• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League Group Stage: Sevilla 1 - 2 Arsenal | Tuesday 24th October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-Arsenal-vs-Sevilla-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231021-204506.png

Prediction

Sevilla 1-1 Arsenal

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
There’s no doubt that signings are always a club effort, scouts, data analysts, director of football, contract negotiators, director of football, manager and CEO are all involved at some stage. To what extent each is responsible for which players is never truly known.

Nobody knew the amount of influence of stat DNA and Gazidis etc a few years ago but fans like a simplistic story, Arsène was to blame for Mustafi, and Arteta is to be praised for Ødegaard. All part of the established narratives.
You were the one making this simple narrative (Unai for martinelli) and you are calling that out yourself :lol:This is what @SA Gunner is trying to point

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You were the one making this simple narrative (Unai for martinelli) and you are calling that out yourself :lol:This is what @SA Gunner is trying to point
You guys are way too sensitive. Martinelli was indeed signed during Unai's reign. But it's likely that Edu made the recommendation.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No doubt he scouted him. But there was an article in the Daily Mail about Edu's involvement. It comes back to what I was saying about multiple people being involved in transfer deals.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No doubt he scouted him. But there was an article in the Daily Mail about Edu's involvement. It comes back to what I was saying about multiple people being involved in transfer deals.

I don't think there was anything wrong with what you said just now, I think crediting Emery with Martinelli a while ago some had a problem with.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't think there was anything wrong with what you said just now, I think crediting Emery with Martinelli a while ago some had a problem with.
The problem I had today was praising Saka, Martinelli and Salibi for their performance. Lol.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There’s no doubt that signings are always a club effort, scouts, data analysts, director of football, contract negotiators, director of football, manager and CEO are all involved at some stage. To what extent each is responsible for which players is never truly known.

Nobody knew the amount of influence of stat DNA and Gazidis etc a few years ago but fans like a simplistic story, Arsène was to blame for Mustafi, and Arteta is to be praised for Ødegaard. All part of the established narratives.

You can apply this to every single signing we make Trax, yes even from the Wenger days.

And that is fundamentally the point I’m making. You are showing your colours by not wanting to credit Arteta directly for the signings made. Talking about Unai Emery signing Saliba but the scouts, analysts, signing someone like Jesus for example.

And it’s not about being sensitive either. It’s ok to have a particular bias for or against a manager or person at the club. We all do it and some carry specific agendas here as well.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You can apply this to every single signing we make Trax, yes even from the Wenger days.

And that is fundamentally the point I’m making. You are showing your colours by not wanting to credit Arteta directly for the signings made. Talking about Unai Emery signing Saliba but the scouts, analysts, signing someone like Jesus for example.

And it’s not about being sensitive either. It’s ok to have a particular bias for or against a manager or person at the club. We all do it and some carry specific agendas here as well.
No manager specifically himself signs any player. Surely that's a given. Saliba was signed during Unai's period in charge, but various people were actually involved in the move. There was an article in the Express saying that Fabregas, who'd just moved to Monaco was involved in the recommendation to buy him. "The former Spain international admits he had a conversation with an ex-Arsenal scout around the time the Gunners signed the defender."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom