarra----Hleb------
------------------Adebayor----Eduardo--------------

Substitutions:

Fabianski
Senderos
Eboue
Diaby
Bendtner

Score Prediction:

4-0 to Arsenal. I know some may think it's a tad optimistic, but why not? They aren't in good form, and the departure of there ex-manager isn't going to lighten them up exactly. Fabregas, Toure and Adebayor twice on the scoresheet. C'mon Arsenal.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I have a feeling they may surprise us a bit. Going for a 2-0.

Alfonso

Established Member
I got a feeling this could be similar to the Man City game in which we score very late on and only win by the one goal. It would have been better if we played Bolton under Little Sam. Teams who immediately change manager are always tough to play against as the players are more galvanised, want to prove a point, and players recentley out of the first team would want to try show their worth etc.

Lukazan

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Why is no one putting Rosicky in their starting line ups? Surely when he is fit he is a automatic starter..Remember Rosicky's last two games. He changed the game when he came on against Sp**s and was really good against Seville untill he got injured. When he is not in the side there is a noticable difference in overall quality. I would even go as far to say he makes Fabregas click at times as well.

If Rosciky plays against Liverpool and Man Utd I think our chances of winning goes up significantly.

Because if he plays in this game he'll probably only wind up injured again and miss the Liverpool and Man u games anyway........

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I fear Nadz might be getting tapped up by the Barcelona message board :(

Rosicky is going to play? Gallas? Really?

Is Anelka out? He was hurt in France's last match, no?

RammiXP

im looking forward to this as i will be there in pyhsical form.

Im hoping for us to continue with our confident displays this year and show some more grit against a bolton side who for the first time look a little unsettled.

will be interesting game.

number_0

Established Member
west ham vs manu springs to mind.
anyway pressure will be less, as the other big 4 also have really hard fixtures, so they are bound to drop points.

key point here is score early (sunderland), but not remove the pedal of the metal, and remember some of our players have as much to prove as the boltonese players(eg: eddie, bendtner, berto, and jens)
so i expect a passionate fight especially as private gallas will be back.

nidza7

Established Member
teams usually raise their game when switch menagers(the very first game),of course it`s not the rule but I`m a bit concerned but very positive.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
My team:

--------------Jens

Sagna--Touré--Gallas--Clichy

Hleb--Fabregas--Flamini--Rosicky

--------Adebayor--Eduardo

Eduardo to play a blinder, we'll win.

tam1886

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
nidza7 said:
Clockwork,is Rossa fit to play or not?cant bother looking elsewhere
according to arsenal.com, yes:

Arsène Wenger revealed on Thursday that Tomas Rosicky has recovered from the hamstring injury that has kept him out since the Sevilla tie.

http://www.arsenal.com/injury.asp?thisN ... njury+News
He didnt play midweek though did he?

That made me think he was out. Anyway, if he's fit, then he's obviously a starter.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Back
Top Bottom