• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Fulham : 28/02/09 : 15:00

JGooner

Loudest, most sustained boos after a final whistle I have ever heard at either Highbury or the Emirates. Also the most vicious abuse whenever a player made a mistake. Against Roma, there was a brief pro-Wenger chant and I remember thinking that it was the first I had heard for ages and ages, whereas they used to happen several times per match. I've been saying for months that there is more pent-up anger among Arsenal fans that is being detected by outsiders, including the media.

It's actually remarkable that there isn't even more anger, considering they are paying the highest prices in world football and being consistently served up dogshit before having their intelligence insulted by a manager who thinks clowns like Denilson and Diaby compare well with Man U's golden generation.

qs

Established Member
JGooner said:
Loudest, most sustained boos after a final whistle I have ever heard at either Highbury or the Emirates. Also the most vicious abuse whenever a player made a mistake. Against Roma, there was a brief pro-Wenger chant and I remember thinking that it was the first I had heard for ages and ages, whereas they used to happen several times per match.

Theres only one Arsène Wenger is still being chanted at pretty much every match.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Fulham were excellent today. It has to be said that that's no excuse but they were. Zamora held the ball up well, their midfield kept it better than ours and Hangelaand was a beast at the back. So when we're playing teams like that and confidence is down the team needs to take it's chances. We didn't and we lost. Let's quickly get over it, beat West Brom on tuesday and wait for Villa to drop more points.

On the performances, no-one was particularly poor. Denilson and Diaby struggled to dominate the game again and seemed to be running on empty come the end of the match while Van Persie and Arshavin had their moments, Nasri and Vela struggled against a solid defence and our defence was for the most part fine (Gallas was excellent again). Also, good marks for Bendtner and Eboue who made good impacts when coming on.

Have to say too that the supporters really need to be getting behind the team more. When Vela made a mistake in the first half people were shouting and screaming at him and others got similar treatment throughout the game. It was why confidence was clearly low despite this being the game after a great European win - the team don't like playing at home anymore. They need our support at this time, not more boos.

JGooner

qs said:
JGooner said:
Loudest, most sustained boos after a final whistle I have ever heard at either Highbury or the Emirates. Also the most vicious abuse whenever a player made a mistake. Against Roma, there was a brief pro-Wenger chant and I remember thinking that it was the first I had heard for ages and ages, whereas they used to happen several times per match.

Theres only one Arsène Wenger is still being chanted at pretty much every match.

That's just flat-out wrong. Where do you sit?

Muharraqawi

So now Wenger has two choices.

He either drops Sagna and puts Eboue on as a right back because offensively he's much better or he can work with Sagna on his crossing and passing in advanced positions because I have really had enough with the number of failed crosses he makes every match.

ibby

Established Member
I was thinking this during the game, why the **** does Wenger allow these players to cross? It's just a waste of an attack!

ibby

Established Member
From our full backs? Oh and have you got evidence for that or are you going on sheer memory?

ThaSaltCracka

what an embarrassment of a game. I wish I could say we had an off day and were outplayed by a lesser team, except this has already happened multiple times this year. Our central midfield is arguably one of the worst in the league. Wenger's team completely deserves its UEFA Cup spot next year.

ThaSaltCracka

we have completely lost our style of play. No longer are we passing quickly on the ground. Too many mini crosses, if you like, and its just pitiful to watch. None of our players, other than RVP or Arshavin look ready to shoot when they get the ball. Our midfield is just lethargic. I was absolutely embarrassed watching us the last 15 minutes, listening to the broadcaster comment on how weak we were. I mean Fulham out Arsenal'ed us! Quick passes, possession, movement. I can see why they are top half of the table.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arshavin will explode when Walcott and Eduardo return. Finally he will have an outlet for his creative play.

baccy_man

Established Member
it will be too late then our season is near enough finished now and we can't keep saying that other teams are going to drop points and we will get back in the top 4

progman07

Established Member
The most ridiculous thing is that Wenger is the big fan of beautiful football, short-passing with loads of movement, nice goals, etc. and yet we play four consecutive 0-0s, also we couldn't score from open play against the defensive Roma at home, who Man Utd beat 7-1 easily two years ago.

hackajack

Established Member
progman07 said:
The most ridiculous thing is that Wenger is the big fan of beautiful football, short-passing with loads of movement, nice goals, etc. and yet we play four consecutive 0-0s, also we couldn't score from open play against the defensive Roma at home, who Man Utd beat 7-1 easily two years ago.
We beat Manu 2-1 so we should have beaten Roma 9-2.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom