• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
spewing hatred on an internet forum says a great deal more about you than your targets

Disgusting the way some people on this forum talk about players, 'Knob Holding' bet he thought he was clever with that one. Such a shame.

Reactions: roz

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tbf @BigPoppaPump is right with Gibbs & Ox. Gibbs was an horrendous player but Wenger just kept playing him. With Ox I couldn't believe Pool paid that much for him, a few good glimpses here and there but not much else. Ok he's won a PL medal but he's not a regular starter for them and could play even less this season.
Gibbs was serviceable. We wouldn't of broke our trophy drought without his clearance against Hull, would've down 3 within the first 20. Andre Santos was a horrendous player.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Gibbs was serviceable. We wouldn't of broke our trophy drought without his clearance against Hull, would've down 3 within the first 20. Andre Santos was a horrendous player.

Why were we even 2-0 down to Hull so early in a cup final? It was obvious we were by far the better team watching the rest of the game. Really we should've won like 3-0.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why were we even 2-0 down to Hull so early in a cup final? It was obvious we were by far the better team watching the rest of the game. Really we should've won like 3-0.
Typical Arsenal bottle job really. If it wasn't for Santi's magic, we'd have been a bigger meme than Hull Tigers.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Kola is definitely better than Gibbs, like on another level. Gibbs was clumsy, weak and had a brick for a brain.

Gibbs was a winger at the start but since he was a left footed player who was humble and wasn't good enough as a winger, Wenger thought he would make a decent LB of him.
I don't rate Kola that much but it's simply ridiculous to compare Gibbs to him

DennisTheLegend

Chambers was one of our best players this season before the injury. Can cover at RB and DMC too - I think we should definitely keep him. What’s the point of helping a player through rehab and then selling him - We did the same with Santi and look at his numbers this year.

Sell Papa, Mustafi, Holding and Kolas...we have to keep one British CB.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Like it or not, Luiz, Mustafi, Gabriel and Saliba will probably be our cb options next year with Kola and Tierney able to drop into a 3 if needed. We have Mavrapanos on loan.

I like Chambers, but can anybody see him becoming first choice here? He may look at it the same.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I can think of many sh1t players who have saved the day at some point in their career but Gibbs was generally poor. We should have upgraded on him much earlier.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Disgusting the way some people on this forum talk about players, 'Knob Holding' bet he thought he was clever with that one. Such a shame.

Coming from the guy who made a terrorist joke about AFC Bell..

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Chambers was one of our best players this season before the injury. Can cover at RB and DMC too - I think we should definitely keep him. What’s the point of helping a player through rehab and then selling him - We did the same with Santi and look at his numbers this year.

Chambers could give us some interesting options if we want to experiment with different midfield system. He is a solid CB who makes fewer mistakes than Mustafi and Luiz and can cover for RB when needed.
If we do sell him, it will be for something like 20m, which is definitely not worth it considering what he can bring to our squad.

Not every player needs to be a starter and we will need someone reliable like him throughout the season. It's basically the same situation as with AMN.

I completely agree with the list of players you've mentioned that should be sold before we ever think about selling Chambers or AMN, and would add Özil, Elneny, Mkhy and 1-2 younger guys to that list

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

We need to sell all those you mentioned plus Chambers, none of them are good enough. Chambers couldn't even get a regular CB start at Fulham, it was only when they played him in the middle that he did well, they still got relegated and he's not gonna play in the middle for us. Sell!

OSBK

Established Member
Its quite simple really. If chambers leaves do city pool,chelsea or utd come calling or is it fulham. If its fulham then wtf is this guy doing at our club.

DennisTheLegend

We need to sell all those you mentioned plus Chambers, none of them are good enough. Chambers couldn't even get a regular CB start at Fulham, it was only when they played him in the middle that he did well, they still got relegated and he's not gonna play in the middle for us. Sell!

I get what you are saying - But we need squad players. We don’t want to be relying on youth if a couple from Saliba, Luiz or Gabriel are injured or suspended.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
So we're getting rid of him and Holding. But I see no stories about Mustafi leaving.

Answers on a postcard Edu

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I get what you are saying - But we need squad players. We don’t want to be relying on youth if a couple from Saliba, Luiz or Gabriel are injured or suspended.
The reality is we wont be able to sell them all anyway. Mustafi for eg, injured, not sure what his salary is. Kola, high salary. Chambers & Holding are the easiest defenders to sell, maybe Sok too. We wont leave ourselves short. Even if we did sell them all, Saliba, Gabriel, Luis & Mari is enough. I'm sure Mustafi will make it 5 anyway.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Like it or not, Luiz, Mustafi, Gabriel and Saliba will probably be our cb options next year with Kola and Tierney able to drop into a 3 if needed. We have Mavrapanos on loan.

I like Chambers, but can anybody see him becoming first choice here? He may look at it the same.

Chambers should be first choice RB going on his peformances prior to his injury.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom