• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal wins Gabriel red card appeal

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So he'll probably get a one match ban then with his improper conduct charge? We should accept it tonight so he misses the Sp**s game instead of the Leicester game.

Unless we tell the FA that's bollocks as well and he gets no ban.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
It wasn't a red card offence but yellow? Yeah. Would have been his second yellow so he would have been sent off either way.

onetowatch

So Gabriel was a stupid **** who costed his team yeah?

This incident should also educate people to back your own players when they are clearly right. I guess people who said Gabriel was stupid and should have

A) Either punch him hard to get sent off
B) Don't defend his teammates at all

and that the matter was a red card offence can rest their case now. Never a sending off. Refereeing error no matter where you see it from (before or after Costa's incident with Koscielny). Case closed.

The first booking was undeserved and may have been why the appeal was upheld. Once already booked, Gabriel shouldn't have kicked (or attempted to kick) Costa. Even Wenger admitted he was guilty there.

Whilst it's good news that his suspension has been rescinded, let's not pretend that he didn't cost his team on the day by acting on impulse.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

By the letter of the law he should have been sent off, big statement by the FA there. I guess even they have had enough of Costa's ****.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
So if the FA had not found with Gabriel, you'd still be defending that decision? I think not.
See the Chelsea Match Thread. I have said my piece there. It was never a red card offence.

arsmile

Established Member
it's the violent conduct charge appeal that was successful

improper conduct has not been heard...he was charged with both....that could still be a one match ban

isn't that the case?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*ck Mike Dean, he single handedly cost us the game. No-one cares about referees, probably not even their wives.

People pay good money to watch athletes play and they try to take over the f*cking game.

Plutarch

Don't know whether to laugh or cry about all this. Cry, mainly. Without Mike Dean and his fellow official's utter incompetence, Costa would have been sent off and we'd have still had eleven men on the pitch. Arsenal have been robbed by officials plenty of times but this is one of the worst. Oh well, Gabriel getting his red card removed is good anyway, I suppose.

nicky47

Established Member
Chuffed with the news he won't serve a 3 match ban, that was such bull. The damage was done Saturday but at least there's a little justice. Just hope Costa misses at least 3 games now, it's the least he deserves!

Gotta say, I've taken such a liking to Gabriel, not only looks a good player but determined as well. Hope he continues doing well for us!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel could earn us more points in the long run, I can't see Mike Dean being given an Arsenal game for a while.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So Gabriel was a stupid **** who costed his team yeah?

This incident should also educate people to back your own players when they are clearly right. I guess people who said Gabriel was stupid and should have

A) Either punch him hard to get sent off
B) Don't defend his teammates at all

and that the matter was a red card offence can rest their case now. Never a sending off. Refereeing error no matter where you see it from (before or after Costa's incident with Koscielny). Case closed.
As great as it was getting turned over it was still a stupid decision as ultimately gave the ref a decision to make that cost us that game. Thankfully the FA have seen the light and it won't cost us further down the line as well.

As for option A and B he, if he wants to risk getting sent off ~ which on the day he did and put us down to ten men - it should be done in the right way and he and any player should always have their team mates backs.

Can't see how anyone can get high and mighty the card was over turned the result still stands and the result is by far the most important.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He shouldn't have even been on the yellow, in the first place.

That was the most annoying thing about it all. Gabby just stepped in and tried to separate the Kos and Costa, but the caveman flipped out being the **** he is, yet Gabby got a card too for nothing.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
As great as it was getting turned over it was still a stupid decision as ultimately gave the ref a decision to make that cost us that game. Thankfully the FA have seen the light and it won't cost us further down the line as well.

As for option A and B he, if he wants to risk getting sent off ~ which on the day he did and put us down to ten men - it should be done in the right way and he and any player should always have their team mates backs.

Can't see how anyone can get high and mighty the card was over turned the result still stands and the result is by far the most important.
He didn't cost us the game because what he did wasn't a sending off offence. He didn't do anything at all to get 2 yellow cards if you want to look it the other way. If anything, this further proves that the ref ****ed up in every way possible and Mike Dean costed us the game. You cannot argue past the fact that it should have been them down to 10 man and we should have stayed at 11 man.

Now lets wait for Costa to get banned for 3 matches.

Bashii

Getting Gab back is great. The Costa ban remains to be seen really, if Chelsea go ahead and drop a few points in their next 3 PL games then it'll be OK-ish, I guess?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He didn't cost us the game because what he did wasn't a sending off offence. He didn't do anything at all to get 2 yellow cards if you want to look it the other way. If anything, this further proves that the ref ****ed up in every way possible and Mike Dean costed us the game. You cannot argue past the fact that it should have been them down to 10 man and we should have stayed at 11 man.

Now lets wait for Costa to get banned for 3 matches.
Of course I can argue it. Regardless of how wrong the refs decision was, even if he is removed from every game ever going forward fact is we finished that match on Saturday 19th September at approx 2.45 with nine players leaving the field not 11. We also left it having lost two nil.

Yes the ref got it wrong, this isn't Back to the Future where time can be tampered with. There is no way around it. Mike Dean made a balls up but Gabriel gave him that opportunity that cost us that match. It thankfully won't go any further but the damage was already done. I'd rather have had Gabriel on the pitch for the whole game than have him available for Lecister because starting a game we can field another in his place and still start 11 vs 11.

Even is Costa is banned for 6 games he was able to influence the game in question and Gabriel didn't. And it's only what happened in those 90 minutes that matters not what some appeals panel said or done. Technology, now if that was available inplay, then it would have been a reversal but it's not so a mute point. This is a hallow victory. The real victory was on Saturday and it belonged to Chelsea.

Stoneh

Listen fellas.. Gabby is awesome. We need players that have fire in them. Sticking up for team mates. Ive seen it a few times already when one of our players is down no one complains or argues, this shows weaknesses in my opinion. All other teams put pressure on referees this way

Way to many nice guys, even Kos didnt complain much and no one bar Gabby fought for him.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom