• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea | 10/5/09 | RATINGS

Captain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Fabianski - 0. Singlehandedly lost us the game. Shows the worst decision making I've seen in an Arsenal keeper for a very long time.

Single handedly?

you sure?

alonso14

Established Member
Fabianski 5
Sagna 6
Toure 5
Silvestre 5
Gibbs 6
Walcott 6
Fabregas 6
Song 6
Diaby 4
Nasri 6
RvP 6

lagos

Established Member
I honestly don't think the outfield players were that bad, I actually thought we played well. For example I actually want to give Nasri a much higher score but it's hard when you lost...at home...by that much. Maybe I should instead deduct more marks from those who didn't take their chances and the keeper

Captain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
More or less. An absolute horrorshow.

Fabianski has nothing to do with Walcott letting Cole run past him like he isn't there, or Song failing to play his supposedly defensive role or Silvestre being a liability etc.

Honestly, that's too harsh. 1st and 2nd goals he had no chance.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He was directly at fault for the first three goals. He didn't even move for the first one because he completely misread it. The second one is even worse. The ball did spin to the left but not by much and the shot was taken four or five meters outside the box. It was bad goalkeeping at both chances. The third goal that ultimately killed the game was just shocking though. He didn't have a clue about anything that happened around him. It was pathetic.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
fabianski 2
sagna 4
toure 3
silvestre 3
gibbs 5
song 4
fabregas 3
nasri 4
diaby 1
walcott 4
rvp 5

adebacrap 2
bendtner 5
denilson 4

nobody deserves more than a 5 when you get thrashed 4-1 at home

progman07

Established Member
lagos said:
I honestly don't think the outfield players were that bad, I actually thought we played well. For example I actually want to give Nasri a much higher score but it's hard when you lost...at home...by that much. Maybe I should instead deduct more marks from those who didn't take their chances and the keeper
You are quite right, though we must not be too over-the-moon because Chelsea didn't defend well at all. They were not their usual selfs after the CL disappointment.

asajoseph

Established Member
Walcott - 4. Woeful finishing, absolutely abysmal. He really needs to improve on his ability to kick the ball with his laces. Shouldn't be a first team starter next season, needs to work to earn that.

His finishing was poor, but I have not seen a winger give Chelsea those kinds of problems all season.

And as for next season, buying a player to play in Walcott's position is down the bottom of the list of things Wenger has to figure out before September.

I'd go with lagos' rating.

Captain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
He was directly at fault for the first three goals. He didn't even move for the first one because he completely misread it. The second one is even worse. The ball did spin to the left but not by much and the shot was taken four or five meters outside the box. It was bad goalkeeping at both chances. The third goal that ultimately killed the game was just shocking though. He didn't have a clue about anything that happened around him. It was pathetic.

That's rubbish mate and you know it.

Nobody would have got near that header or that shot. Absolutely no keeper in the world.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Fabianski 5
Sagna 6
Touré 4
Silvestre 4
Gibbs 6
Theo 7
Cesc 4
Song 5
Diaby 1
Nasri 7
Robin 6

Bendtner 7
Denilson 5
Ade 5

3rd home defeat of the season.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I thought that the swerve on Anelka's shot was pure evil. And the header was far too powerful and well directed due to Alex having a free shot at it.

As someone who has, on occasion, defended Almunia, I can't and won't fault Fabianski for either of those two goals.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Captain said:
Nobody would have got near that header or that shot. Absolutely no keeper in the world.
Every keeper with a sense of direction would have at least moved for the header. A dozen or so of the ones in Premier League alone would have prevented it from ever deflecting off the bar. It was bad enough that Alex was left alone but Fabianski's goalkeeping was everything but reassuring.

Captain

Established Member
Funny that because I remember Alex dumping us out of the champions league with a similar header against Lehman. Niks header today was no better against Cech. Every keeper in our league at least would have failed to save that.

No point carrying on really but your witch hunt is extremely harsh on this occasion.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Captain said:
Funny that because I remember Alex dumping us out of the champions league with a similar header against Lehman.
Lehmann probably should've saved that shot too. We barely created a single chance in the PSV game (any of them) though. We created a lot of them today and I thought we had a good thing going until we conceded the second goal.

Captain said:
No point carrying on really but your witch hunt is extremely harsh on this occasion.
I don't think so. I've done a lot of defending this season for goalkeepers, Almunia in particular. I know it's a very isolated position where a single small mistake can cost you dearly. It doesn't excuse Fabianski from performing like **** though. He was plain horrible today.

Captain

Established Member
whether you think he was **** or not, he didn't single handedly cost us anything today. I'm sure that when you calm down and think about it you will agree.

Ciao.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Maybe. I'm gonna go through the goals again tomorrow when I've calmed down a bit. Regardless of what he did or didn't do on the first goal he should've saved the other two though. It will not change my opinion about his general performance.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Fabianski 4.5
Sagna 5
Toure 3
Silvestre 3
Gibbs 4.5
Song 5
Fabregas 6
Nasri 6
Walcott 3.5
Diaby 3
van Persie 6

Bendtner 6.5
Denilson 4
Adebayor 2

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Klaus Daimler said:
Captain said:
Every keeper with a sense of direction would have at least moved for the header. A dozen or so of the ones in Premier League alone would have prevented it from ever deflecting off the bar. It was bad enough that Alex was left alone but Fabianski's goalkeeping was everything but reassuring.
I don't think any keeper could even get near that, let alone save it

Biggus

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Fabianski - 0. Singlehandedly lost us the game. Shows the worst decision making I've seen in an Arsenal keeper for a very long time.

So Theo misses about 3/4 sitters and you blame the goalie?........I don't want to see you in any more threads about goalkeeping or pontificating about goalkeepers Klaus- unless you're asking me or another keeper a question. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom