• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

carlito'sway

Established Member
It is almost a certainty that a senior CB will arrive so Chambers will be the fifth wheel, so to speak.
That can only help him to go on loan and play week in / out.
Per will be gone next season then Callum will be part of the rotation.

BobP

Memri Fan
I don't want him loaned to Southampton, think it would hurt Chambers ego.

Think about it, leaving your boyhood club to move on to a bigger club, then having to move back, how would the former teammates receive you? Would he even be a starter? If Chambers weren't to be a regular starter at Southampton, it would kill him, after all why did he leave the club in the first place? Because he thought he was better.

illmatik

Established Member
I don't want him loaned to Southampton, think it would hurt Chambers ego.

Think about it, leaving your boyhood club to move on to a bigger club, then having to move back, how would the former teammates receive you? Would he even be a starter? If Chambers weren't to be a regular starter at Southampton, it would kill him, after all why did he leave the club in the first place? Because he thought he was better.

:lol: im sorry but you lost me there

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rumour was that Chambers turned down a move to Southampton last summer too.

Go and play, Wenger will call you back when he thinks you're ready. His future at Arsenal is assured, very very good player.

Impact

Established Member
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenals-calum-chambers-close-transfer-8102010

Excellent if true. We sign someone and let Chambers join Southampton on loan.

Don't think it'll hurt his ego other, everyone knows Cb at a top club is not possible for most 21-24 year olds. The guy is still a baby for a CB.

Not sure about this move now Koeman looks like moving. We need assurances that the new manager will play him. I'd also add at this stage regular games is more important to me than him playing at CB per se.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If we aren't signing a CB, he needs to stay. Per's decline and Gabriel's inconsistency should be enough to give him gametime, and I feel like he could do a proper job with the opportunities.

LiamSpencer

He is not good enough to make it at Arsenal, next generation Walcott/Gibbs.

Instead of allowing him to steal a living here for 10 years, it is better that he goes on loan and is then shipped off to some mid-table club for decent money.

I don't care if I get slack for this, but please mark this post: he will never make it at Arsenal, or this level (top 4; Champions League).

Just an average squaddie, nothing more.

GoonerSauras's Nan

Reports today suggesting Chambers is going out on Loan to watford, southampton are also interested, wouldn;t be a bad move tbf, get some experience come back in 2018 raring to go, whether wenger is here then reamins to be seen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Reports today suggesting Chambers is going out on Loan to watford, southampton are also interested, wouldn;t be a bad move tbf, get some experience come back in 2018 raring to go, whether wenger is here then reamins to be seen.
Can you post the links about chambers loan

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope he leave on loan and get game time. But with him leaving will leave us short but i think Wenger will give Jenko one last chance.

GoonerSauras's Nan

I know the Mail are hardly reliable, but there's been talk for a while of chambers going back on loan to Southampton / Watford. Be a great move for us and for him, gets him game time and match experience.

blaise

I thought it is some reliable source, they just speculate like us...hope he doesn´t go, think he could be quite a surprise with a stretch of 5-6 games and a better defensive set-up from the rest of the team

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom