• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal | Wed 4th Nov 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Europa is a disaster. You can only rest some of the team which means you are risking a lot of players. And its a thursday so they will be shattered for the league.

Staying in the CL wiĺl cost us any hope of the league. Simple. Dont know why people get offended by that suggestion. We're on fumes as it is.

:confused::lol: So what's best?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Because we'd still be obliged to send first team players to all corners of Europe in the Europa. You get punished if you don't, right. This notion of it being easier on our squad is a false one, unless the rules have changed...

Oh im talking about wanting to go out of Europe entirely. Wanting that seems a bit taboo but its for the good of our season. No CL no Europa.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
We need to somehow work out how we can protect Özil, Caz, Coq and maybe Kos (with the achilles) if we do stay in the CL we're going to have to sacrifice them in the FA Cup.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oh, right! :eek:ops: Nah, I'd rather try and beat Olympiakos 2-0 or 3-1. Seems the easiest option tbf.

Whats the desire after that? Not going to win the cuo are we and itll damage the league campaign?

blaze_of_glory

He's only four months younger than Zouma and six months younger than Stones. I should be seeing more signs of ability.
Well he was looking pretty good last year when he was playing more than once every month.

A loan would probably do him good, but we'd be down to only 3 CBs.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
As long as the fans dont lose their heads and act like idiots, Ill take out of europe, into europe or whatever.
The league is the target this season and we have a big chance. Lets keep our cool.

Wilshere's Right

Thoughts on the match are that Wenger got the lineup completely wrong. You can't play two players with barely 180 mins of football between them this season on the same side. We literally had no right side for half the match. You saw once Gibbs came on we looked far more threatening. We actually looked quite decent for a lot of the second half.

But that first half was suicidal. I don't know what we were doing but we kept on backing off them when they got close to our box. The last goal irritated me the most. It was 2 on 6! No one closing down, two on one and leaving Muller free. Just poor poor poor.

Özil played great as we're now accustomed to this season.

We really missed Koscielny and Bellerin. More so than Walcott and Ramsey.

Cech should of done better with the second goal and possibly the third and fifth.

Still, not bothered too much about this. We knew we basically have to batter Olympiakos and Dinamo to go through. Just hope Bayern smash em.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So the only way we don't let our PL challenge become affected is by finishing 4th in our CL group. I dont understand people saying tonight's game was not important, lets focus on Sp**s. Of course it was important!

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
As long as we beat Tottenham I'm happy. 90% of us expected a loss in this game, especially when the injuries started rolling in.

Win against Tottenham, and regroup after the international break. Walcott, Chamberlain and Ramsey back will be a huge bonus. We'll also be creeping towards Christmas and hopefully seeing the light with Welbeck, Wilshere et al.
Basically this, we are still in the best place we have been in for years, at this stage of the season. Win on Sunday and this has been a very good week. It gets better from here.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel I noticed needs to work on springing the offside trap . Hasn't cost us before but he's been caught out quite a few times now .

He had an awful game, and I'm reading that Mertesacker criticised him on german tv(not seen any quotes yet, so not sure if exaggerated.) I rate Gabriel highly, but he still has a lot to learn.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He had an awful game, and I'm reading that Mertesacker criticised him on german tv(not seen any quotes yet, so not sure if exaggerated.) I'm rate Gabriel highly, but he still has a lot to learn.

He does against the teams with guile and nous and clever movement .

AVENTUS

I'm actually not to angry about this result sure the scoreline was shocking but at least we best "Europe's best team" at home.

Hope the lads don't feel to disappointed. We creates chances at least just didn't put them away.

ChampagneFootball

We have certain players who have a skill set tailor made to a game like tonight and everyone of them was injured. Theo, Bellerin, Koscielny and Ramsey would have been vital if we were to pull it off. To be without all of those is rotten luck.

I guess 5-1 is considered a thrashing but for a thrashing I seen an unusual amount of positives. Özil was class throughout the game I thought and arguably the best player on the entire pitch, Coquelin was very good, Nacho was good and Giroud was very good even though I didn't think he suited the fixture.

The negatives are equally abudant obviously.. but most of them are down to the injuries. However, I'll admit that I thought Mertesacker was extremely poor and Cazorla was unusually bad too. Gabriel looked like he was finding it difficult. Alexis looks tired.. tactically I think we gave them too much time in the hope they'd waste a lot of chances like they did at the Emirates.

Last but not least, I will say that Hector Bellerin is vital to this team. I really, really hope he is available for the NLD. His pace helps no end, especially beside Mertesacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom