• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta didn‘t sign anyone until now. Hopefully he‘ll have more of a say from today, reports are saying that he does so fingers crossed.
We were heading for the only squad with 24 backup players + Auba.

Manberg

Predator
How do they find and analyse players without scouts?

Arteta must have knowledge of lots of footballers to make it happen.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Even you and I can see if a footballer would vastly improve us and what we need.

We have enough youngsters here in multiple positions.

Its also worth noting the PL may soon make teams use a lot more home grown players over foreign ones. Meaning our academy needs to be top draw and the restructuring of that areas need to be perfect.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Even you and I can see if a footballer would vastly improve us and what we need.

Its also worth noting the PL may soon make teams use a lot more home grown players over foreign ones. Meaning our academy needs to be top draw and the restructuring of that areas need to be perfect.
They've already done so. Per and Edu relieved a whole bunch of people at Hale End, including Steve Morrow who'd been the Head of Youth Recruitment for quite some time. This has apparently streamlined the process there and led to some quick improvements in the short term. The main people who remain are Per Mertesacker and Marcel Lucassen. I'm also certain that Lee Heron is still a prominent figure.

Manberg

Predator

We can’t. It’s really not that simple. Scouts analyse every little detail in footballers that regular fans just don’t see. Such detail can make the difference between whether a signing can be a success or a flop.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can’t. It’s really not that simple. Scouts analyse every little detail in footballers that regular fans just don’t see. Such detail can make the difference between whether a signing can be a success or a flop.

So you're telling me Thomas Partey and Aouar need intense scouting to see if they'll improve us?

All the stats scouts analyse and look at are things everyone in the world can see.

Scouts are more about unearthing talents in leagues nobody watches or watch little of. Scouts also get a lot wrong, honestly I'm not fussed about scouting or which scout did this that and the other.

Manberg

Predator
So you're telling me Thomas Partey and Aouar need intense scouting to see if they'll improve us?

All the stats scouts analyse and look at are things everyone in the world can see.

Scouts are more about unearthing talents in leagues nobody watches or watch little of. Scouts also get a lot wrong, honestly I'm not fussed about scouting or which scout did this that and the other.

Sorry to say but you’re wrong. If we were to sign prime Messi it would be good practice to scout him. Those details are needed. A good scout’s report can also recommend to which degree a player is suited to fit in with a squad and how they fit the team’s tactics. There are degrees in scouting.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sorry to say but you’re wrong. If we were to sign prime Messi it would be good practice to scout him. Those details are needed. A good scout’s report can also recommend to which degree a player is suited to fit in with a squad and how they fit the team’s tactics. There are degrees in scouting.

The manager decides all these things and then tells in our case Edu what he needs.

Its not rocket science, Arteta tells Edu he needs more creativity from midfield and attack. Okay well we will grab Willian and go for Aouar, two players who offer that.

Scouting comes into it when you need to actually scout a player who isn't ready made. Also we still have a lot of very talented scouts at the club, but to pick up talent that isnt known.

Also cant believe you just said we would be wise to scout Messi if we wanted him. :lol:

sykesy69

I swear I caught a glimpse of it on the Man City - All or Nothing.

I thought it was a case of inputting the stats/profile of the type of player you're looking for, it spits out a bunch of names and those names have linked video highlights you can watch. Then if you want deeper analysis, you send your scouts to watch them over a number of games to make sure the stats and eye test match what you're after.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Whats the deal with our business now anyway? Haven't read much today. Are Edu and Arteta the main pair getting the deals done?

Also whats with the Auba deal? Is he literally waiting on our transfer dealings to sign a new deal?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Whats the deal with our business now anyway? Haven't read much today. Are Edu and Arteta the main pair getting the deals done?

Also whats with the Auba deal? Is he literally waiting on our transfer dealings to sign a new deal?

What do you make of the Raul situation? Hard to keep your job when finish 8th, i told you didn’t I.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If nobody is using scouts then how the fk do you get ahead of the rest of the market?

By using separate scouting networks makes a very dangerous assumption that whoever you hiring has no other interest but Arsenal's at heart.

Going by stats alone is also riskyas you need
1. the correct stats
2. the people who can interpret them correctly.... I'm not sure how many people are both data scientists and have a great footballing brain....
3. you likely end up with incomplete an incomplete picture of the player ie. Mustafi has great stats but our scouts recommendation to not sign him was ignored.

There are very few certain buys and we can't afford any of them and wont be able to in the short to medium term.

Using skilled scouts reduces the risk inherent in bringing in new players, the problem is with unskilled scouts. What interesting is data may be able to spot something that a scout may not notice at first check and may draw their attention to a player but not using a scout who is associated with the club increases the risk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@GDeep™ glad I bumped into you in here. Was gonna post saying I apologise for words said on Raul. You were most certainly correct. After reading Le Groves long article on it I can see it was deffo the right decision.

Coming 8th obviously wasn't a factor.

You still suck balls btw.

Reactions: roz

GDeep™

League is very weak
@GDeep™ glad I bumped into you in here. Was gonna post saying I apologise for words said on Raul. You were most certainly correct. After reading Le Groves long article on it I can see it was deffo the right decision.

Coming 8th obviously wasn't a factor.

You still suck balls btw.

I accept your apology. I really enjoying reading your posts btw, I’m sure we’ll meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom