• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Birmingham - Match ratings

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Jack and Robin get a 4, the rest a 2.
0 would be unfair, because they managed to enter and leave the pitch, at least.

TheJoyofCesc

justinmitchell said:
Snes 6.5 was ok considering the defence in front of him and how often they ****** the basics up but then again he really should have done more on the goals
Sagna 5 really bad performance
DJ 4 sucked up field far too often and left his man unmarked, responsible for the first goal where Zigic got a free header
Kos 4 really nervous performance totally hashed the second goal seriously what the hell
Clichy 4.5 Pretty poor game but when you have to cover two players on your own what do you expect. routinely ****** the offside trap up
Song 3.5 shocking, takes the piss out of an invisible wall. Totally ineffective
Ros 3 was hardly on the ball all game and when he was he fluffed it, rubbish performance
Nasri 6.5 did what he could, ineffective first half good patch in second looked the most likely to create or score
Wilshere 6.5 Tidy about the best you could hope for when everyone else around you is way out of form
Ars 6 looked threatening and lazy some good play and movement and lovely assist
Rvp 7 played well with an ineffective midfield and rubbish supply, killed it when he was on the ball, looks back to his best

Pretty much this.
Would give DJ a 6 as he did ok but Sagna, Kos and Clichy all 4, woefully bad.
Song and Rosicky were awful.
Arshavin only a 5 too, a couple of good runs for the goal but nothing else.

Very disappointing performance but with this many poor/nervous displays we were never going to win.
The best team won on the day.

I am starting to wonder if we need to look at a new LB now as well as CB and DM. Clichy has been very poor defensively for a long time now and offers little going forward. He seems to have no confidence at all.
Would like to see Gibbs given an extended run there when available again and ship Clichy on in the summer while he can bring in some cash.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Djourou's displays have definitely dipped in the last month or so, maybe as a consequence of playing fairly often.

I agree Koscielny was better than him yesterday, but what a monumental f**k up on the goal. How can a top side gift goals like that, laughable stuff.

yuvken

Established Member
Clichy needs to be replaced? Sagna poor?

You guys - sometimes you lose in football. It hurts, but that's part of it. If it does your head, take a vacation.
Edit: just saw a call for Chez' head as well. This thread is a riot.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
The reaction from Wojchiech was awful tbh, just bounced off him. Just amateurish stuff all around. Rubbish challenge from Djourou on initial ball into the area. Vidic deals with those types of things with his eyes closed.

TheJoyofCesc

Vidic would have have put the ball and his keeper into row Z.
So would Adams, Bould, Keown, etc
Our defenders need to defend first, clear their lines of danger.
There is no excuse for lack of communication and indecision (nor trying to put the blame on language differences).
In this day and age with the money players get, not being able to do the basics is inexcusable.

TheJoyofCesc

yuvken said:
Clichy needs to be replaced? Sagna poor?

You guys - sometimes you lose in football. It hurts, but that's part of it. If it does your head, take a vacation.

It's not the losing, it's the manner of the defeat.

Sagna had a poor game but is still one of the best defenders in the PL.

Clichy has not performed to the level he can for far too long now and his position must be vulnerable. Maybe he is exasperated at the lack of support he often gets down the left and the covering he has to do but he is caught out of position a lot, does not defend well at all and looks short of ideas going forward.
I would happily take money for him in the summer, give Gibbs a chance and see if Traore can provide adequate cover (how is he doing on loan, getting any game time?).

yuvken

Established Member
Clichy has actually been in good form lately, and is way better than Gibbs at this point. he's not a great asset going forward normally, but it hasn't been that long since his fantastic assist to VP...
The team needs to be concerned with the injuries to key players - surprise, surprise. In the short term they need to bounce back, which I'm sure they will.
The fans, however... i don't know how long it will take for the, to recover. Right now the situation seems very serious.

eye4goal

Established Member
Djourou and Koscielny need to communicate better. Koscielny in particular has a very individual style. He needs to grow more into the team and become abit more vocal.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom