• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Cardiff [FA Cup; Monday 16 Feb 19:45 :Setanta]

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky: Yeah, it's just personal preference. Bendtner will probably start ahead of Eduardo, but it would do Ed a world of good to get an hour tomorrow. I think I wanna see Robin start regardless of who's playing next to him though, because that more or less guarantees a goal with his current form.

run

It doesn't sound like Eduardo will start and Ramsey is injured apparently so I think you'll be disappointed on both counts Klaus. And as much as I would love to see him, I just can't imagine Wilshere getting a run out...the team basically picks itself tomorrow.

otfgoon

Established Member
run said:
It doesn't sound like Eduardo will start and Ramsey is injured apparently so I think you'll be disappointed on both counts Klaus. And as much as I would love to see him, I just can't imagine Wilshere getting a run out...the team basically picks itself tomorrow.

Doesnt sound like Eduardo will start based on what?

If Wilshere isnt playing then who's playing on the right?

TomasCR

Established Member
These animal avatars make me laugh, it´s like a stock farm on here. :lol:

How about Bischoff in the middle with Song and Denilson on the right if Ramsey is out?

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I'll get around changing mine at some stage, just been busy lately!

The Hoff can also play on the right. From what little I've seen he looks quite decent. If he's fit, given Eboue and Theo being out and Arshavin being unavailable then its his opportunity to show if he's worth having contract renewed

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Eduardo will surley come off the bench for a 30minute spell, i cant see him starting. Besides, he'l get a much bigger reaction if he comes on later (so the focus is on him) and can only be a bigger benefit to him to see/hear the crowd behind him after such a time off.

Im thinking Vela/Nasri on the wings, with either/both coming off later on. Cant see Wilshere starting this one, but like Eduardo a sub apperence is very likley.

qs

Established Member
We shouldn't be starting Song against a Championship team in a home match IMO. Ramsey and Denilson if the Welshmans fit.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Eduardo won't start, Wenger would see how the game is going at the beginning, I would imagine he would have about 30 mins. Maybe if we get a first half goal and we are dominating, then he would play more.

Perfect game for him to play. Would like to see everyones reaction if he did score.

progman07

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
I'll get around changing mine at some stage, just been busy lately!

The Hoff can also play on the right. From what little I've seen he looks quite decent. If he's fit, given Eboue and Theo being out and Arshavin being unavailable then its his opportunity to show if he's worth having contract renewed
Don't get so obsessed with a player who hasn't even proven himself at lower stages. Bischoff is behind Merida, Randall in the pecking order, nevermind Ramsey and Wilshere... Also, he would be like Denilson out there, slow, can't go past players. I don't want him ahead of Wilshere on the right wing, that's for sure.

qs

Established Member
In games like this when the obvious options aren't available I think Wilshere has to start. If not then Wenger shouldn't ahve him in the first team squad or maybe even send him out on loan.

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
In games like this when the obvious options aren't available I think Wilshere has to start. If not then Wenger shouldn't ahve him in the first team squad or maybe even send him out on loan.
Exactly. Why is he in the squad if he can't even start in a home game against a Championship team, when all of our usual RW options aren't available?

TomasCR

Established Member
The same could be said about Bischoff though and yet, apart from a few cases, you haven´t had a possibility to find him in the first team.

The most important thing for Wilshere right now is to train with the first team players and that´s why he is there I guess.

progman07

Established Member
TomasCR said:
The same could be said about Bischoff though and yet, apart from a few cases, you haven´t had a possibility to find him in the first team.

The most important thing for Wilshere right now is to train with the first team players and that´s why he is there I guess.
Bischoff has done nothing to warrant a place in the first team, he should stand out in the reserves first. He isn't a RW either.

Wilshere on the other hand is a class apart in the reserves games, and he has proven himself in the CC games, too.

-vapour-

I agree that certainly Wilshere should get a chance against Cardiff, but at the same time it is a bit of a risk to start him, when he is still somewhat unproven. And as this is probably our best chance of some silverware this season I can see Wenger opting for someone else on the wing.

Personally I have mixed feelings about Wilshere starting, but I would still be pleased to see him starting on the right. I am also pretty sure he wouldn't let us down unless he really wasn't ready for this level. Against Championship competition however... shouldn't be too hard for him.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I think it would be so much easier for Wilshere if he came on in the second half, we would see his ability and his stamina would help him against the Cardiff defenders.

He shouldn't start in the FA cup, when he has just turned 17. Most likely I expect Denilson to start on the right probably.

TomasCR

Established Member
Proven himself in the CC Progman? How so? You mean the three games he has played so far? ;)

Have said that already and will say that again, I´m pretty sure that Wilshere is not in the first team to play any big part this season yet, he´s there to learn from the big boys. You know, the CC is a competition for the kids in Wenger´s eyes but the FA cup is our only chance to win a trophy at the moment, don´t really think he is going to rely on Wilshere, not yet.

However the truth is that there is really not many players to choose from, so in this special case, he might get some playing time. It´s just because the likes of Fabregas, Eduardo, Arshavin, Rosicky, Walcott, Eboue, Diaby, Ramsey and whoever else is out. We´ll see, I doubt he wil be in the starting XI though.

progman07

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Proven himself in the CC Progman? How so? You mean the three games he has played so far? ;)

Have said that already and will say that again, I´m pretty sure that Wilshere is not in the first team to play any big part this season yet, he´s there to learn from the big boys. You know, the CC is a competition for the kids in Wenger´s eyes but the FA cup is our only chance to win a trophy at the moment, don´t really think he is going to rely on Wilshere, not yet.

However the truth is that there is really not many players to choose from, so in this special case, he might get some playing time. It´s just because the likes of Fabregas, Eduardo, Arshavin, Rosicky, Walcott, Eboue, Diaby, Ramsey and whoever else is out. We´ll see, I doubt he wil be in the starting XI though.
Well more so then Bischoff. Wilshere has proven for me that AT HOME against a lower opponent he is very dangerous. Not sure about the away games, but we are playing home tomorrow.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom