• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Celtic Match Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 5
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7
Diaby 7
Song 7
Denilson 7.5
Eboue 8
Eduardo 6
Bendtner 6

Ramsey 6
Arshavin 7
Wilshere 7

Additonal Stats
Distance Covered(mt) Passing Accuracy
Denilson 12537 79%
Bendtner 10892 58%
Song 10634 86%
Sagna 10600 86%
Gallas 10262 85%
Clichy 10217 78%
Vermalen 10183 83%
Eboue 9366 86%
Eduardo 9157 83%
Diaby 8207 84%
Almunia 4294 66%
Ramsey 3232 75%
Wilshere 2671 67%
Arshavin 2495 81%

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7 - Was glad to see that he opted to cut the ball back for Eduardos penalty rather than mindlessly cross the ball

Diaby 6
Song 6
Denilson 7

Eboue 8 MOTM
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 6

Ramsey 6
Arshavin 7
Wilshere 7

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Will need to see it again but you don't want to see your keeper beaten from that angle.

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7

Song 8
Denilson 8 - Wonderful.
Diaby 7

Eboue 8
Eduardo 7 - The dive was awful, I've lost respect for him here.
Bendtner 6

Ramsey 7
Wilshere 6

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Shouldn't of been beaten from that angle, also feel his distribution was poor.

Sagna 7.5 - Good defensively, good going forward.
Gallas 8 - He really is on great form, another solid performance.
Vermaelen 8 - Same as Gallas, really good performance.
Clichy 7.5 - Really same as Sagna. Played well.

Song 8 - Another great defensively display from him.
Denilson 9 - My man of the match. Great performance.
Diaby 7 - Was quiet at times, did nothing wrong.
Eboue 8 - I thought he did well. Good goal.

Bendtner 6 - Didn't really see much from him.
Eduardo 8 - He is so deadly around the box, he makes amazing runs. Disappointed with the dive, but i've still got massive respect for him.

Ramsey 7 - Looked alright when he came on. Hope the injury isn't serious.
Wilshere 7 - Looked good. Very intelligent player.
Arshavin 7.5 - Looked really good when he came on. Great goal, too.

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7.5
Clichy 7 -

Diaby 6
Song 6
Denilson 8

Eboue 7
Eduardo 6.5 disgusting dive, really disappointed with him.
Bendtner 6

Ramsey 6
Arshavin 7
Wilshere 6

asajoseph

Established Member
Astonishing, really, some of these ratings.

I thought we were very poor in the first half, particularly in the attacking phases, and it was pretty obvious that we didn't really have to play all that well to comfortably beat Celtic.

Almunia - 6 (default)

Sagna - 7
Vermaelen - 8
Gallas - 8
Clichy - 6

Diaby - 6
Song - 6.5
Denilson - 5
Eboue - 5 (including +1 for the goal)

Bendtner - 4
Eduardo - 5

Ramsey - 5
Arshavin - 7
Wilshere - 6

Proof

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7

Diaby 7
Song 8
Denilson 8 - MOTM

Eboue 7
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 6

Subs:

Arshavin 7
Ramsey 6
Wilshere 6

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
asajoseph said:

I thought we were very poor in the first half, particularly in the attacking phases, and it was pretty obvious that we didn't really have to play all that well to comfortably beat Celtic.

Denilson - 5

Bendtner - 4
Eduardo - 5

Ramsey - 5

:shock:

Denilson had one of his better games I though.. would have given a 7 for him.. Eboue was not that bad.. maybe a 6.. Bendy - surely better than a 4.. created a goal and should have created a second (Eddy missed).. Eddy - eh, thought he was decent, but the dive drops him down to a 6 for me... and Ramsey with a 5? i thought he was decent too..

bigget surprise of your ratings is Denilson though.. I thought he was much better than you apparently did today.. and im not his biggest fan

giuliob

5=average
Almunia - 5
Sagna - 6.5
Vermaelen - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 6.5
Diaby - 5
Song - 6.5
Denilson - 7
Eboue - 6.5
Bendtner - 5
Eduardo - 7
Ramsey - 5
Arshavin - 7
Wilshere - 6

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7

Diaby 6
Song 7
Denilson 8 motm

Eboue 8
Eduardo 6
Bendtner 5

Kain

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7 -

Diaby 7
Song 7
Denilson 8

Eboue 8
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 6

Good performances from Gallas, Denilson & lots of energy with minimal mistakes (+ a goal) from Eboue.

All about the result, I'm happy we can hold a lead and still convert rather than try to sit on the lead we had. The subs Arshavin/Wilshere/Ramsey all seemed positive aswell, hope Ramsey is alright and availiable for the comming weeks.

asajoseph

Established Member
USArsenal said:
asajoseph said:

Denilson - 5

Bendtner - 4
Eduardo - 5

Ramsey - 5

:shock:

Denilson had one of his better games I though.. would have given a 7 for him.. Eboue was not that bad.. maybe a 6.. Bendy - surely better than a 4.. created a goal and should have created a second (Eddy missed).. Eddy - eh, thought he was decent, but the dive drops him down to a 6 for me... and Ramsey with a 5? i thought he was decent too..

bigget surprise of your ratings is Denilson though.. I thought he was much better than you apparently did today.. and im not his biggest fan

All of our midfield were sloppy today, very sloppy indeed.

Celtic were really not even at the races, yet for the first half we made a hell of a meal of things, struggled to create openings, the midfield three didn't make many runs beyond the ball, and generally gave the ball away far more than we needed to.

I've no idea what to think about Eboue's 'free role' - he scored a very good goal, admittedly, but he's one of the laziest ****ers I've ever seen tracking back, and spent at least 20 minutes of the first half trying to be a centre forward.

Denilson? Barely noticed him, to be honest, apart from when he continually became a black hole for posession late in the game. Song was (and is) a vastly better player tonight, without even really playing that well. Denilson is far too limited, both in attack and defence.

It was a poor performance, on the whole, apart from the defence, against a team who frankly weren't fit to be on the same field as us.

DOUBLE-YOU

almunia - 6

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelan - 6
clichy - 6

song - 6
denilson - 8
diaby - 6

eduardo - 6
bendtner - 5
eboue - 8

the defence didn't have much to do but for a spell before the first goal. denilson was all over the place, played very well as did eboue. bendtner and eduardo weren't that great.

progman07

Established Member
Eduardo - 0. HOW DARE HE... he is the first player in the universe to dive, and of course the keeper wasn't even attacking him... he is the most dirty player in the world. He should be banned forever.

[/sarcasm]

tam1886

Established Member
I don't normally do this, but I will say I wouldn't give anyone anything over a 7. We had three in central midfield against Celtic's pairing of Scott Brown and Massimo Donati, but I didn't think it showed really. I thought Denilson was probably our best on the night.

Wenger, the mastermind, if you can call it that, of a double win over Celtic once again gets a 12 out of 10 from me.

Eduardo gets an 8, not for his play, but simply for making Boruc go red in the face and look like a fool

progman07

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I don't normally do this, but I will say I wouldn't give anyone anything over a 7. We had three in central midfield against Celtic's pairing of Scott Brown and Massimo Donati, but I didn't think it showed really.
We were easily dominating, and some of the plays were breath-taking. of course we didn't take the game too seriously, but Celtic were no match for us, and we didn't go all out for goals.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 6
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 6

Diaby 4
Song 7
Denilson 8

Eboue 7
Eduardo 2