• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs. Olympiacos - 29/9/15 - 7.45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hmmm I think he really has decided Ospina will play CL games. He probably isnt being explicit so he has the option to bring in Cech should he feel the need - without offending Ospina too much.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Ospina never did anything wrong since he arrived and deserves to play regularly. That wont happen while Cech is fit but I dont mind those rotations, if true. Its not an usual thing to do, but its a nice way to keep your 2 class keepers fit and ready

Don't like the idea of gk rotation in CL-as long as I don't like to say it this is a must win for us if we do not to put us in a position to win 6 points against Bayern so I would like to see strongest lineup possible. Give Ospina FA, CC and matches in group of CL in case we are already through - still he will be out after the season regardless given CL matches or not.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
WHYYYYYYY? I've never seen a goalkeeper need so much rest? What is the problem with Cech?
LOL - article is trying to hint Ospina was at fault for our loss - couldn't be further from the truth.

Tbh - noone should mind him taking on games as he's been better than cech so far this season. (Though we know cech at his best is most likely better than Ospina)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
In terms of quality I dont have a problem with Ospina playing CL games. However, Cech is still building his relationship with the defenders, surely the more they play together the better that partnership will be. For that reason I would give Ospina CC and FA games and play Cech in PL & CL.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ospina did well last season, but Cech is simply better and should play CL. Give Opsina the domestic cups.

Bit of a defeatist mentality: 'we're not going to win the damn thing anyway, so let's not play our best goalie'.

onetowatch

Real Madrid have done the same in recent years - a GK for the league and one for the cups and CL.

I disagree tbh. CL and the PL are the premier competitions in which you should play your best goalkeeper.

Let's hope he doesn't cost us. Let's not forget him and Giroud were the biggest culprits in our exit to Monaco last season. Had Szczezny played, we'd have been through...I'm convinced of it.

nicky47

Established Member
I'm more than happy to see rotation in the team, I envy teams that are capable of doing it. But we do have to be careful with who we choose, this is a MASSIVE game tonight, so I'm hoping there won't be that many changes.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Really hope Wenger starts Cech and not with this silly keeper rotation in such a vital match tonight.
Drop points here, and we could seriously be looking at going out in group stages, because I think the max we'll get from Bayern is 1 point.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I sure hope Wenger doesn't rotate more than 2 players tonight. Don't understand this Capital one cup mentality he showed against Zagreb where he feels we need to rotate most of our team for CL games.

The CL is a massive competition and he needs to show it more respect. Our squad is big but it doesn't have the quality in depth to be able to rotate massively and get wins against tough opponents in Europe.

Alk

I wish the best for Arsenal tonight, I hope for a 7-0 since Juve has currently the record (7-1), I am going to have a pizza tonight enjoying that clown called olympiacos who steals the championships in greece for 15 years and keeps being the european circus :D hope you are not unlucky (panathinaikos fan and arsenal as my favourite team in UK)

Jasinho

Strongest lines up for me please, none of this resting and fringe player bullsh*t that cost us so dearly in the first game against what should've been the weakest team in the group. We should be playing our strongest line up in all games except the league cup for the first 3 or 4 months then start integrating fringes with rotation.

Hope our players are up for this game, too often we've been found wanting for hunger and energy this season, that needs to change and change for the long term. I feel we've just about found our chance conversion ability with Sanchez back among the goals and Walcott and Giroud scoring on the weekend. With Özil and Cazorla's creativity we should be going on a good scoring run for a while.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Coq Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Sanchez
Walcott

What I'd expect for tonight but Wenger might throw in an Ox and a Giroud there.
3-1 to Arsenal.

Alk

Actually, I am afraid of Arsenal's defence.. they are always not consistent enough.. and personally I believe that this is the reason that Arsenal hasn't more championships.. weak defence line and not a really good player as DM .. hopefully, olympiacos doesn't have a scorer as last year, Dominguez is really dangerous but I heard that he is not playing.. so I will be really happy to see a 3-0 tonight.. :lol:

Let's be honest, we will not win the league or any HUGE competition till Wenger leaves, he's past it. Klopp, Ancelotti both available, personally I would like to see a young manager with new ideas, a good transfer policy and the tactics of younger Wenger.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Strongest lines up for me please, none of this resting and fringe player bullsh*t that cost us so dearly in the first game against what should've been the weakest team in the group. We should be playing our strongest line up in all games except the league cup for the first 3 or 4 months then start integrating fringes with rotation.

Hope our players are up for this game, too often we've been found wanting for hunger and energy this season, that needs to change and change for the long term. I feel we've just about found our chance conversion ability with Sanchez back among the goals and Walcott and Giroud scoring on the weekend. With Özil and Cazorla's creativity we should be going on a good scoring run for a while.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Coq Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Sanchez
Walcott

What I'd expect for tonight but Wenger might throw in an Ox and a Giroud there.
3-1 to Arsenal.

Wenger definitely 100%, stake my life on it, and all my family, and my friends and their friends, be throwing Giroud on at any point!

He's banned! :)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Need a win tonight, embarrassing that we lost to ****ing Dinamo, if we don't win comfortably there will be questions asked, AGAIN.
If we don't pick up three points tonight may start looking forward to the Europa League and that's being optimistic.

If we don't pick up three points tonight may start looking forward to the Europa League and that's being optimistic.
I agree, personally no chance of us winning the league this season, im not a pessimist but a realist, our fans need to start realising that, the transfer window, bad tactics and same old every year is becoming ridiculous rather than defending Wenger.

Jasinho

Wenger definitely 100%, stake my life on it, and all my family, and my friends and their friends, be throwing Giroud on at any point!

He's banned! :)

Ha! Forgot he went full ***** and got sent off in the last game. In that case, Joel might actually get somewhere near the pitch and away from his Gunnersaurus costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom