• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers -EPL- Wed 20th Jan 2010 - 19:45

Meatwad

progman07 said:
patrick42uk said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/7045225/William-Gallas-career-flashpoints.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disgraceful journalism. But not suprising.
Oh my... do they write up articles like this about Rooney's and Gerrard's dives as well? I guess they don't...
right wing rags tend to be nationalistic so expecting them to compile a dossier on rooney and gerrard and publish it after every incident is expecting too much.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
none of it matters.. the tabloids can say whatever they choose.. FA will not charge Gallas for the incident.. end of.. nothing else matters

they can bleat on all they want about playing dirty, but if we win the title, WHO THE F*CK CARES?!?! (not me, for sure)

i mean, take the Rooney-Ronaldo incident from WC 2006.. Rooney stamps on Carvalho, ROnaldo brings it to the ref's attention, and what the media say? "Ronaldo gets Rooney sent off" or "Rooney is disappointed in Ronaldo's actions" as opposed to "Rooney did something thuggishly stupid to get himself sent off" (which is exactly what happened)

typical

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Meatwad said:
progman07 said:
patrick42uk said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/7045225/William-Gallas-career-flashpoints.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh my... do they write up articles like this about Rooney's and Gerrard's dives as well? I guess they don't...
right wing rags tend to be nationalistic so expecting them to compile a dossier on rooney and gerrard and publish it after every incident is expecting too much.
Let's see how much those scoundrels at The Sun and the Daily Mail like Wooney and Stevie G on June 12, when it's USA 1, England 0.

Yeah, they'll say, "Ten men, we only had ten men." Of course you did, because that thug Rooney got sent off!

As for this match... I'm glad I didn't see it. I would have hated the first 30 minutes. And even after the 4th goal, I would have felt very lucky to get out with the win.

On the other hand, I've never been on the delivery end of a good old-fashioned "Two-nil, and you ****ed it up" chant. I've been on the receiving end of one...

Swish

Established Member
russkiegooner said:
patrick42uk said:

As usual: appalling double standards of the British media regarding Arsenal. Just like Coyle's attitude, by the way: preaching and practising 'physical' (meaning 'dirty') football and moaning like a little ***** when it reels back to him.
To be fair to Coyle, he prefers the Arsenal way of playing. He has inherited a team of thugs and will try to transform them into how Burnley played. Sadly, he can't turn a blind eye when the new team he has is notorious for being an aggressive bunch of thug ****s and every team will stick it back to Bolton because thats the only way Bolton can play and Coyle will need to learn that.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Love the press hate against Arsenal. It means we are finally doing something right. We just need to stay top

Meatwad

Uncle Mike said:
Let's see how much those scoundrels at The Sun and the Daily Mail like Wooney and Stevie G on June 12, when it's USA 1, England 0.

Yeah, they'll say, "Ten men, we only had ten men." Of course you did, because that thug Rooney got sent off!

As for this match... I'm glad I didn't see it. I would have hated the first 30 minutes. And even after the 4th goal, I would have felt very lucky to get out with the win.

On the other hand, I've never been on the delivery end of a good old-fashioned "Two-nil, and you f*d it up" chant. I've been on the receiving end of one...
the best recent delivery end was 2007 carling cup semis at ****e hart. baptista :lol:

Swish

Established Member
As someone said yesterday, we must be top because the papers are laying into us again. Ah, we forgot how much the media hates us, we just haven't pissed on their parade for a while.

Regardless of the bullshit they run, Wenger is spot on. It's up to the referee to stop play, not the players. So if anyone is to blame, it's Wiley.

Meatwad

and plus they can't claim hypocrisy because when everton did it wenger had no complaints. he was more pissed at denilson for not practicing some of the dark arts.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Meatwad said:
Uncle Mike said:

On the other hand, I've never been on the delivery end of a good old-fashioned "Two-nil, and you f*d it up" chant. I've been on the receiving end of one...
the best recent delivery end was 2007 carling cup semis at s***e hart. baptista :lol:
You mean... THIS?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72mLFf-V7Xg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72mLFf-V7Xg</a>

"Notice how quiet they are!"

General

Established Member
CKD39 said:
Theo would have found a way to f**k it up.

And lol @ him having a go at Arshavin, he needs to realise that the only reason he's even in with a chance of winning something this season is because he is surrounded by better players who are a putting the work in and dragging us towards the finish line. One of those is Arshavin.

Are you serious? Theo may have thrown a needless hissyfit but it wouldn't have been so needless had Bolton gone to the other end and scored. Arsh should've passed to him and I'm convinced had Cesc being in that situation, the ball would've been in the back of the net.

It’s nice to be top but we are going to need every goal we can get, seeing as we can’t stop leaking at the back.

Swish

Established Member
Looking at it again, I think Theo was within his right to throw said hissyfit. It was a fantastic opportunity for us to take a 5-2 lead and it would have gone a long way to helping Theo's confidence. It speaks volumes that despite being 4-2 up, Theo showed true passion to score more.

He sprinted 70 yards to make himself an easy option only to see Arshavin be greedy with the chance. I'd be rather pissed off as well to be honest.

As I said after the game, I think some players in this team do have a bit of an ego and when one move comes off, they turn into Billy Big Balls and want to go all the way ignoring team mates. Arshavin is by no means the only player who has done this, even Vela wasted a chance to slip Arshavin in during the same match, but opted at taking the slim chance and ultimately, hit the side netting.

I also don't think "we were 4-2 up" is an acceptable excuse either, each chance should be taken. Arshavin lacked the composure and got too sure of himself after that first touch to get the determination to go all the way.

With things this tight at the top, 1 goal could make all the difference come May. Each chance needs to be taken and that chance was wasted due to greed born out of one fantastic move.

ricky1985

Established Member
Why is this Theo-Arshavin thing still raging?

Arshavin produced a moment of genius, we had won the game, there was only minutes left, he wanted to try and score what would have been an amazing goal. So what if he didn't pass? If Theo had have pulled that bit of skill off he probably wouldn't have passed either at 4-2. Theo had the hump about it and so he should, Arshavin made a bad decision, so what, who cares?

Swish

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Why is this Theo-Arshavin thing still raging?

Arshavin produced a moment of genius, we had won the game, there was only minutes left, he wanted to try and score what would have been an amazing goal. So what if he didn't pass? If Theo had have pulled that bit of skill off he probably wouldn't have passed either at 4-2. Theo had the hump about it and so he should, Arshavin made a bad decision, so what, who cares?
Because it's something that has creeped into our game over the past couple of years and it's not a sight we're fond of after the way the invincibles played.

Let's say that immediately after that, Bolton came and scored in the dying minute. We'd be 2nd in the league. With this defence, anything could happen, so we should be a lot more assured up front and chances like those really should end in a goal. 2 Arsenal players against 1 defender and we didn't score.

Swish

Established Member
Captain said:
Actually, Theo would definitely have passed in my opinion.
Theo would have done. Theo may be a lot of things, but greedy isn't one of them. If Fabregas was in Arshavin's boots, we all know he would have squared it. As soon as Arshavin had that touch to open the play, he only played for Arshavin.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and like to see 100% team cohesion and team work or at least see us strive for it.

TomasCR

Established Member
Come on now, it's totally irrelevant. Arshavin is a winner, he wanted to score, so what. I believe Theo has already got over it, let's do the same. We won, are first...

otfgoon

Established Member
Swish said:
Because it's something that has creeped into our game over the past couple of years and it's not a sight we're fond of after the way the invincibles played.

Remember Henry's superb goal against Inter Milan at the San Siro where he he didn't pass to Pires in a very similar situation to yesterday (except Arshavin still ended up 1 on 1 with a great chance while Thierry had a lot to do)?

You make it sound like it happens all the time but in reality it hardly happens at all.

Swish

Established Member
Henry is a poor example. He squared plenty of easy chances to the unmarked player at the back post during his time here.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom