• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Started brightly last season, but got exposed badly in a couple of games and never quite recovered. But I would only loan him if he's promised a lot of minutes for a top half club. Still really young, a lot of time for him to develop into a top player.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Started brightly last season, but got exposed badly in a couple of games and never quite recovered. But I would only loan him if he's promised a lot of minutes for a top half club. Still really young, a lot of time for him to develop into a top player.
I think Southampton would meet both of your criteria.

tomoenage

If not Southampton I thought he might benefit by going somewhere like Derby, Boro or Ipswich

He would start most games, be the best player in the defence, could learn to lead and marshal them and be involved in a team pushing to win the title / get promotion. He would learn bundles and it would make a man of him. Couple of seasons like that and he might be ready to be a starter for Arsenal

I doubt Wenger would ever consider such a move but I would se it as fast tracking his development. 16 appearances a season ain't gonna get it done.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A loan to Southampton would be great for all parties. He'd only start 15 games all comps here. Got a big future needs games. A season from now could see him replacing Mertesacker and Arteta as a CB/CM with Gabriel and Koscielny 1st choice CB, Bellerin 1st choice RB and Coquellin/New CM 1st choice CM. Reckon he's a way away from being a starter here.

Tangy99

I'm not necessarily against the idea, as a massive talent I'm keen to see him getting minutes to develop.

However, we may have to think more short term and selfish as we simply cannot afford to leave ourselves short. Both Monreal and Debuchy can do a job at CB admittedly but Debuchy has injury concerns and I don't wish to see Gibbs at LB.

Maybe at least give it to January and see how many minutes he gets.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Loaning him out would be daft.

Our backup CB speaks **** all English apparently, and I'd be far more comfortable starting him instead of some ****e 4th option loanee

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I would offer him to West Brom, Pulis clearly knows how to develop defensive talent. Apparently alot of his defensive drills are old school still.

Was just about to post this when I read the title.
WBA or at Swansea under Monk, with whom we seem to have a good relations: Fabianski, Bartley, Roberts..

But I think it would be ludicrous to let him go, as if an injury hits one of Per/Kos we're down to bare bones again.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd only loan him out if we got another CB in. Another option would be to bring a LB in and use Monreal as CB cover, but I'm not too keen on that.

Calypso_Boy

we have gabreil, hayden, monreal and debuchy who can play cb. We dont need chambers so it would be good if he's loaned out. Experience is key for young defenders.

Liam Spencer

I think we will see Debuchy play CB quite frequently this season. Bellerin is pretty much the first-choice RB now and Mertesacker is not getting younger, while I don't think Gabriel is compatible with Koscielny - he is more of a backup to the Frenchman than a potential partner.

It is my gut feeling that we will see Debuchy in the centre quite frequently this season, which means that leaves Chambers as the third-choice RB (Bellerin, Debuchy, Chambers) and fifth-choice CB (Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Debuchy, Chambers).

You can also throw in Monreal as well, who has played quite a few games at CB.

Keeping this in mind, I can understand why Wenger might want to loan him out - it is always good to have cover, but he is well down the pecking order at the moment and would be better off playing regularly for another PL team this season, and come back a better and more experienced defender.

He clearly has a big future at Arsenal - Mertesacker, Debuchy, Monreal etc. are not getting younger, and someone like Koscielny may not be around forever, so there will be plenty of room for him in the 2-3 years.

Right now, I'd argue that loaning him out would be best for his development. Playing a few FA Cup and Capital One Cup games will not help him much.

Emibury

we have gabreil, hayden, monreal and debuchy who can play cb. We dont need chambers so it would be good if he's loaned out. Experience is key for young defenders.

Monreal and Debuchy are our first choice fullbacks, Hayden unproven and Gabriel is out third choice centre back. I think it would be crazy sending Chambers out, especially with our injury record.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Top top cB in the making. He is gonna add some muscles too soon, but is already surprisingly strong, commanding, confident on the ball.. What a talent, wish him all the health of this world

blaze_of_glory

Top top cB in the making. He is gonna add some muscles too soon, but is already surprisingly strong, commanding, confident on the ball.. What a talent, wish him all the health of this world
From this pic, looks like he's already added a fair bit of muscle (gotta zoom in to find him)

AE5zSob.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think we will see Debuchy play CB quite frequently this season. Bellerin is pretty much the first-choice RB now and Mertesacker is not getting younger, while I don't think Gabriel is compatible with Koscielny - he is more of a backup to the Frenchman than a potential partner.

It is my gut feeling that we will see Debuchy in the centre quite frequently this season, which means that leaves Chambers as the third-choice RB (Bellerin, Debuchy, Chambers) and fifth-choice CB (Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Debuchy, Chambers).

You can also throw in Monreal as well, who has played quite a few games at CB.

Keeping this in mind, I can understand why Wenger might want to loan him out - it is always good to have cover, but he is well down the pecking order at the moment and would be better off playing regularly for another PL team this season, and come back a better and more experienced defender.

He clearly has a big future at Arsenal - Mertesacker, Debuchy, Monreal etc. are not getting younger, and someone like Koscielny may not be around forever, so there will be plenty of room for him in the 2-3 years.

Right now, I'd argue that loaning him out would be best for his development. Playing a few FA Cup and Capital One Cup games will not help him much.

No chance on Debuchy at CB, Per plays when fit and Wenger has hinted he believes Gabriel is the real deal.

If anything, I reckon Debuchy plays RB more than we might think, Bellerin is a kid, you get highs and lows with these types.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Why the hell would we loan out an actual CB and use full backs as cover? What sense does that make? I think Chambers is closer to our first XI than you might think. He's gonna be a monster CB before long.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom