• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Celtic Match Ratings

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yeah Gallas has been our best performer so far - followed closely by Song, Vermaelen (and Cesc in the 2 and a half he's played). The back 4 looks great but the problem is once we get a few injuries and the numpties have to fill in.

Worth noting how good Vermaelen's passing is - it's very crisp and mostly to feet which is good when the defence/Song is lacking an outlet like Cesc to take the ball from them.

ricky1985

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Im more pissed at the "probly the reason Gallas is great line".

Its a f****g joke. Gallas has been our best defender since hes arrived.

It's true Gallas has always been our best defender, and has never performed below a certain level, even when partnered with the worng players, however, you can't argue that he's stepped up to a whole other level since Vermaelen has played along side him. Even outstanding players need a workable system, and complimentary players to bring the best out of them.

thegame24

Established Member
NO he hasnt stepped up another level, hes still same old gallas, scoring goals and defending well.

Just to set things straight also, it was only last year where the kolo gallas combo was **** at the start of 2008 season they were on fire.

Yes they compliment but it doesnt mean gallas is good because of him, hes good because hes gallas.

Its like saying henry is only good because of bergkamp.

Lord Dula

Established Member
thegame24 said:

lol - how can anyone get so worked up about a lil comment like that?

Chill out.

Lord Dula

Established Member
peanut butter and strawberry jam are both scrum diddly umptious on their own on a bagel, but have a peanut butter and strawberry jam toasted bagel, and it's almost as pleasurable as having a blonde pull you off with one of her index fingers up your poop shoot. mmmm kay

ricky1985

Established Member
thegame24 said:
NO he hasnt stepped up another level, hes still same old gallas, scoring goals and defending well.

Just to set things straight also, it was only last year where the kolo gallas combo was s**t at the start of 2008 season they were on fire.

Yes they compliment but it doesnt mean gallas is good because of him, hes good because hes gallas.

Its like saying henry is only good because of bergkamp.

You misunderstand me, TG. I'm not saying Gallas is good because of Vermaelen, I'm saying even the best players play worse/struggle to play to their best level when the team isn't working properly.

Look at Fabregas last season, he was way below his level, but he was playing in a poor team, with some poorly performing players, and a system that didn't get the best out of him. Fast forward to the start of this season and he looks the world class, awesome Cesc that we know and love. He obviously hasn't got any better, but he is now able to perform to his true level without the handicaps of last season.

Gallas has always been a great player, a world class player in fact, but now with the team and defensive unit functioning properly, he is able to really show it.

thegame24

Established Member
Ricky, the way he wrote it, implies that he never thought he was great before.

Also, its not just him, many here were worshiping him and giving no credit to gallas at the start, even though TV praised him and so did wenger.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Kain said:
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7 -

Diaby 7
Song 7
Denilson 8

Eboue 8
Eduardo 7
Bendtner 6

Good performances from Gallas, Denilson & lots of energy with minimal mistakes (+ a goal) from Eboue.

All about the result, I'm happy we can hold a lead and still convert rather than try to sit on the lead we had. The subs Arshavin/Wilshere/Ramsey all seemed positive aswell, hope Ramsey is alright and availiable for the comming weeks.

Bar clichy who I thought was exploited at both ends I agree.

ricky1985

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Ricky, the way he wrote it, implies that he never thought he was great before.

Also, its not just him, many here were worshiping him and giving no credit to gallas at the start, even though TV praised him and so did wenger.

Yeah, I noticed that early on. Gotta remember there are a lot of people who have/had a lot of issues with Gallas. Now he isn't being undermined by a poor team/defence around him, people are beginning to realise what a great player he is.

On the other hand, I've not seen you say much about Vermaelen, I take you've been impressed?

thegame24

Established Member
I have already said hes good, but i wont start sucking his **** till after the united and city games, then the big one vs Drogba.

Alfonso

Established Member
thegame24 said:

Hear, hear.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Yeah Ricky - takes an awful lot to impress a het up angry angry man such as thegame24 - he dont suck nooooooooo-one's **** until after the Manchester clashes or the biggun against the Ivorian Beast.

Silly. ;)

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom