• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool - Saturday April 5, 12.45pm EPL

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No chance Wenger regularly play Toure in DM, unless his plan for the next season is 451 or even 352.

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Anzac said:
Or use Touré as DM with Cesc & Flams in a 4-3-3............
Anzac and a 4-3-3? That rings a bell somehow.... :whistling

:lol:

must mean I'm as predictable as our play at the moment........... :wink:

reality is I'm clutching at straws and trying to cover all the possible options. Both in terms of a shape that will allow us to play to our strengths & weaknesses re our lack of genuine wide mids, and so far as player position options goes, and trying to improve our attack.

Bottom line it means I have no f*cking idea what AW is trying to achieve or what decisions he is likely to make........... :(

Anzac

Established Member
tactica442 said:
No chance Wenger regularly play Touré in DM, unless his plan for the next season is 451 or even 352.

I say a BIG f*ck that to both of those - but who the hell knows what he's likely to do!!!!!

Biggus

Established Member
JazzG said:
Really disappointing to draw the match but I think we need to look at our current fixture list as well. We have two quick games up north against Liverpool and Man Utd and we simply could not afford to play the same team in all four matches, we needed to change things about and that is where our poor squad has let us down.

Shouldn't it be on a case by case basis Jazz. I personally think that rotation and chopping and changing unnecessarily does more harm than good.

ibby

Established Member
Yesterday's game was so depressing. This season as a whole is so depressing. Now the odds are that we finish without silverware AGAIN. So that makes it, 4th, 4th and 3rd consecutively under the greatest manager ever to step foot on a pitch. Well done Wenger.

Fabregas really worries me, not a good league game since November, but it's ok, he is "tired".

Biggus

Established Member
Ibby, The kid is 20. At that age you may be faster but you don't have the stamina of a full grown man. He can't live up to the standard he's set for himself for so many games a season.

ibby

Established Member
Biggus said:
Ibby, The kid is 20. At that age you may be faster but you don't have the stamina of a full grown man. He can't live up to the standard he's set for himself for so many games a season.

Oh I agree, he maybe tired now, but his form has been poor since the turn of the year.

_scorpion_

Established Member
asajoseph said:
mindchnger said:
I think we can get a goal at Anfield though I think it may take us the bulk of the game to do so, but our defense has let in the most goal of the top 4 and I can see Liverpool getting a goal as well. Could make for an extremely nervy game.

As for the PL, the most we can hope to do at this point is try to get 2nd, so we don't have to play the 2 games in the qualifying round at the start of the season.
It seems like a long time since we've scored a good goal from open play.

We've seen a lot of flapping and disorganisation in the Liverpool defence recently, and I firmly believe that Reina is extremely suspect. Our best chance is from a set-piece - I'd get Arsène practicing them, first thing tomorrow morning.

I mentioned this in the CL thread - we don't seem to have a lot of goals left in us this year. I see us scoring a goal against Liverpool - only after they put 2 on us and finish us with a third late in the match.

Lets face it, this year we are still not better than Chelsea or Man utd, but were better than we were last year and that will count for nothing in history books - but hopefully something when Arsène looks at his squad for 2009.

Gurgen

Established Member
ibby said:
Yesterday's game was so depressing. This season as a whole is so depressing. Now the odds are that we finish without silverware AGAIN. So that makes it, 4th, 4th and 3rd consecutively under the greatest manager ever to step foot on a pitch. Well done Wenger.

You can do better of course.

No doubt you could have taken this club from mid table mediocrity to title challengers in a few years, then you'd succeed in building a 350m stadium, and you'd have won the league 3 years in a row while rebuilding the team with a fraction of the budget the other big clubs have.

I wonder, who hired this hack Wenger?

We'll finish without silverware again, boo ****in hoo hoo.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Gurgen said:
ibby said:

No doubt you could have taken this club from mid table mediocrity to title challengers in a few years, then you'd succeed in building a 350m stadium, and you'd have won the league 3 years in a row while rebuilding the team with a fraction of the budget the other big clubs have.

Yes don't forget it is not about winning trophies but how much money we save...... :roll:

Alfonso

Established Member
Gurgen said:
We'll finish without silverware again, boo f*n hoo hoo.

But how many times without winning silverware is acceptable. Where do you draw the line? If we dont win anything next year would you say 'oh well' as well.

Gurgen

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:

But how many times without winning silverware is acceptable. Where do you draw the line? If we dont win anything next year would you say 'oh well' as well.

That is for the board to decide.

Managing a football club is an extremely complicated task, and there are decisions made that you cannot possibly question because you have no way of knowing what factors are involved.

Of course there is a line, but in our case it hasn't been crossed, not by a long shot. Remember where we were before Wenger came here. Don't be the rapper who only drinks Cristal when he was sipping toilet water 5 years ago.

AliBabaBrewer

Gurgen said:

Wenger's created the world's best team of also-rans.

asajoseph

Established Member
That's very harsh, and shows a very short memory.

But nobody, no matter what their history, should be keeping their job based upon what they've done in the past. Arsène needs to prove is that his strategy, and his philosophy will work for the future as well - this season we've seen a massive hint that it will, but it's only a hint.

Endris

asajoseph said:
That's very harsh, and shows a very short memory.

But nobody, no matter what their history, should be keeping their job based upon what they've done in the past.

After all that is what Wenger himself names as one of his philosophies. :D

qs

Established Member
If United lose to Boro (currently 2-1 to Boro) then 2 points dropped yesterday is going to look very costly.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
the 2 points could have bloody brought us back to title race.

but then qs, think about it this way. it was one point gain, and if we can win at OT, and Chelsea win at SB, its all very open

ibby

Established Member
Gurgen said:
ibby said:

I see we are still in the "rebuilding" phase.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom