• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs. Olympiacos - 29/9/15 - 7.45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Must win game now. Play our best team, virtually the team that played vs Leicester.... but with Arteta in for Flamini.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
In our first group game I was one of the few who said we need to play with minimal changes regardless of our fixtures because a good start is vital. Now we have no choice as we have to win. Forget all about Utd its on Sun and this game is Tue, plenty of time to rest. Our strongest team for both games then we have a weeks rest.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ofcourse we play our best team. we should always play our best team in the CL. It's the CL ffs! Unless of course it's the last match of the group stage in which we have already qualified as group leaders.

ScotVieira

Established Member
This is not the appropriate time for rotating or resting players just so they can go and exert themselves during the international break. We have to play our strongest 11 and rest them only if we are very comfortably ahead in the game.

There's time enough to rest for the manure game and there is no travel involved too.

StoppageTime

One of my best mates supports olympiakos, reckons they're quietly confident going into this. Won all their games so far, greek league I know, but after Zagreb we can't afford to turn our nose up at anyone imo. Team attitude will be crucial for this. We just cant afford this 'turn up thinking its already won' nonsense.

Agreed with earlier posts though, if we do manage a few early goals, rest Walcott for yanited. Looks in a different league to Giroud atm. You know Özil prefers lasering balls to Theo as well.

I would like to see this Team:

Cech
Debuchy Gabriel Mertesacker Gibbs
Ramsey Arteta
Campbell Özil Alexis
Walcott

--> Rest our fullbacks, we need them sharp and fit against United
--> Campbell works harder than Ox defensively, so Debuchy wont be exposed again
--> give Koscielny a rest, because he has been running up and down last game. Don´t risk an inury.

Smash them in the first half, be 3-0 up and sub Özil, Alexis und Walcott early.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta and Flamini not available Coq back to training yesterday according to Wenger.

So it's looks Ramsey Cazorla in middle.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta not available?

Knew he couldn't play twice a week. I'd take a draw right now. A midfield of Özil-Cazorla-Ramsey with Chamberlain not bothering to track anyone...doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We'd have to go full strength regardless of the result in Zagreb. It's tricky group and having bayern back to back will be tough and we're going to need all the points we can get.

Reckon we only rest Coquelin, have my doubts about Arteta coping with this many games in such short amount of time.

EDIT: crap, had not seen the Arteta-Flamini news...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So if Arteta & Flamini are out Ox is going to have to step up.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal
Ramsey Cazorla
Ox Özil Alexis
Walcott

This will be too much pace for most teams, we just need to keep it tight at the back.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I would go with that one @tap-in just posted, but looks like its the only one we can play, since no way Wenger wont take this any less then 100% serious.

Dont think Per is 100% otherwise I would like to rest Kos for once

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
For him to stay fit for a whole season. Wenger said it last year that only cure for his injury that keeps following him is getting rest.
CB position is where we have most depth today so we can easily do that. Per said he is not 100% ready so Kos wont get rest anyway

nicky47

Established Member
I'm almost always quiet on predicting scores, I never like to do it. But for this one, I want us to, and expect us to smash them! I'll be so disappointed if after Saturdays game we don't bring that pace and clinical finishing to our attack at The Emirates... We need a strong performance at our home ground before tougher teams arrive. (Man U, Everton, Bayern).

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The Greeks don't travel well & I must admit I don;t know much about their team, except that last time they were here, we were fortunate to beat them & that generally they have a competitive team.

One thing for sure-if there is ANY doubt about Le Coq, don't play him! It would be an unmitigated disaster to lose him long term.

Arsène's transfer dithering once again coming back to bite him squarely on the Arse. He never learns though:(. He cannot depend on a 30+ injury prone Arteta & a 30+ headless chicken Flamini as back-ups for the fiery Coquelin. It's madness and any long term injury to Le Coq will derail our season imo.

This is a must-win game but can we win without a recognized DM? I would hope so.

3pts is the objective, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom