• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham - Tuesday January 1, 3pm

mindchnger

Site was down all day yesterday as I tried to sign on and kept getting error messages.

This was a better passing game than our recent matches. Cesc seemed to turn on in the 2nd half particularly, so I'm hoping that means the poor run of form he's had since being injured is now over and done with. Two great goals from Eduardo and Ade, the latter of which so unbelievably went in that they even had it at #2 on the ESPN top plays of the day. Not bad considering this is an American sports highlight reel!

True Gooner

Established Member
Rocafella said:
was always confident going into this game. controlled it from the start with a few nervy moments from set pieces. at least we aren't as bad as tottenham. they've conceded 19 goals from set-pieces. the second worst team is 12! shows you just how poor they are.

Heres another stat - Tottenumb have let in 18 goals from long range in 2007..:lol:

And we have hit the post the maximum times in 2007 - 15 times

giuliob

air said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Strange game yesterday. All over by 20 minutes, it was the most relaxed I've felt at our new(is) home.

How about Porto last season, we had that one in control easily. This one was over even earlier though, definitely the flattest game this season, I didn't even have to shout swear words at the TV.

I haven't seen a thread saying the forum was down so I guess the amount of pages tells a lot about this game.
I couldn't into the forum for most of yesterday....I wonder if everyone was affected?

giuliob

I couldn't get into the Forum from 1pm on New Year's Day until this morning....Part of the server must have crashed....

number_0

Established Member
too bad the forum was down, could have used a little of your guys knee-jerking and drama :wink:

too be fair the defence was all over the place for eduardos goal, but i wont complain, a goal is a goal.
and what a stunning goal by ade, bit lucky i say, but great game from our front 2.

thank god to kaunote for knocking togo out of the ACN

RC8

Established Member
air said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Strange game yesterday. All over by 20 minutes, it was the most relaxed I've felt at our new(is) home.

How about Porto last season, we had that one in control easily. This one was over even earlier though, definitely the flattest game this season, I didn't even have to shout swear words at the TV.

I haven't seen a thread saying the forum was down so I guess the amount of pages tells a lot about this game.

The Forum was down for 24 hours.

Flat game though. Both goals were outstanding, West Ham were dangerous during the end of the 1st half, and we completely dominated them in the 2nd half. To be honest we were unlucky not to come away with a couple more goals.

Another positive is that Manchester United were awful against Birmingham, so the West Ham didn't "give 'em a kick up the arse" as some people here had it would suggested.

IBL

Established Member
Comfortable game in the end. We played well, scored two quick goals and after a brief attacking spell West Ham settled for the result as much as we did. Eduardo continues to impress as did Ade, everyone else were solid enough.

beepos

RocktheCasbah said:
Loved the West Ham chant of "We hate Tottenham more than you"

I even gave Freddie and Eboue a bit of a clap when they went off.

Great goals by the front two- if Eddy carries on like this, you can forget about Bendtner. And RvP.

Great to see the huddle at the end too.

Gotta disagree with the Hammers.

nazo

Established Member
Clichy was motm for me, fantastic game from him. Rosicky was good too. Ade, other than scoring that weird goal, was average. He should've done better. Everyone else was good (Hoyte started off badly then got better and was average overall). Much better game from Cesc btw.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
We won, got 3 points, christmas period where everyone is tired, stuffed bellies and would rather go out with their mates and meet girls....
Fair enough but its the managers job to keep the players fired up, focused and be their mentor

These 4 matches over the period always get touched on the year after and to get 10 points out of 12 has been a phenomenal return for the lads

Very confident every home match we go into, well scoop up the 3 points

Yeh west ham were resolute but you can tell after the 2 goals, or even the first, all their hopes were shattered

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
MOTM
Rosicky, he was zipping all over the place linking up play, thats the sharpest ive seen him for a very long whileand long may it reign

You whats going to happen now that ive said that lol

famous no 10

Established Member
Well pleased with our performance...got the job done quickly, kept it tight and still had plenty in reserve if we needed it...and Edu looks very sharp.

That win over Everton has brought our confidence back, great Xmas period for us in the end.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Well pleased with our performance...got the job done quickly, kept it tight and still had plenty in reserve if we needed it...and Edu looks very sharp.

That win over Everton has brought our confidence back, great Xmas period for us in the end.

Exactly 10, we got the job done quickly, something we struggled to do at home all last season

We ate the toffees that day and moyes really got done by The Arse

We now feel energized :lol:

Dez

Players are stepping up. At the beggining of the season we were winning but everyone said there was room for improvement.

Rosicky and Eboue played quite well in Hlebs absence. Walcott looked lively and Eduardo's finish speaks for itself. Almunia had another solid performance, my confidence is growing in him every game. Hoyte was a bit off but Clichy was superb. Flamini, Gallas and Toure looked comfortable and Cesc looked back to his previous form in the second half.

We dominated the first 10, it was even until we got the second before West Ham had a period of dominance but the second half was brilliant, we just controlled the game, didn't use too much energy and comfortably held on to the win.

One very happy Gooner.

giuliob

The Hammers spent all their energy on the ManU game....We benefited....A breather of a game for Arsenal....We needed that....No heart pounding drama.....And now some rest before the FA Burnley game....

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
What was most heartening for me was the recapturing of our passing rhythm in the second half. Our passing brio has been MIA since Villa Park, but the second half yesterday saw it gradually returning. The mancs will have been banking on us being behind them by the turn of the year, I'm pretty sure they're starting to sweat now. :)

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom