• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League Group Stage: Sevilla 1 - 2 Arsenal | Tuesday 24th October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-Arsenal-vs-Sevilla-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231021-204506.png

Prediction

Sevilla 1-1 Arsenal

dino bravo

Son. It's you who is supporting City. Sure you don't have a sky-blue shirt in your closet? I want Arsenal to win the league regardless of all other results, you prefer Man U losing to City. Say no more.
Never met an 'Arsenal fan' who likes Man Utd, but each to their own. Congrats on the win against Copenhagen sonny.

First person I have had to put on ignore.

Halcyon Daze

Not clicked yet this season, many agree, however two points behind a team at the top of the league who will plummet very shortly. Beaten City for the first time in six years. Top of the our CL group after beating one of the trickiest, yet revered clubs in recent European cup history (couldn’t give a f*ck about their league position, it’s still Sevilla). All this without being at our best, which I’m confident will come. Yet melts on here want a new manager to disrupt our clear trajectory.

About time some positivity is injected here FFS.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I thought we defended very good all game apart from that corner

We still have this problem we lose focus after getting comfortable we got too sloppy in set piece.

Its shame because if that Sevilla goal didn't come we'd probably get more goals they were dead after our 2nd goal

Ya it was super annoying, Sevilla were cooked and we got sure would have scored another if we didn't cocede from the corner.

We have an annoying habit of making comfortable positions away in Europe become nervy affairs.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Reasing here you'd think we just lost 0-3 to FK Crvena Zvezda.
Here’s the thing. Football results comes down to fine margins including things like injuries and referees which we cannot control, which is why the focus tends to be on the performances.

You can be both happy with a win and disappointed with elements of the performance.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Overall performance i think was good definitely better than that horrible 1st half at Chelsea.

We still searching of last season performance there lack of fluidity despite we scoring 26 times in all competitions this season i feel we not creating enough.

We averaging 2 goals a game and with defense like ours that win you most games but something is missing upfront

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Here’s the thing. Football results comes down to fine margins including things like injuries and referees which we cannot control, which is why the focus tends to be on the performances.

You can be both happy with a win and disappointed with elements of the performance.
We played well though until they scored from a set piece. Could've had another couple of goals before that as well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'd be a lot more forgiving if it was a once off and not the theme of this season.
Even if we were on fire in the league I don't think tonight's performance would have been much different. Arsenal historically have been very poor on the road in Europe. Atleast tonight was an improvement on the Lens game. We had at least 4 or 5 clear goal scoring chances.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We played well though until they scored from a set piece. Could've had another couple of goals before that as well.
I agree but I can understand the sentiment that we’re lacking fluidity and purpose in our general play overall. It is slow and pensive.

Big picture: We’ve lost 1, drawn 3 and won 7 while being in 2nd gear, having played City, Chelsea, United, Sp**s, PSV and Sevilla so I really don’t think anyone’s got much to complain about with results.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I agree but I can understand the sentiment that we’re lacking fluidity and purpose in our general play overall. It is slow and pensive.

Big picture: We’ve lost 1, drawn 3 and won 7 while being in 2nd gear, having played City, Chelsea, United, Sp**s, PSV and Sevilla so I really don’t think anyone’s got much to complain about with results.

Yeah you don't go through a fixture list like that unbeaten and complain about the results FFS :lol: only lost to Lens which tbh was complacency anyway

Diesel

Damn Martin "Better than Gerrard and Lampard" Ødegaard. What an awesome follow up performance to Saturday. Sheffield United couldn't come soon enough.

Legend14

Established Member
I would always play Tomi in competitive away matches. Tough for teams to get through our steel curtain even with their crowd giving them energy. It’s deflating for the home team.

andeoch1

Ramsdale needs to start again. Give him the same leash Arteta gives to Raya. He’s a much better goalkeeper and can still get better with his distribution. When push comes to shove, we will need Ramsdale for his high quality saves much more than we need Raya’s distribution.
“Raya’s distribution” sounds like an oxymoron at the moment 🤦

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Great win overall, not an easy ground to come and take three points especially with how **** our record is in Europe. First half was good, Jesus was outstanding, Rice was great.

Love watching Sevilla rile up United Madrid etc but good Lord no worse team in Europe to play against.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Also Jorginho needs to go man. For more than ten years now we always load ourselves up with some Chelsea cripple Cech Luiz him etc, he never was mobile now his passing is in the toilet too.

Raya another West London bumm, imagine being centre half with this shaky dosser behind you won't be long until our whole backline looks like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom