• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool - Saturday April 5, 12.45pm EPL

Gurgen

Established Member
We're not in the rebuilding phase at all. We've challenged for the title this season, just won't win it probably.

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
We're not in the rebuilding phase at all. We've challenged for the title this season, just won't win it probably.

And a year earlier than we expected too. This sin't a team in transition any more, theres a great base of players there now, all we needs a bit of strengthening and a bit of luck and we'll win the league again.

JazzG

Established Member
Exactly, this season was all about closing the gap and next season was about pushing for the title, maybe we have over achieved or maybe we have progressed a lot quicker than expected?

It would of been a miracle to go from 20 points behind in two seasons in a row to winning it.

qs

Established Member
Theres a few positions need signings and theres a few players who need to step it up but I see no reason we can't challenge for the title again next year.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think that's exactly it.

We obviously don't need miracles to win the league next season. Last year, we saw what Utd did and lots of people guffawed when it was suggested that we'd even finish above Sp**s, but this year we know that our platform is so much higher.

There's plenty for Arsène to do: making a few smart signings, making sure the likes of Diaby, Denilson, Walcott, even Cesc come on as they should, perhaps make a few new tactical plans for the new year, and definitely have a long talk with the medical team. But it doesn't seem nearly so far from our grasp now.

Which is why the pressure is there - there aren't any excuses left for failure. We CAN do it.

alonso14

Established Member
hello

only back from London this am as I visited freinds over the weekend

I thought we played well with the team we had out, especially Plessis who was excellent on his debut.

Carra and Skrtel were excellent as was Crouch.

Thought Arsenal looked out of it with twenty left, esp Fabregas.

Had a good laugh after in a pub called the Crompton......bit if a sing song and a laugh with the locals

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom