• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal wins Gabriel red card appeal

Banks

Really liked how Gabriel stood up to Costa letting him know he is born and bred Brazillian . Hope this rivalry continues

kenya

There is too much double speak regarding this incident. And it's worse when it comes from fans. How do you say 'We are too soft, I wish we had a Keown or Vieira in this team to deal with Costa' and then in the same breath say ' Gabriel was stupid to get involved'. Gabriel tried to step up and defend his team mate just as Keown and Vieira would have. Or you think a trouble maker like Costa would just somehow change because he sees Keown on the pitch? If anything he would target Keown or Vieira knowing very well that they will retaliate. I don't blame Gabriel at all for this. Mike Dean is the only culprit here and the lifting of the ban so far shows it. I don't like that there is still an improper conduct charge hanging over Gabriel's head yet it was precipitated by the wrongful sending off.
The other double speak is from pundits. I have heard some even say that Kos should have gone to the ground so that the ref acts. What a load of crap. First off Kos is a defender and there was an attack in progress. Chelsea even made a shot on goal. Kos was slapped in the face but somehow still saw that a Chelsea player was about to shoot and Kos moved to try and block the shot. I find this very brave. If he had gone to ground clutching his face and Chelsea scored (which are situations we are very familiar with) some people would be slating him for going down during a dangerous attack. Well...interestingly Kos chose to go down when Costa bumped his chest in to him...and guess what...same pundits say he went down easy and was looking to get Costa booked. Let me just stop there.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
It is really kinda ridiculous. Why is there no video evidence!?
I think it is good that the wrong decisions were taken bsck, but what about the points...?
They would have never beaten us if costa got that red card.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

shots-fired.jpg

GoonerBoy19

Really liked how Gabriel stood up to Costa letting him know he is born and bred Brazillian . Hope this rivalry continues

I like him as a player but he needs to control his aggression. He shouldn't have reacted too much and should have returned Costa the favour with some crushing tackles. Just see how Fernandinho gave Costa taste of his own medicine earlier this season. I am sure Gabriel will learn from this and improve. Also good to see that Costa will now be watched closely by FA and would get longer ban if he repeat this again.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom