• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool - Saturday April 5, 12.45pm EPL

Juicy

I very much doubt Bendtner will be playing up front alone. Either he will play with Ade (if he isn't injured) or Walcott. It could be **** to play Bendtner alone up front, because he just doesn't have the pace (unless we start hoofing it from the centre backs ala Bolton)
If Ade and Robin are out:
Almunia
Toure Senderos Gallas Clichy
Eboue Denilson/Fabregas Flamini/Denilson Hleb
Bendtner Walcott

I couldn't decide on central midfield but it will surely be two of Flamini, Cesc, and Denilson.

If Ade is back:
Almunia
Toure Gallas Senderos Clichy
Walcott two of the three Hleb
Ade Bendtner

If Wenger picked Eboue at right midfield over Walcott it would be seriously harsh on Walcott.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Almunia
Toure Gallas Senderos Clichy
Eboue Denilson Flamini Hleb
Adebayor Walcott

Subs: Lehmann, Hoyte, Gilberto, Fabregas, Bendtner

Alfonso

Established Member
Was Denilson even on the bench last night? If not I doubt he will feature on Sat either. I havent heard, seen, or been aware of his name for the past month. Same with Song and Djoruou. Where the hell have they all gone? Injured, AWOL..What? :lol: Its one thing for our key players to get injured, and another for our backup players to completely vanish. Basically our squad is down to 16 and we are still just about competing for the league and the CL! You couldnt make it up..

Rohit

Established Member
So wish we would be in a position to rest, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb and Adebayor. They all look hammered. Win or not, psychological boost and edge or not, we'll seriously put our chances of going through at Anfield in jeopardy.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Rohit said:
So wish we would be in a position to rest, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb and Adebayor. They all look hammered.

:lol:

They've been on a constant piss up celebrating the fact that we won the league in March.

Illusion

Established Member
Rohit said:
So wish we would be in a position to rest, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb and Adebayor. They all look hammered. Win or not, psychological boost and edge or not, we'll seriously put our chances of going through at Anfield in jeopardy.

The magnitude of last nights result will be visible to all in a week or so.

Our players are knackered and they can't be replaced. Liverpool have a massive edge as they can rest some players and still have a good chance at getting a result. Not to mention the fact that the harder they make us work on the weekend the less we will be able to do in the CL 2nd leg where they will have an even bigger edge over us.

We 100% completely lost one trophy last night and have a very high chance of losing the other within a week.

If I was Rafa Benitez right now I would be laughing at how good the result was for them last night. They are in a ridiculously good position for both games and he knows that if he can make things difficult for us on the weekend we have even less chance of being a threat in the CL game.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Illusion said:
We 100% completely lost one trophy last night and have a very high chance of losing the other within a week.
Eh? Am I missing rule-change of some sort? At least give it 95% or something.

dutchMasta

Other than the obvious, I'm also begging for some good weather. When will it ****ing stop raining? Hleb, Ade, etc. slip, and we aren't way as fluid.

tam1886

Established Member
I don't have a clue who is going to play. I bet Wenger and Benitez are in the middle of one of the toughest games decision wise that they may have to face in their whole career. This game is so important for both teams, and for each competition. I don't like saying that everything rests on one game, but I think this may the closest I have been to saying it.

Have a look at this to cheer you up

Feanor

Established Member
Win or just go home. It's really that simple. Our squad is seriously depleted, in american sports they keep track of man games lost of injuries, I would be curious to compare the top clubs in the EPL the last couple of seasons. I mean, it's not like we have NO depth, it just seems we always seem to lose players in the same areas. We have 3 awesome forwards in RvP, Adebayor and Eduardo but when was the last time all three were fit at the same time? Maybe right at the beginning of the season but I'm not because I think Edu was hurt at the beginning. No luck I tell you. At the end of the season when you need your squad, all the other teams got healthy while we just kept losing players to injuries. Wenger needs to hire a Martial Arts Guru and get all the players to toughen up this off season.

nazo

Established Member
Heh i'm glad everyone likes my paint skills ;)

Like i said in the first post, Theo has to start and Bendtner will most likely start too. We could possibly see Song back in the team too and Clichy looked really tired at the end of last game.

Liverpool will be resting some players, we should take advantage of that.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Wenger wont be resting anyone for this game, as long as were still in the tittle race.

We have to play our game, its what works best for us.

If we play like we did yesterdays second half then we have a very good chance of winning.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Wenger will put a weaker side, but I am sure Rafa will field a side minus two or even three his best available XI. Hyppia might not play at all this weekend. Their defenders looked knackered on Wednesday night.

The thing that worries me is the team's defense, especially the RB position. Toure was dumbfound in the last two games in that position. As much as I dislike Eboue, I am seriously between the two minds on whether to see Eboue being slotted in there.

I would rest Ade if I were Wenger. The team will need a super fit Ade in Andfield. Playing Bendtner and Theo upfront would not be too bad, considering they will face a weaker Liverpool defense minus Mascherano. Again, although Eboue being much to my dislike, this game in Emirates is the only game his presence can be indulged.

BTW, why no sight of Traore, Song, and Denilson? Don't tell me their confidence were too shattered after the cup games to face Liverpool. :x

Biggus

Established Member
Forget about resting and rotation. Gengis Khan and the Mongols didn't build an empire by resting and rotation......they just smashed all who opposed them.

whoztheman

Biggus said:
Forget about resting and rotation. Gengis Khan and the Mongols didn't build an empire by resting and rotation......they just smashed all who opposed them.

ya it would be nice if arsenal would rape a lot of liverpool players.

Not literally of course

Anzac

Established Member
hey this kicks off before midnight so I'm going to try to watch it - f*ck the jinx - doesn't really matter now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom