• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borehamwood FC v Arsenal | July 14, 2018 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Do we have lots of schizophrenic fans? Seems to me the nascent lynch mob for Sokratis has lots of former members of the earlier "we must sign Sokratis!" club.

Or people get excited by players they've never seen play and then reality bites?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
In all honesty this is the only version of Sokratis I know . Convinced myself all summer that I probably only caught his bad games for BVB . I don't see this guy as better than Mustafi or Chambers . I'll stick my neck out and say they'll be ahead of him in the pecking order in 6 months .

I think he was signed for his leadership qualities more than anything. He definitely has a warrior spirit and will die for the cause, we definitely need some of that.

But I have to admit, we both had our reservations before this signing, and watching him getting roasted by Angelo Balanta has done nothing to convince me. I'm open minded about him, and I'll support him 100% of the way. But something tells me there's something there with Chambers and Mavropanos.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
As usual AM drawing mad conclusions from a meaningless pres-season where half the lads are not at match fitness. The results are not important now and the creases will obviously be there.

This is the thing though Mark, he displayed the very flaws that had people concerned. Did you watch him at all for Dortmund last season? He wasn't great at all.

I'm an eternal optimist so I'll be willing him to come good, but I'm not confident.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If Sokratis scored 9 owl goals, it wouldn't have mattered. Give the bloke a break, sheesh.

Wenger haters club tried to make it look like we were making the best defensive signing out there with Sokratis. But you got to look through that to know he is just some around average defender who has not been good for Dortmund last year.

He is still better than we saw in this game but people should tone their hopes down that he is some top class defender that is going to fix our problems.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Wenger haters club tried to make it look like we were making the best defensive signing out there with Sokratis. But you got to look through that to know he is just some around average defender who has not been good for Dortmund last year.

He is still better than we saw in this game but people should tone their hopes down that he is some top class defender that is going to fix our problems.

I think he’s a top class defender that is going to fix our problems.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is the thing though Mark, he displayed the very flaws that had people concerned. Did you watch him at all for Dortmund last season? He wasn't great at all.

I'm an eternal optimist so I'll be willing him to come good, but I'm not confident.
I noted the same flaws TGG. Go look in his thread... Just saying it is early to draw conclusions.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I noted the same flaws TGG. Go look in his thread... Just saying it is early to draw conclusions.
I agree, just as you cannot say everything is godlike in the first friendly game vs a poor team, you can't say everything is **** either.

First game for entire team in a new system etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom