• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea | 10/5/09 | RATINGS

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't understand what you're grasping at, Biggus. I didn't say "Well done for missing all those chances Theo!" did I? Fabianski was horrible. That doesn't make Walcott brilliant.

True Gooner

Established Member
That was Walcott's fault as much as anyone else's - and I assume you meant Ashley Cole!?

Jesus, does Walcott get a free ticket around here?

True Gooner

Established Member
Shouldn't you be asking how Cole was allowed to get at Sagna?

I'll post what goal.com said about him

Was an outstanding individual performer, defending well and always a force up front, supplying Arsenal's solitary goal with a good cross. Was up against it when Malouda and Cole doubled up against him, but that was more due to the lack of support from Walcott than anything else.

Maybe fantastic is an over statement but he was our best player imo.

ultradoc

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I don't understand what you're grasping at, Biggus. I didn't say "Well done for missing all those chances Theo!" did I? Fabianski was horrible. That doesn't make Walcott brilliant.

Nah, It just meant, Fabianski did not 'singlehandedly' lose us the match.

arsmile

Established Member
i'd only put significant balme on fabianski for the third toure own-goal- but i think that was the most significant goal of the match.his positioning was more naive than you'd see in sunday league.

I'm not sayign the he couldnt have doen any better for any of the others- but i wouldnt balme him for them. But he was compltely and utterly unconvincing throughout.

kamikaze80

Established Member
fabianski - 4 - all over the place

sagna - 5
toure - 6 - thought he played ok, actually
silvestre - 3 - this guy is a joke
gibbs - 7

walcott - 6 - final ball severely lacking, but looked dangerous
fabregas - 5
song - 5 - didnt do enough to shield the back four
nasri - 5 - horrible defensive shift cancels out his bright attacking performance
diaby - 2 - clueless as ever

van persie - 6

bendtner - 6 - if he were as quick as adebayor, i'd have no qualms selling the togolese
denilson - 4
adebayor - 5 - diver

who the **** is covering the space in front of the back four? how are we constantly outnumbered in defence? it's absurd, we give up the easiest goals.

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 2 not good enough, Wengers fault though
Sagna 4 poor, has been for 2 months. Needs to refind his for for next season
Touré 54 gave up after the second goal
Silvestre 6 underrated performance, Chelsea tried to isolate Gibbs in the first half and he did well helping him out
Gibbs 7 combined well with Tweety in defence and once again proved to be one of our best at delivering the ball in the box.
Walcott 7 finishing wasn't great but alot of those chances were pretty close and he was the only one there to try and take them. People calling them sitters are taking the piss.
Fabregas 4 quiet. Booking ****ed him.
Song 5 did ok but went missing at crucial moments
Diaby 0 if he got sent off in the first minute I think we'd do better
Nasri 7 did well, troubled the chelsea defence. Did the Cesc stuff better than Cesc too
RvP 5 too deep, again Wengers fault. The one great chance he got he made the bizarre decision to overplay it.

Bendtner 7 great goal. Should have been played in a more advanced role, the amount of times we were crossing the ball and he was still deep was really frustrating. Once again Wengers fault.
Ade 4 nearly forgot to add him, says it all

Wenger 0

Biggus

Established Member
ultradoc said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Nah, It just meant, Fabianski did not 'singlehandedly' lose us the match.

Thanks Doc, thats what I meant.

qs said:
RvP 5 too deep, again Wengers fault. The one great chance he got he made the bizarre decision to overplay it.

Bendtner 7 great goal. Should have been played in a more advanced role, the amount of times we were crossing the ball and he was still deep was really frustrating. Once again Wengers fault.
Ade 4 nearly forgot to add him, says it all

Wenger 0

4-5- RvP until the 60th minute, then Bendtner comes on to play in midfield when we're 3 down- Truly bewildering, I really don't have to criticise Wenger any more, nobody can do it better than the man himself. :wink:

jay-d

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Captain said:
Nobody would have got near that header or that shot. Absolutely no keeper in the world.
Every keeper with a sense of direction would have at least moved for the header. A dozen or so of the ones in Premier League alone would have prevented it from ever deflecting off the bar. It was bad enough that Alex was left alone but Fabianski's goalkeeping was everything but reassuring.

He had no chance for the 1st 2 and even sugesting otherwise renders everything else you say about him void.

qs

Established Member
Biggus said:
4-5- RvP until the 60th minute, then Bendtner comes on to play in midfield when we're 3 down- Truly bewildering, I really don't have to criticise Wenger any more, nobody can do it better than the man himself. :wink:

Honestly you know what I'm like and even I've lost faith in Wenger lately. Theres absolutely no excuse for the tactical jokes Wenger playing on us at the moment. That sort of **** would make Juande Ramos proud.

ultradoc

Established Member
qs said:
Biggus said:

Honestly you know what I'm like and even I've lost faith in Wenger lately. Theres absolutely no excuse for the tactical jokes Wenger playing on us at the moment. That sort of s**t would make Juande Ramos proud.

Add to that rumors of buying more strikers, like santa cruz and all...leaves you confused and bewildered really. :roll:

banduan

Established Member
He's explicitly said he's not buying strikers. Of course, he's just talking the talk again.

ratings:
Fabs 4 - naive, edgy and uncomposed, poor distribution
Sagna 5 - does not have that same spirit
Toure 5 - sometimes excellent, other times laughably poor
Tweety 4 - really a left-back- no focus
Gibbs 6 - once again too often caught out
Song 4 - completely demotivated, it seems. seriously listless
Nasri 6 - applaud his willingness, he gives all
Feo 6 - lively, full of ideas, zero composure
Cesc 4 - dour, demotivated and sometimes downright immature
Diaby 3 - ten seconds brilliant, billion seconds incredulous
RVP 6 - again, gives his all, we like

Bendy 8 - prodded, probed, charged from midfield, refreshing
Ade 6 - would have been 7, then dived
Denilson 7 - was motivated more than the others

kamikaze80

Established Member
klaus, the alex header was unsavable. i agree fabianski had a very bad match, but lets not go crazy. no one's saving a clear header from point blank range just under the bar near the top corner.

Biggus

Established Member
qs said:
Honestly you know what I'm like and even I've lost faith in Wenger lately. Theres absolutely no excuse for the tactical jokes Wenger playing on us at the moment. That sort of s**t would make Juande Ramos proud.

Heh heh "tactical jokes" nice one.

gstew

I really disagree with many of the ratings on here. These are player ratings and I thought most of the players did well individually. Only two players were really poor. The team result, on the other hand, was quite awful.

Fabianski - 3.5 The first goal was unstoppable whether he makes a dive for show or not. But the second was a great shot that still should have been stopped by any premiership keeper. And the third was his (and Theo's) fault.

Sagna - 5.5
Toure - 5.5
Silvestre - 5
Gibbs - 7.5

Walcott - 6 I was very encouraged by this performance (except for the third goal). He ran at people and quite often made a good decision. It is obvious that he is improving and is a far better player than he was a year ago. His finishing and crossing were poor, but they will be very good soon enough.
Cesc - 5 Most are judging him on a curve. He is not playing well, but we should judge him fairly.
Nasri - 6.5 Was beaten badly and then gave up for Anelka's goal. But played well for much of the rest of the game.
Song - 8 Dominated for most of the game. For those of you that can take another viewing of this game I suggest that you watch Song throughout. Criticisms of him are just way far off the mark. His defensive anticipation is awesome and he closed Chelsea players down all over the field.
Diaby - 2 His regression is continuing. Wenger is showing a hell of a lot more loyalty than is deserved.

RVP - 7 I thought that he did a very good job and played one of his better games. But he really should shoot more. he passed up too many chances.

Bendtner - 8 Played well.
Ade - 5 The player I grew to love no longer exists.
Denilson - 6.5

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Biggus said:

Exactly, hasn't he learned that Cesc is useless at the AM position, and that we should have defense drills in the training sessions, where the players learn to defend as a team? Also, Diaby at left wing? :lol: Who the **** does he think Diaby is, Arshavin?

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom