• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool - Saturday April 5, 12.45pm EPL

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
i expected a draw from one of these two games at home. Right now we are just not clicking well..but i beieve we can pull it off on tuesday.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Christmas was 3 months ago, Ebeneezer.... ;-)
I haven't been a fan of the football this season at all.
Same here.

Bar a few games we haven't played good football this season.

Though were still one of the teams that has best played football this season.

We played better football last season imo, in terms of passing, creating chances, movement etc. We lacked definition in front of goal though.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
true gooner said:
Rohit said:
We'll win nothing till we don't learn to win 1-0.

The difference in Liverpool defence and the Arsenal defence was painful to watch (except at set plays though ;) )

We all have such short memories..not too long ago..we were sittign on top of the league with a cushion that was based on some very few ugly 1-0 wins. I think our defence is what actually has suffered the most. We were very solid during a long stretch.even when our mid/attack was not clicking. But now we are at a point were our defence really has not been sharp and confidence is low.

What i know is i 7 months is a longer stretch then 6 weeks. A team that can consistently produce in 7 months could not have done that by luck therefore they can not really have as many problems as those outlined by our A-M fans.

We underestimate the impact of low confidence on a team

Biggus

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
LeTallec said:
chelsea will hammer fener by 4 or 5 goals
Fine. And then? I just don't agree with the multiple leaps forward that if we beat 'Pool, then it's all in vain since Chelsea will hammer us anyway.

It's hilarious isn't it Anthony? with all the foregone conclusion there is around here it's a wonder there's any bookies left in business.
Have UEFA been told yet? I think that c**t who reffed the game on Wednesday night was in the know too, he was actually sparing our feelings and didn't want to give us false hope, as he knew the Trophy was already awarded to Man Utd.
Well I want to jump on the bandwagon too.

On behalf of Arsenal- Mania I would like to extend my congratulations to-

MANCHESTER UNITED! Champions of Europe 2008

So if you'll excuse me,I'm just off to lock up the Champions league thread now, and we can all amuse ourselves in whatever foul depraved manner we choose until next season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
i know what you mean, we're ineffectual on the counterattack due to having no one on the wings who can finish. our build up is too slow. we look fantastic in midfield but lack cutting edge in the final third. we miss the end product of henry, bergkamp, pires, even kanu. i know you'll disagree with this, but ade's been the only one to produce any sort of magic in the final third. the turn and shot against Sp**s, the chest and shot against newcastle.

our dominance now is based upon work rate and possession. i dont think its a surprise that we've had trouble scoring goals down the stretch, as our advantage in stamina has evaporated. young legs will only get you so far - our competitors are better rested.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Same here.

We played better football last season imo, in terms of passing, creating chances, movement etc. We lacked definition in front of goal though.

I personally think that's revisionist bollocks.

I went to about 10 home matches last season, and the only ones that were truly enjoyable were the Sp**s ones.

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Same here.

I went to about 10 home matches last season, and the only ones that were truly enjoyable were the Sp**s ones.
sadly there's not been a truly great season for a wee while. but it all comes down to what people enjoy. i'm not into 'pass-merchantry'. i practically come in my pants two seasons ago but now? pftttttt?

thegame24

Established Member
YOU KNOW WHAT

that was a ****ing penalty.

how many times are we going to not get decisions???

5 decisions in 7 games WTF!!!

seriosly its a damn joke, ot only do we get injuries and have no wingers, we cant even get the decsions ever.

short fat bastard refs

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People say these things even themselves out but we weren't THAT fortunate earlier in the season.

thegame24

Established Member
bullshit, only wankers say that.

I really hate when people say that.

Big decision dont even out, thats why they are called BIG decisions.

such ignorant remarks, its the only thing i ever agreed with mourinho on when he said united get penalties and that he could make a tape of all the **** decisions.

Chelsea get just as many but you know what i mean.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
and I blame the lack of rightful peno decisions on the antic-rich Eboue

yes, I am going overboard on him :eek:ops:

JazzG

Established Member
Really disappointing to draw the match but I think we need to look at our current fixture list as well. We have two quick games up north against Liverpool and Man Utd and we simply could not afford to play the same team in all four matches, we needed to change things about and that is where our poor squad has let us down.

Thought we had a really poor 1st half but better in the 2nd half, didn't deserve more than a draw

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Same here.

sadly there's not been a truly great season for a wee while. but it all comes down to what people enjoy. i'm not into 'pass-merchantry'. i practically come in my pants two seasons ago but now? pftttttt?

I think i know what you're getting at. It surprises me how few arsenal fans recognize the difference in entertainment value between this side and the one of a few seasons ago. This team seems to have been brainwashed into thinking that every single player has to be involved in every single move. They are intent on passing the opposition to death. They over complicate every game, every move, and every single attack.

A few seasons ago, we had such a ridiculously wide variety of world class options when it came to attacking moves. Henry's blistering pace, power, athleticism, goals. Bergkamp's sheer class, vision, and intelligence. Pires's touch, clinical finishing, and brilliant positioning. Ljungberg's runs, work rate and bravery.

3 years on, a lot of our players are so similar, and all we do is pass the ball round and round, or give it to fabregas who hoofs it forward to adebayor. It seems all our players always have the same ideas and we thus become so painfully predictable and so limited. Obviously earlier on in the season we were winning games comforably but IMO we still were a shadow of the side of a few seasons ago entertainment wise. Our game for the last 2 years has become built on posession and extreme patience in breaking teams down. Like you said, it is also so reliant on the team as a whole performing on the day. In my opinion, we no longer have blistering pace, consistenly dangerous counter attacks, or genuine world class individuals. And i think those 3 aspects were pivotal in providing the entertainment value in the henry/pires/paddy/bergkamp days.

Before anyone asks, yes, i did just finish watching an Invincibles DVD.

Anzac

Established Member
I recall a comment supposedly from AW that he was looking to build a team performance as opposed to the one man team type situation with TH - perhaps we've gone too much the other way.

IMO it's not as if we lack creativity with Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky & RVP, but it's all very similar in intent - the game plan as such. We don't seem to have a player who is capable of the individual flair that is prepared to go beyond the Plan A / Plan B.

No one seems to have any freedom beyond the game plan to be able to express themselves - if you know what I mean.

thegame24

Established Member
we do need a spark, ribery, kaka etc, the spark ronaldo is for united, what henry was.

Its helps scare weaker teams and takes the focus away from the amazing hleb and fabs

DC Gunner

Established Member
I said in the beginning of the season that we would not be able to win the title if we concede more than 22-26 goals.

I personally think that if we were to use the full backs as often as we do, then we would need a D-CM to sit back.

I personally think that our problem is lack of speed and lack of effective defensive play from the midfielders, while Flamini tries hard and admirably, I think he goes forward more often than sitting back, in fact it always seems that we he has a larger focus on staying forward.

We need midfielders who have theo's speed and cesc's creativity, or better yet, we need 2 wingers who have theo's speed.

I think Adebayor's problems started because of what happened to Eduardo, I also think that unless he manages to become as *****y as Writghty was with defenders, he is bound to stay @ this same level.

We don't have wingers ,so let's not play a game that requires ones, and let the full backs provide the width, let us get a A viera type playerto sit behind cesc and hleb and let theo run in front of them with 2 in form strikers in a 4-4-2 with diamond midfield.

Maybe move Toure to D-CM :eek:ops:

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom