• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Newcastle - Tuesday January 29, 7.45pm

Anzac

Established Member
Managed to watch the game as I'm home from work today.

Good solid team performance to come away with the points. We controlled the match more or less throughout & never really seemed in any danger of conceeding a goal until after we were 3-0 up.

Flamini MOTM even before he scored for me.

Was also impressed by Senderos (but would like to see him stay on his feet). Diaby improved his efforts in cover defence & general play - didn't dwell too much on the ball or try to run through their defence. Even Ade's general play was better than the last time I saw him v Portsmouth.

Only criticism of the performance would be that I'd like to see both strikers with more shots at goal around & inside the box.

KingReyes

Established Member
**** me. Flamini was on drugs tonight. The bloke was everywhere, setting up Adebayor, making last ditch tackles to stop goalscoring opportunities and scoring a screamer of a goal.

We looked in control in the first half but it took Flamini to get us going by setting up Ade and from there on it was all us.

Christofaux

Diaby played quite well, took shots when the shots were avaliable. they were hit with conviction too, not too wayward. Definately playing his way to form i think. Maybe he doesnt want a headbutt from Adebayor.

I'm usually the first to defend Senderos and his ground tackling tonight was fantastic however he still had one or two highly botched clearances and a missed header, other then that great performance.

Flim Flam was immense as always this season. Stunning goal.

Fabregas played the link in the middle well. At first i thought he was pretty unnoticeable but thats becaue the ball passes via him so quickly.

Hleb was contained but still managed well.

Arsenal in general was great.

Gurgen

Established Member
Good performances all round, Flamini the best man on the pitch, and what a goal. They call him Gattuso but that guy could never have scored it.

KingReyes

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Good performances all round, Flamini the best man on the pitch, and what a goal. They call him Gattuso but that guy could never have scored it.

Can't wait to see the 'clash of the titans'.

Flamini vs Gattuso

Christofaux

KingReyes said:
Gurgen said:

Can't wait to see the 'clash of the titans'.

Flamini vs Gattuso

a bit like how Fabregas came up against Vieira two seasons ago?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So if Flamini has been reported saying he wants to be with Arsenal, why the fook havnt we given him a contract. If its money then we are seriously ****ing tight...

qs

Established Member
Jasard said:
So if Flamini has been reported saying he wants to be with Arsenal, why the fook havnt we given him a contract. If its money then we are seriously f****g tight...

Its never that simple, theres always little details. I'm happy enough as he's said he wants to stay and Wenger will want to keep him.

nidza7

Established Member
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger:
"Emmanuel Adebayor has many assets for a striker - he is mobile, he is tall and has quick feet.

"He can score with his feet, in the air, on crosses with headers. He is a generous type of player, he works for the team. "He is striker who you dream to have."

#
Manchester City manager Kevin Keegan:
"If we got points for being genuine, we would have got something - we gave it everything but just didn't have enough quality at times.

"Arsenal have the confidence that we lack at the moment, but there were things to take from the game.

"We will create more in time with the players we have but it's not happening at the moment.

"Some of these players aren't used to getting beaten. We have guys who are used to winning things and they need picking up. We have to get a win from somewhere and hopefully it will be against Middlesbrough on Sunday."

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Senderos, Clichy, Diaby

from bbc

:bash

scruzgooner

nidza7 said:
Manchester City manager Kevin Keegan:
"If we got points for being genuine, we would have got something - we gave it everything but just didn't have enough quality at times.
:bash
points for being geunine? yeah, genuine ****e. i felt, until the last 5 minutes (maaaybe) arsenal was playing a pub club.

kev, you've got a long way to go...any bets on who will have the longer time tyneside, him or fat sam?

gunnerGH

Established Member
has this been taken?? said:
s**t, Bertie's coming on

That was a bit harsh.

If you want to protect a lead I couldnt think of a better player to do such a job. Unnecessary criticsm tbh

Christofaux

gunnerGH said:
has this been taken?? said:
s**t, Bertie's coming on

That was a bit harsh.

If you want to protect a lead I couldnt think of a better player to do such a job. Unnecessary criticsm tbh

Maybe this time last year. But this year its not unnecessary at all.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Good game. I love it, absolutely love it that we've beaten them. :lol:
First win over them in the league for about 2 and a half years innit? Opening game in 05-06 was the last I believe.
They must be sick of the sight of our stadium by now! Knocked out of both cups and now a 3-0 drubbing in the league.
Great performance from Flamini and what a goal! Who would have thought he could score a goal like that? Thierry who? :lol:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Its "Pele-Gattuso" now lol.

Roscoi

Who needs Robin and his spontaneous goals when Flamini can crack them in, sumptuous performance from the not so invisible wall and hopefully the guy will be penning his new deal soon. Honourable mentions to Ade/Clichy who seem to be in top form of at the moment. Shame Allardyce isn't around or that victory would of been so much sweeter.

Only downer was Cesc still not at his influential best with the champions league ties edging ever nearer and the obligatory slow first half but I guess thats a trait of this new generation team (c'mon just rip into a team from the off just for old time sake!). Cant complain though and a tough trip to eastlands awaits.

Original_AAA

As I can't help myself when we win, I took a look at a Newcastle forum in search of good quotes. Here are some:

didnt know entertainers liked to park the bus in front of the goal

I don't think parking an ACTUAL bus in front of the net would help!

So we're done with Arsenal right? Please say yes.

I didnt expect anything more - we knew before tonight that we were not going to beat Arsenal at the level of football they have been playing this season. We just are not capeable of reaching and maintaining that standard.

I thought we played well for a team with no confidence, away from home and against one of the top 5 teams in Europe.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom