• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Fk, if we take £12m for Chambers, what's we getting for Holding? A donut and packet of crisps?

Would have thought Chambers is worth £18m-£20m.

He was, but then he got a big injury.
Was our best CB at the club before and would've stayed that under Arteta.

Ship has sailed now and the injury costs us a good amount of cash return

Gunners1616

A loan (again) would make more sense for Chambers.

If he plays a decent role for Leeds or Fulham, we could get much more than what we would get now in the middle of a covid crise... We should never sell our british players on the low.

Some guys like Lewis Dunk at 28 y.o are worth 50M.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we getting 30M from Holding and Chambers and that good enough for me both are not good enough. we bought Chambers for 12M and Holding for 2M so we making about 15M profit lol.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A loan (again) would make more sense for Chambers.

If he plays a decent role for Leeds or Fulham, we could get much more than what we would get now in the middle of a covid crise... We should never sell our british players on the low.

Some guys like Lewis Dunk at 28 y.o are worth 50M.
Chambers going to be 26 years old in 5 month time so no use to send him on loan just take 15M and move on.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would rather keep Chambers than any of Holding, Mustafi or Sokratis.

He’s a more useful player, and his value is artificially low right now given the injury. He’d have been worth 20-25m in normal circumstances.

That being said, we’ve got two many CBs at the club and 15m now is better than (the chance of) 25m next season given we’re loaded at CB and need funds to invest elsewhere. Oh well.

GunnerShy

Why would he be worth that much? Been 6 years since we signed him and he's barely improved.
What is he 25 with ~150 premier league games.

When fit last season he was a starter in a back four at CB and RB. Can also do a job at CDM.

Kyle Walker-Peters has gone for £12m. He's played 2 dozen PL games.

Keep selling guys for pennies on the dollar and then keep moaning that 1. We've not got enough money to buy players & 2. We don't sell as well as other clubs

sykesy69

The fact that we won't be able to shift Mustafi (injury and salary), best we move on Chambers, Holding and Sok.

I would prefer Chambers over Mustafi, but thems be the breaks.

£15m and he's all yours...

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Decent player, but our club is pushing past being a decent club. He's never going to be a starter here if we want to be a serious club.

Do think he is worth more than 12m though.

Goonger

What is he 25 with ~150 premier league games.

When fit last season he was a starter in a back four at CB and RB. Can also do a job at CDM.

Kyle Walker-Peters has gone for £12m. He's played 2 dozen PL games.

Keep selling guys for pennies on the dollar and then keep moaning that 1. We've not got enough money to buy players & 2. We don't sell as well as other clubs

This 1 I agree seems really low, think the ACL injury & recovery has killed us mind you.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s just annoying we didn’t cash in when we had that 25M offer. Got to know when to sell if he’s worth half that now.
Hard to predict an ACL unforts, fwiw I’ve always seen Chambers as the most useful of our CBs and Arteta hasn’t gotten the chance to use him.

Good enough on the ball to play DM in the PL, there’s a valuable player in there for sure. I’d take the 12M though but I’m confident we’d get more next summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hard to predict an ACL unforts, fwiw I’ve always seen Chambers as the most useful of our CBs and Arteta hasn’t gotten the chance to use him.

Good enough on the ball to play DM in the PL, there’s a valuable player in there for sure. I’d take the 12M though but I’m confident we’d get more next summer.

As others have said, it’s very low considering many worse players are moving at similar prices.

Annoying how us more than any club bar Utd consistently fail to get good fees for sales. Feel like we’re seen as a soft touch and clubs just take the p*ss.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Chambers was pots for a pl club just a year ago, only 25, he'll easily improve most midtable or lower pl sides.. They won't find anyone better close to that price.. I mean even a gk like Ramsdale went for 18m.

senna

Get rid. Hasnt got the pace to play in our backline. Would be useful for lower level PL teasm who sit back in a low block.

Holding is much better, before he was injured had almost began establishing himslef in the team and part of a backline under Emery that looked solid for a bit. Give him another year, if shows no progress move on.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As others have said, it’s very low considering many worse players are moving at similar prices.

Annoying how us more than any club bar Utd consistently fail to get good fees for sales. Feel like we’re seen as a soft touch and clubs just take the p*ss.
probably other clubs check on here, and find perfectly decent players described as 'absolute trash'

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom