• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Cardiff [FA Cup; Monday 16 Feb 19:45 :Setanta]

otfgoon

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
I think it would be so much easier for Wilshere if he came on in the second half, we would see his ability and his stamina would help him against the Cardiff defenders.

He shouldn't start in the FA cup, when he has just turned 17. Most likely I expect Denilson to start on the right probably.

What absolutely nonsense. The best player for the job should start regardless of age. And besides, if Denilson starts on the right who starts in the middle? Peter Pan?

This is the perfect game for Wilshere to make that step up.

Unforgiven

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Unforgiven said:
I think it would be so much easier for Wilshere if he came on in the second half, we would see his ability and his stamina would help him against the Cardiff defenders.

He shouldn't start in the FA cup, when he has just turned 17. Most likely I expect Denilson to start on the right probably.

What absolutely nonsense. The best player for the job should start regardless of age. And besides, if Denilson starts on the right who starts in the middle? Peter Pan?

Do you think I would want Denilson on the right? I said that because I thought Wenger would play him there.

The best player should play in the position, but it is a FA game we need to secure a win. Wilshere played about 3 CC games anyway, so he is ready then because of that?

There are other players who could play in the centre. Nasri, Song and Ramsey etc.

I have seen that Peter Pan fellow play, he is a good player wenger should sign him :?

otfgoon

Established Member
Non of us know what Wenger will do because he's never been in this situation before, Walcott, Rosicky, Diaby, Eboue and probably Ramsey are all unavailable.

Yes its an FA cup game we need to win, hence play your best available options out wide, I dont really understand why you placed a 'but' in between. A couple of Carling cup games were enough for Cesc to start games in the Premier League.

And like I said, an FA cup game free of the pressure that comes with the league games, at home, against lower league opposition is the perfect game for young jack to come into. We're not exactly talking about a CL semi away at the Nou Camp.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

going to this game- i won 2 tickets from Four Four Two magazine which is fantastic.

getting the train up from canterbury, so a long journey but well worth it.

TomasCR

Established Member
Was going to write a long post about how you couldn´t be more wrong Otfgoon, how Wilsehere is not going to play in any of the big games that are ahead of us (And the tomorrow´s game is definitely a big one - you know, at the end of the season, when we judge the elapsed year, we´ll talk differently if we eventually won the FA cup, it can play a damn big role. I don´t really think this is an ideal game for "Wilshere to come into") and about how some of you have got Wilshere´s presence in the first team wrong.

But no, then I´ve realized there is not many other players out of there that could do the job on the right wing and if Wenger really put him into the starting XI, I would make myself look like an absoulte idiot by saying so.

Under very special circumstances, such as in tomorrow´s game, it can happen that even Wilshere, that kid who I believe Wenger didn´t count with, could be one of the eleven selected but if there is any, even a small other possibility, I believe he will be on the bench.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I wouldn't mind seeing Merida get a game (or Wilshere), but I really want Denilson to stay central.

It's a pity that Ramsey looks set to miss this, it could have done him a lot of good to get a second crack at his old team after the horror show he put on in the first meeting.

qs

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Unforgiven said:

Yep. Look at Everton today, Rodwell scored in the first 5 minutes. Would they have had the confidence to win without that goal? Who knows but it certainly helped. No reason we can't play a 17 year old against a much weaker team than Villa.

run

I really really really want to see Wilshere but I'd bet the front six tomorrow will be some combination of: Nasri, Song, Denielson, Vela, RVP and Bendtner.

kamikaze80

Established Member
run said:
I really really really want to see Wilshere but I'd bet the front six tomorrow will be some combination of: Nasri, Song, Denielson, Vela, RVP and Bendtner.
the karate kid??

Shadow Moses

Established Member
EddyandAndrey.jpg

3.gif
3.gif

Can't we just use them both today? Stupid FA and their rules.

Perhaps we can unleash them both against an unsuspecting Sunderland.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Wenger could easily play Bendtner on the right midfield, with barely any options I would not be suprised, and he has played over to the right a little bit this season.

run

Yeah...um, I guess it's too late to post my reaction to Eddie's first goal (just a couple tears, I swear).

What happened to the site today?

progman07

Established Member
Pity the site went down yesterday. :(

Apart from Eduardo's great comeback (nobody deserved it more than him), I thought Vela and Nasri played very well, Bendtner can back his performance with stats (1 assist, 1 goal), but he was clumsier than ever. The CM's were very bad at passing, they won some balls but against Cardiff at home we need more from at least one of them (Denilson was the AM? He didn't contribute much at all).
The defense was very good (though Toure had his shaky moments), I thought Gibbs did really well, I think we don't need to panic whenever we see his name in the starting lineup.
Special mention to Fabianski, who annoyed the hell out of me. Why can't he throw the ****ing ball in to the nearest defender instead of kicking the ball upwards - we lost the ball so many times in situations like this I lost count. We just don't have the players to handle an aimless long ball, really.

RvP was a class apart again, when he came on, and I thought Bischoff did well, too (but I was angry when I saw him first, why wasn't Wilshere coming on?), he might grow into a good player afterall, his creativity was good to see. Ramsey couldn't really get into the game, but he didn't lose the ball. I hope he will never again have to play Cardiff in the near future. :D

nazo

Established Member
Eduardo was class, as if he was never away.

Everyone else was fine with Song being a little inconsistent with his passes.

It really could've been 5-0 by half time and in double digits come the final whistle.

nazo

Established Member
Oh forgot to mention Bendtners miss. My god, i was actually in tears :lol:

Bischoff looked like a handy player btw and Robin was great when he came on.

phenn

How class is Eduardo? First game back and the scoring touch is like it never left. So happy for him.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom