• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Cardiff [FA Cup; Monday 16 Feb 19:45 :Setanta]

General

Established Member
I saw a replay on ITV and it looked like there was a shoe and a mobile phone chucked from the stands. There was always bound to be one or two idiots.

People came back and said their support was **** at Ninian Park but they really handed out our arses on a plate here, even at 2-0 down.

We were pretty much standing in block 19 for the whole game which was a bloody good change.

Feet

Ade's hat was indeed rediculous.

Though it did look warm, so 10 out of 10 for practicality.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
General said:
I saw a replay on ITV and it looked like there was a shoe and a mobile phone chucked from the stands. There was always bound to be one or two idiots.

I saw some stuff being thrown our end in the 2nd half, and i thought it was a show (should have been easy to find Cinderella, surley?)

As for the game, why cant we play that way everytime? Granted, we could have scored more, but their 'keeper played well with some saves. But last night has 1 big highlight, and thats seeing our Croazillian back!

TomasCR

Established Member
Yeah and for those who couldn´t wait to see Wilshere getting some minutes yesterday, hope that was enough for you to realize Wenger does NOT count with him this season yet.

regele

Established Member
beck said:
bendtner was pulling the guy[purce]who had a very good game for birmingham in 2oo2 and kept bergkamp quiet [last time cardiff were here] all over the place creating space. give him a break
So he managed to stretch the guy who kept Bergkamp quiet 7 years ago? Deary me what have I done?

Seriously though, I'm usually quite permissive when it comes to Nik, but this season he looks like he managed to get some Ade-itis, there were quite a couple of times when he was alone in miles of space and he ruined every single one of them with his first touch. Then there's the tackle issue: that lunge that got him a yellow could have easily been a red, then the attempt at a shot where he ended up kicking their GK should have been a second yellow for him. We complain about bad tackles, but when our players do it nobody mentions a thing.

Feet

I agree that the yellow could easily have been a red, studs up and very high, a career ending tackle if it lands in the wrong place, but the collision with their goalie was absolutely fine and he had every right to try and win it, not a yellow at all.

DC Gunner

Established Member
General said:
Yah, I saw the shoe part and was :lol:

---
It is amazing that few people called Bendtner a donkey because those were my exact shouts at him yesterday, in more than one occasion but especially that blunder of a miss :|

atmosphere

Ahhh excellent.

One of the greatest days in my life as an Arsenal fan yesterday, I come to work feeling full of optimism and I log onto Arsenal Mania to find that it's still full of miserable, whinging, pessimistic ****s.

Some of you people are just ridiculous.

Get a grip.

ivansen

Eduardo was great, and it was so good to see him back.

Fabianski dealt exemplary with everything, although it wasn't much. Liked his rushing out and cross catching technique.

Vela had a good game. So did Nasri.

Still not completely convinced by Gibbs though. He left too much space in behind in the first half, and couldn't always deal with their winger. But he is young and can only improve.

Bendtner worked hard, and had great movement.

Bischoff had a good cameo, and looks like he could become a decent squad player for us.

the dawn raids

Established Member
so once again, the question begs to be asked, how has vela not got more games? especially in front of everyones favorite punching bag eboue?

patrick42uk

Established Member
I'm really liking Amaury. He's one of those who when he gets on the pitch, encourages the team to play in the 'correct' way i.e. moving the ball quickly with his quick passing and movement. He also has great vision and very good accuracy with a range of passes and a good work rate. I reckon its probably worth keeping him for a season. I assume as well the minutes yesterday were a reward for progress made so I assume at this point he's doing the right things to earn a deal. Ultimately I see him as the Rosicky replacement and can fill the some of the void left by Hleb.

patrick42uk

Established Member
I think yesterday's performance came down really to the mobility of Nasri and Bendtner and the adventure of the full backs. We havent had these ingredients in a while.

Kraig

Established Member
im watching the game again now on setanta. song really is a sloppy passer of the ball and denny aint much better

Feet

There's always alot of discussion about who was better or worse, Song or Denilson and I suppose it's a fair question, but I think the bottomline is NEITHER are good enough for a first team place. And Diaby isn't either.

Kraig

Established Member
Feet said:
There's always alot of discussion about who was better or worse, Song or Denilson and I suppose it's a fair question, but I think the bottomline is NEITHER are good enough for a first team place. And Diaby isn't either.

agreed

otfgoon

Established Member
Its embarrasing how after a game like yesterday some still come on here and find something to moan about.

Anyway, on to the game. Everything just seemed to be right yesterday, confidence, full backs getting forward like they used to, clever movement, clever passing, and even a solid defence. Its the Arsenal we've come to expect. Was a solid performance from Vela too, makes me wonder why Arsène has been so reluctant to use him.

Its amazing how Eduardo could be out for pretty much a year and in his first game play better than Ade has for a very long time.

famous no 10

Established Member
Excellent performance imo, and Eddy was great, his work rate was actually higher than I remember to be honest.

Thought Nik had a good game, and Vela's going to be special...all round good, committed job done.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom