• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Birmingham - Match ratings

Illusion

Established Member
They all deserve a big fat zero, because none of them achieved anything today other than failure.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
^
That.
I would perhaps nudge Wilshere further up in the ranks for his sheer willingness to show the desire and drive that being in a final should be all about.

Raider

Established Member
Arshavin and rosicky were so dire I don't even feel like getting into it.

Arshavin is always so hot and then suddenly so cold. 2/10

Rosicky, you're just pants mate. You offer nothing that another player can't offer.

Illusion

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
^
That.
I would perhaps nudge Wilshere further up in the ranks for his sheer willingness to show the desire and drive that being in a final should be all about.

He was one of the better ones, but he still made some awful mistakes in our own half that nearly cost us dearly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Illusion said:
They all deserve a big fat zero, because none of them achieved anything today other than failure.
Wilshere was the best player on the pitch for us, don't put him in the same bracket of somebody like Rosicky who offered nothing.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Nasri did all he could, too. Only player along with Bendtner who looked like scoring after Van Persie went off.

Illusion

Established Member
THunter said:
Illusion said:
Wilshere was the best player on the pitch for us, don't put him in the same bracket of somebody like Rosicky who offered nothing.

He was the best amongst a load of crap, he was not good by his own high standards. He was stunning against Barcelona, he was awful today.

I stand by my post, they all deserve zero.

Raider

Established Member
Wojciech Szczesny - 4
Bacary Sagna - 5
Gael Clichy - 4
Johan Djourou - 4
Laurent Koscielny - 4
Tomas Rosicky - 1
Samir Nasri - 3
Alex Song - 3
Jack Wilshere - 6
Andrey Arshavin - 2
Robin van Persie (c) - 6
Marouane Chamakh - na
Nicklas Bendtner - 5

progman07

Established Member
Wilshere, RvP were fine. Other not so much.

I blame Rosicky, who probably didn't have higher than 50% pass completition rate, and messed up our game so many times. Was so fed up with him all the game.

Okey, the 2nd goal was terrible stuff, but the real issue was not leading in the 89th min. If we have played well and scored more than 1, we wouldn't have lost the game because of one weird defensive cockup.

EE27

Szczney- 4- Should have been sent off, no communication, Obafemi Martins- need I say more?

Sagna- 5- Partly at fault for 1st goal but got up the flanks to no avail

Kos- Minus 100- Stinker. At fault big time for 2nd goal and major role in 1st goal.

Djourou- 2- Dreadful

Clichy- 1- Awful

Song- 1- Miserable

Rosicky- 0- Running out of adjectives.

Wilshere- 6- One of the few who can hold their head up, played ok and was unlucky not to score.

Nasri- 5- Okay but held on to the ball for too long on a few occasions.

RVP- 6- Great goal, was relatively quiet but suffered from poor service.

Arse- 6.5- Most dangerous player. Frustating at times but should never have been taken off.

Arsène- 0- I'm sorry, but leaving Rosicky on instead of Arshavin was criminal.

Rorz

Established Member
Van Persie, Wilshere, Sagna, Djourou, and maybe Nasri deserve some recognition of their effort. The rest were poor. Rosicky's performance was one of the most uninvolved, lacklustre, and clueless I have seen in a long time, and I really hope he does not have to play in any more big games this season. An injured Fabregas would have played better than he did today.

Before the game I saw the BBC lineup which had Rosicky on the wing and Nasri through the centre, and thought they had made a mistake - surely Nasri would be on the wing as always? I was right, and how I wish I wasn't. All the talk of our play flowing through Wilshere was undermined by having Rosicky in the centre, we would have done better had Nasri played there instead I think.

yuvken

Established Member
Not everyone was bad - Jack, VP, and I don't agree Arsha was so bad.

I do worry about Song's form: he was back after a bad period, and playing very well. Now he's clearly dived again - I can't really explain that.

Apart from the VP injury situation, I'm not worried about the team.

I do have to agree that Rosicky is not someone we can rely on as deputy-cesc. Or any important role. Sad, I really liked him. Aaron will play a central role in the latter part of the season. I know some people say we'll not see the best of him till next year - well, he's being called upon, and I believe he'll be there. Ramsey - 7 (for giving much needed hope right now).

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Illusion said:
THunter said:
Illusion said:

He was the best amongst a load of crap, he was not good by his own high standards. He was stunning against Barcelona, he was awful today.

I stand by my post, they all deserve zero.
Awful? Awful is Rosicky's attempt of a back-heel at 1-1. He was far from awful, his rasping strike that hit the bar was what led to the equalizer and he also had to cover for Song who might as well not have been playing today.

Fair enough thats your view but i disagree.

Raider

Established Member
yuvken said:
Not everyone was bad - Jack, VP, and I don't agree Arsha was so bad.

Check his misplaced passes.

I bet he hit a new record for a cup final today. Made me sick to my stomach, lost it ENDLESSLY.

He did run with intent, only thing he had going for him.

cuban

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
Now we've all settled down...
:lol:

Wojciech 5
Sagna 5
Djorou 5
Kos 6
Clichy 5
Song 5
Jack 7
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 6
RvP 6
Nasri 6

Bendtner, Chamakh N/A

qs

Established Member
Wojciech 5
Sagna 5
Djorou 5
Kos 4
Clichy 4
Song 5
Jack 6
Rosicky 3
Arshavin 6
RvP 6
Nasri 6

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
cuban said:
-Shaun- said:
Now we've all settled down...
:lol:

Wojciech 5
Sagna 5
Djorou 5
Kos 6
Clichy 5
Song 5
Jack 7
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 6
RvP 6
Nasri 6

Bendtner, Chamakh N/A
That's about right for me, maybe a point or two here or there but no matter. B'ham did play well it has to be said. Meh.

qs

Established Member
yuvken said:
I do worry about Song's form: he was back after a bad period, and playing very well. Now he's clearly dived again - I can't really explain that.

His form seems fine to me, that was a poor game today but apart from that he hasn't been bad. I think he was a little over awed at the occasion.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I really hope we upgrade Song's position in the summer. He just doesn't fit - mediocre displays for a year bar 4 or 5 games around January.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom