• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Liam Spencer

No chance on Debuchy at CB, Per plays when fit and Wenger has hinted he believes Gabriel is the real deal.

If anything, I reckon Debuchy plays RB more than we might think, Bellerin is a kid, you get highs and lows with these types.

It's a long season, so yes Debuchy will get quite a few games at RB, but I do think Bellerin is first-choice for now.

Calypso_Boy

Why the hell would we loan out an actual CB and use full backs as cover? What sense does that make? I think Chambers is closer to our first XI than you might think. He's gonna be a monster CB before long.

monreal has played about the same amount of games at cb as chambers. He's hardly any less of a cb tbh. Chambers needs a year of consistent football, we might be able to get away with not playing monreal cb next season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
monreal has played about the same amount of games at cb as chambers. He's hardly any less of a cb tbh. Chambers needs a year of consistent football, we might be able to get away with not playing monreal cb next season.

Nah, loaning Chambers out with full backs as possible cover is daft. Remember the situation at the start of last season? Calamity. Cost us dearly. We've 4 CB's now, that's the minimum we should enter the season with, especially with our back luck with injuries.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The homegrown rule has backfired resulting in massively inflated prices for young English players.

Sterling and Stones aren't 40-50 mil players but they'll probably stay at their respective clubs for years on end while also helping their club meet the HG requirement.

If they are sold it will be for a bomb as well. The fees are ridiculous but from a business perspective they aren't terrible.

Malky

Established Member
In all honesty a Chambers - Stones swap could be best for all parties. Chambers gets playing time, Stones, with no disrespect to Everton, gets a step up to a bigger club and we keep the home grown player while Everton already have the replacement. Something like that could put us in the driving seat for a possible deal but no doubt United and Chelsea would just offer a ridiculous amount of money for a straight deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Stones is going to be straight cash, not much change from £40M if you want to play.

Everton might like Chambers, but it'll be a no from us and Chambers.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If Debuchy goes, Chambers will be switched to 2nd choice RB.
I sincerely hope not, I am tired of him being dragged about between RB, CB, and CDM. Let's get him developing into a position already! These positions aren't so alike, he needs to start developing in one, and one only, or else he won't make it. Preferable CB from me.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Yeah, I'd prefer him at CB as well. We should loan him for a season where he'll get playing time there.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom