• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal wins Gabriel red card appeal

blaze_of_glory

I think Kos' ability to remain calm all the time is a positive to be honest. I think he'd make a good captain. Let someone else do the yelling, come over and calm things down, then go chat with the ref. You come out looking better that way.

I prefer cool customers to hot heads when it comes to leaders. You need firery players like Coq and Gabby, but they aren't always the best people to lead a team. Gotta have the good cop, bad cop thing going.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yep, things couldn't have gone any better since the game tbh. Obviously the match day was a massive f*ck up but at least the F.A have done the right thing with these bans.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Of course I can argue it.....
My whole point is, why blame Gabriel when its clearly the referee who screwed him and screwed us? Don't give me the crap that Gabriel is stupid, he didn't do anything to justify a sending off and never in his mind would he thought the ref would. This is a tough lesson for him to know that there are absolutely incompetent refs in the league.

Anyway Diego Costa is found guilty and banned, which not only add insults to wound because it should have been 10v11 the other way round, but further adds pressure on Mike Dean. FA basically admitted for him he made a complete mess out of every decision and yet did not punish him. I won't be surprised if he did not see the Gabriel incident too as shown by the post match analysis that his vision was blocked.

Fallout

i feel like a certain psychological trend has developed in our fanbase over the last decade ... a lot of gooners are by now so accustomed to biased referees that we blame the players/manager for falling into situations where we're reliant on refs to make the correct call.

e.g. all the fans who've accused us for being too soft, when in reality our opponents would publicly admit to using rugby tactics that resulted in 3 leg breaks in 5 years (and of course zero protection from referees during that period).

e.g. all the fans who've said we weren't good enough to win game x, y, or z, when in reality one of our very legitimate goals was ruled offside and/or the opposing team was awarded a ghost PK or free kick (man utd would habitually "grind out" several tight games a season thanks to these decisions).

e.g. all the fans saying gabriel shouldnt have reacted to costa, when in reality dean should have carded costa for earlier transgressions. i find it interesting that giroud gets booked for having a moan at the referee, when barca and real routinely surround the ref to have a group moan session.

it's neither fair nor realistic to hold our players to a higher standard than everyone else just because we've been traumatized by years of poor referees and a biased FA. i'm not sure what the solution is or if there even is a real solution, but blaming the players isn't it.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Coquelin should be our captain next season. Puts in consistent performances, very vocal, doesn't shy away from confrontations, leads by example. Not sure if he's captain material off the pitch, but on it i can't see anyone more suited to it in our starting team right now.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Can't see how anyone can get high and mighty the card was over turned the result still stands and the result is by far the most important.

I see your point, but it will be kind of sweet if Chelski drop points in their next couple of league games. (Not holding my breath from the fixture list, but still)

onetowatch

Well there next game is at St James Park, graveyard for Mourinho iirc. Fingers crossed.

Great news all round. Well done the FA.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I am still annoyed that Chelsea still got the 3 points which is the most important thing and that Dean doesn't get punished for his incompetence.

Trying to put a bright spin on things at least now Costa will have a suarez like reputation with the officials now and won't get away this his b*llshit anymore. Also despite Dean not getting directly punished I would be surprised if he was to ref an Arsenal match anytime soon.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FA basically admitting Mike Dean screwed us by insinuating that he got two MAJOR decisions wrong. Two game changing decisions wrong.

Mastadon

Established Member
F*ck Mike Dean, he single handedly cost us the game. No-one cares about referees, probably not even their wives.

People pay good money to watch athletes play and they try to take over the f*cking game.

This is so true. It's amazing how in 2015 with all the technology we have so much power is still in the hands of 1 man. Refs should be forced to obtain instant replay confimation before making game changing decisions like issuing red cards or penalties. There is too much going on for 1 or 2 match officials to get every decision right. Nobody contests goal line decisions because there is nothing to argue anymore. Refs are supposed to be lubricant used to facilitate the act instead of dicks who run the show.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom