• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 14/09/04

Kyla

Why are we so cagey. I know it's our first CL game and all, but come on, this is PSV and we are potential CL winners. We looked so nervous towards the end- when PSV finally decided to have a go that is. We ain't even gonna get close to that trophy!

afrodizzy

We have done it this time we can adopt the motto that the results are all that matter. There was no style at all in our play , there dotted flashes of brilliance from Jose & Pires but nothing to write home about. Henry had a quiet game though you can say the only goal scored was created by him so did Bergkamp not influental at all.

Arsenal might turn out to be France all teams we are playing from now are aware of how good we are, they are then strying to stiffle our flow of play.

Sigun

the second half remined me of the last time we played in the champions leauge....

good win for the boys.

Bergkamp should have been subbed, though u could see he was out to impress

reyes has showed that his best position is striker, i thought he should have been moved upfront, to be more in the game thus being more effective.

plus who would have though Gilbertos had skill!!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Kyla said:
Why are we so cagey. I know it's our first CL game and all, but come on, this is PSV and we are potential CL winners. We looked so nervous towards the end- when PSV finally decided to have a go that is. We ain't even gonna get close to that trophy!

Its 3 points..and i think thats all Wenger wanted..actually its good to see that we can actually play for a 1-0 win without resorting to going up for that 2-0 cushion. 3 points!! This win doesn't say **** about our potential of winning the CL. Even if it was 5-0. So lets not start making judgements..its too early. lets enjoy our 3 points..and a CLEAN **** even with cygan for those cygan haters..

lodi

come on now..it`s the first game of the tournament for us and the players are likely to get a little nervous..it will get much better over next games,plus a clean sheet is very good!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
3 Points is good enough for me... we can win every match 1-0 and i would be happy..

could have been a better performance, but at least we showed we could win a match that the opponent throws 8-10 men behind the ball all the time... we will get that a lot in the CL, and if we can win all those matches 1-0, we will be champs...

but for now, we are 1-0-0 3 pts.. joint top of the table.. good enough start

champions04

I'm just greatful for the 3 points. At least we weren't hammered 3-0 this time. Even though it was a more cautious match

n_henry

A 1-0 from an own goal?
Well, it obviously wasn't as glorious as I was hoping for, but it is 3 points.
From the look of this thread, it seems that we didn't exactly play all that well..and Bergy in particular was significantly below the form he's so far shown in the EPL this season? :?

Still, very early days yet. This is much better than last season's opening match thrashing at the hands of Inter. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom