• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs. Olympiacos - 29/9/15 - 7.45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why are people leaving Coq out? According to Wenger he'll be fit to play.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal
Coq Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Walcott

JENSON_GUNNER

Cech
Coq Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Walcott

Don't think Coquelin is ready yet. No one wants to risk Coq with difficult games to come. Worst case scenario is to play Chambers as a DM.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Coq Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Walcott
What Wenger says and what is true are very different. Most would rather give him that extra bit of rest rather than rush him back.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I don't want to risk losing or drawing a CL match, especially not one at home. I would have Coq play if he's fit.

JENSON_GUNNER

If Coquelin is fit, he will definitely play. No other DM in our team other than Bielik. He is playing as a centre back for the U-21s these days.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I dont see Campbell instead of Ox or Ramsey. That is a romantic wish based on the hope that somehow Campbell will come good, which he will not.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Could well see Gibbs starting tomorrow actually, after his impressive performance against Sp**s.

As long as Bellerin is on the other side!

ChampagneFootball

This game is in the awkward position of being close to an afterthought but also being an absolute must win. Total effort and commitment needed and then on to United.

Speaking of which, I've just noticed that in true Mike Riley form the referee for Sunday is an 'Altrincham' fan from Manchester. Brilliant!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would go with that one @tap-in just posted, but looks like its the only one we can play, since no way Wenger wont take this any less then 100% serious.

Dont think Per is 100% otherwise I would like to rest Kos for once

Yeh your right it is the only one we can play really.

tbh it highlights the fact that our squad is not as deep as many think. We have Giroud banned, Coq, Arteta & Flamini injured, and the team picks its self! Take into account that Arteta & Flamini are really just emergency cover and it shows we are pretty fragile.

As for rest, we play Tue then Sun, Kos will be fine

Hegemony

-----------------Cech-----------------
Bellerin--Gabriel--Koscielny--Gibbs
-----------Ramsey--Cazorla----------
Oxlade-----------Özil----------Alexis
-----------------Walcott--------------

Those niggling injuries are stacking up and it feels all too familiar. On the bright side we should be dealing with Olympiacos easily. Can't see us failing at home and after the disaster in Croatia.

Think we'll win. 2-0, both goals coming in the second half. Nervy first 45.

Bould14

It's a must win, and I can only see the manager giving the nod to Ramsey and OX. Wenger hopefully gives Ramsey specific instructions to not push up thus not leaving Cazorla exposed.

RuskyAdam

I'm not too worried about tomorrow (although I have had to eat those words before), but still expecting a routine win, 3-0.

Perfect game for Alexis to score and start a nice scoring run.

Looking forward to it, COYG!!

Jaywood Mac

Interesting to see who Wenger selects at centre back next to Kos against Olympiacos and the Mancs. He rates Per highly and sees him as an experienced leader in the side, hard to see him being dropped when fit. However in reality he should be. Hope Wenger pushes through the Gab, Kos partnership for the season now. Especially starting on the weekend.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I dont see Campbell instead of Ox or Ramsey. That is a romantic wish based on the hope that somehow Campbell will come good, which he will not.
Ramsey might be rested if Le Coq is fit.

Our midfield could well be Ramsey, Cazorla & Özil if le Coq isn't passed fit. The Ox & Alexis out wide with Theo up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom