• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If he were to go on loan, I think Bournemouth should should be his destination in the league. He'd get a good vibe from a young manager and a great atmosphere. Or go the other extreme to West Brom. Their squads don't look as if there would be too many issues with him getting game time.

NJRider

He is not good enough to make it at Arsenal, next generation Walcott/Gibbs.

Instead of allowing him to steal a living here for 10 years, it is better that he goes on loan and is then shipped off to some mid-table club for decent money.

I don't care if I get slack for this, but please mark this post: he will never make it at Arsenal, or this level (top 4; Champions League).

Just an average squaddie, nothing more.

Jonny Evans, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher and Darren Gibson won multiple titles and a champions league as part of united sqauds.

Even if you don't believe he can be a starter he is at least easily as good as them (i.e good enough for a top squad)

blaise

yeah he is at least good for 3rd or 4th choice for next 10 years, you do not buy 22 great players , but you need at least 5,6 good squad players who will give their best from the bench and not ***** around like Welbeck and Elnenny( you need 5,6 players like that and not like Theo)

GoonerSauras's Nan

Personally i think what we should of done when we signed him was, loan him back to southampton for the next season, would of had much better experience then playing a bit-part role here, i feel for him, i think he has the attributes to go on to become a beast for the Arsenal

arsmile

Established Member
Personally i think what we should of done when we signed him was, loan him back to southampton for the next season, would of had much better experience then playing a bit-part role here, i feel for him, i think he has the attributes to go on to become a beast for the Arsenal
problem was he was straight in our first 11 when we very first signed him- we were that desperate

blaise

problem was he was straight in our first 11 when we very first signed him- we were that desperate

yup and he was good then for a stretch of games, no reason not to repeat it, would rather give him a chance then Gabriel if I had to choose. I am a bit sick of language excuses, how the **** you can not learn ten sentences on English so you know them in your sleep in a year and half

GoonerSauras's Nan

We made a mistake with gabriel anyway, we should of targeted his partner, musacchio, now he's an animal. But yeah, chambers deserve's game time, i watched the toulun U21 tourney, he was immense.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I may be in the minority but I think Chambers has all the tools to be a world class CB. He doesn't lose challenges in the air, he's deceptively strong, very sound in the tackle and has decent positional sense at CB despite typically being deployed out wide. If he's loaned to a team where he can focus on playing CB for the course of a season I think he'll come back a worth partner for Kos and Smalling. To me the only difference between Chambers and Stones is that Stones has gotten a run of games in his best position whereas Chambers has been played out of position(he's just not a RB or DM) and sporadically. He's going to be very very good if he can just get that run of games at a good club.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I may be in the minority but I think Chambers has all the tools to be a world class CB. He doesn't lose challenges in the air, he's deceptively strong, very sound in the tackle and has decent positional sense at CB despite typically being deployed out wide. If he's loaned to a team where he can focus on playing CB for the course of a season I think he'll come back a worth partner for Kos and Smalling. To me the only difference between Chambers and Stones is that Stones has gotten a run of games in his best position whereas Chambers has been played out of position(he's just not a RB or DM) and sporadically. He's going to be very very good if he can just get that run of games at a good club.
You're not the only one mate. He's class. Has done all you can ask of him with such little game time in 2 years.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I see what you did there.

Sykes

We made a mistake with gabriel anyway, we should of targeted his partner, musacchio, now he's an animal. But yeah, chambers deserve's game time, i watched the toulun U21 tourney, he was immense.
I agree, but Musacchio is too injury prone. Probably the reason why we didn't go for him. We could still try if we fail with Koulibaly and benatia.

OSBK

Established Member
as said in prev. chambers will judged by when he thrown in at the deep end and had to partner mert when we struggled with injuries.

i have seen enough to know he has something.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/cr...ign-defender/story-30434552-detail/story.html

Looks like he could be out the door with a 15m fee. Unlike many others, you know who you are (future England captain etc), I never saw Chambers as someone likely to make it with us. Too young too error prone too high an expectation and to high a fee. We took a huge gamble on him and now according to the ever reliable Croydon Adviser may be taking a one million loss on him.

say yes

forum master baiter
The Croydon Advertiser?

A couple of paragraphs in the Croydon Advertiser saying that Crystal Palace are favourites with the bookmakers?

Really?

Reactions: BBF

Malky

Established Member
Even if he does leave, we'll still have Kos, Mustafi, Holding, Mertesacker, Gabriel and Monreal as CB options and, no doubt, Wenger will see that as enough for the season.
Can still hope Gabriel (as much as I like him) also goes and we bring in Van Dijk.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom