• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham - Tuesday January 1, 3pm

JazzG

Established Member
Good result yesterday, great finish by Eduardo and a bit of a lucky goal from Adebayor. First half we weren't that solid but 2nd half just bossed the game.

Not an easy team to play West Ham and they had plenty of injury problems but I think we did a good professional job on them.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
OK, since the site crashed it's all a bit belated but I will relate a liitle bit of the game to those that didn't see it. (I saw it via a dodgy Serbian online feed).

Great Eduardo scored ...

Great Ade scored ...

WHU look knackered chasing our kids around ...

Dean Ashton looks like he ate MY lunch ...

2-0 clean sheet. Woo hoo.

Hope that helped.

JazzG

Established Member
Good result yesterday, great finish by Eduardo and a bit of a lucky goal from Adebayor. First half we weren't that solid but 2nd half just bossed the game.

Not an easy team to play West Ham and they had plenty of injury problems but I think we did a good professional job on them.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
its 442 mates, and we won 2-0. pity though the forum was down yesterday.

quite happy to see us cruising after the 2 goals, although we could have scored more if we wanted. like wenger said, we didn't push for more.

a good game for every players in arsenal, and eduardo is as clinical as ever. how the hell did ade got his 2nd though? seems impossible

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
We didn't play very well in the first half and perhaps West Ham deserved to get the equalizer but in the second half we played well, looked more like our selfs and did a good job.Overall I feel it was a good performance, nothing special though.

KingReyes

Established Member
Got off to a great start thanks to a great strike. We looked shaky defending set pieced but thankfully Ade scored to make it 2-0 and take the pressure off.

I thought both teams looked absolutely knackered in the second half. The number of games in the Christmas period took its toll and we did well to keep a clean sheet.

Thought Cesc looked good and is coming back to form after his injury. Eduardo lookingthe business in front of goal and Clichy once again outstanding.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hm I thought we dominated the second half, so much that Gallas and Toure run up top a few times for a go because they were so bored.

How did Adebayors goal go in! Crazy bit of spin on the ball.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Loved the West Ham chant of "We hate Tottenham more than you"

Strange game yesterday. All over by 20 minutes, it was the most relaxed I've felt at our new(is) home.

I even gave Freddie and Eboue a bit of a clap when they went off.

Great goals by the front two- if Eddy carries on like this, you can forget about Bendtner. And RvP.

Great to see the huddle at the end too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i unfortunately didnt get to see the first half since the stream i was trying to use died... from what i was reading in the text commentary, we started well, scored 2 goals, and then allowed them to put pressure on us...

my stream came back alive in the second half, and we looked like we were utterly dominating them in the second half.. like we knew we had the game won, and they were chasing us all over the pitch, and we were just passing it around with even a few decent chances here and there..

Eduardo's goal was class (nice pass from Cesc) and Ade's was ridiculous.. i have NO idea how that went in.... but the streak continues of us not losing when Ade scores...

Cesc looked much better in this game than his previous couple, and not so petulant either... overall, i thought the team played well in the second half.. wish i could have seen the first to compare...

dutchMasta

Good game, though definitely had some scary moments. West Ham did dominate us for a while, but 2nd half was all us (partly coz of their tired legs).

Better game from Cesc, and good to see Eboue adapting well, Rosicky continuing his good form, Ade racking up his goal tally, as with Edu and Hleb also showing some good signs (but then again, even on his "bad" form, he still skinned players with ease).

Can't wait for the next game.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Oh, and no sooner had I said to Jo, "I know we're comfortable, but we're missing Hleb", then who popped up stripped and ready for action?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Very looke like easy game we had against West Ham.

What a nice finish from Eduardo and Adebayor i dont know how Ade keeps it into the back of the net but it was a very well taken finish!

Cesc second half was the old Cesc but guys c,mone still 20 years old and there is coming alot from him in the upcoming years!

Also very happy with Rosicky,s peformance he is our first LM. no doubt about that one.

After all a very comfortable win and we never looked in trouble.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought Theo looked lively yesterday. Added some new skills to his dribbling repertoire I see.

Rocafella

Established Member
was always confident going into this game. controlled it from the start with a few nervy moments from set pieces. at least we aren't as bad as tottenham. they've conceded 19 goals from set-pieces. the second worst team is 12! shows you just how poor they are.

air

RocktheCasbah said:
Strange game yesterday. All over by 20 minutes, it was the most relaxed I've felt at our new(is) home.

How about Porto last season, we had that one in control easily. This one was over even earlier though, definitely the flattest game this season, I didn't even have to shout swear words at the TV.

I haven't seen a thread saying the forum was down so I guess the amount of pages tells a lot about this game.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom