• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Henry IV

I didn't see the game but that's an excellent result. The ECL cash cow is so important especially now with the new stadium.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i have a lot of respect for dinamo's ultras... they kept on singing even when they're 3-0 down!

you're so true with your team...

i just got to respect you guys for that...

:(

Too good, or more precisely - too classy.

I thought we played well for the first hour, maybe even better than Arsenal. We created chances but didn't take them. Vugrinec going off early didn't help us - i'm convinced that if he stayed on we would have scored. But one thing can't be denied - Arse are just a great side.

Cracking atmosphere, the fans wre awesome and deserved a better result than that but **** happens. Hopefully we'll put in a better performane in London. The experience of playing one of Europe's best will do us the world of good.

Good luck against Villa but realistically i don't think you'll need it.

PS: Any thoughts on Dinamo, how you think they played, how they'd go in the premiership etc. would be interesting to hear from Arse fans, thanks.

gunnerturk

Purger said:
I am proud in a way. We had our chances and we missed them. That's it. If we could keep our heads clear for more than 60 minutes the match could have gone in diferent way. As someone posted before, we played Arsenal, which I find one of the world's top and it's not a shame to lose.
But the most proud I am of my BBB fellas. All those racism violence etc things are proved to be just a pile of crap. The north stand is probably still singing out there.
Action speaks louder than words. You have proved those who were accusing you with all that slur wrong. Well done to all BBB.

otfgoon

Established Member
Zagreb fans never stopped chanting :D have to say thier fans lived up to thier reputation (the good part).

maxxx

Man, i am so looking forward to the new season and a couple of new signings.

We look so good already. Everyone looks so dynamic and mobile.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Exiled In Newcastle said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Well that win has got rid of most of the Dinamo fans that came on here all at the same time. See ya!

Good ridens! :roll:

And I have noticed that throughout this thread you have quite often made rude and nasty comments to people who were just supporting their team.

In future please treat foreign fans that are trying to sensibly support their team on this forum some respect.

I was being rude, as some just came on here saying we will lose...this and that. :roll:

Why spoil the fun now that we have won?

Come on - they support their team they arenot likely to come on to our forum and say 'We've got no hope please spank us oh masterful ones'

It's what football supporters say. It's what football is about.

You caught the flak but there have been a lot of other smug and/or rude posts in this thread. It's just not the Arsenal way. Whenever we get drawn against a foreign team the first thing happens is what happened in the thread that was closed. Idiots. Probably happens to English clubs more than other clubs because we're too rude to learn languages but, hey. You'll notice they fell into what ended up as a rather nice trap (we'll have to remember that - have a thread about the match, catch the nutters and abandon it) and they were gone. Then we were left with genuine fans who posted on here in English their genuine thoughts about the game. I've certainly learnt a lot and often when a Dinamo player was mentioned the only reason I knew absolutely anything about him was because of what Dinamo fans had told us about their team.

Let us deal with the rude ones, but let's all respect genuine fans of other clubs who come here to talk football.

Allyboy

Established Member
Dinamo put in a fantastic effort tonight, there was no disgrace in their loss.

Their fans were also a credit too, lets hope they draw Tottenham in the UEFA Cup and knock them out! :D

Viper

Established Member
What a fantastic result. I didn't expect us to beat Zagreb so comfortably.

Adebayor played quite well. Fabregas was simply awesome. He will be one of the best midfielders in the world, if not the best.

It was great to see Fabregas scored two good goals - this shows he is capable of scoring a few for us. It is also pleasing to see Van Persie scoring, as I hope he will be Henry's strike partner. It's a shame Flamini score the fourth from Hleb's pass as that would've defintely killed them off. Doesn't matter too much though - 3 goals is a massive advantage.

I am defintely looking forward for the start of the Premiership.

It does seem like Reyes will leave though, seeing as he didn't play.

thegame24

Established Member
yea crazy fans, much better than highbury, i dont think any top team would lose a game with support like that at home.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Sorry I thought all the rude fans still remained on the forum, but were tollerated as they were supporting their team, fair enough the good BBB must have caught me at a bad time as I felt the idiots were still around.

otfgoon

Established Member
Just like to add that Rosicky and Hleb cutting in so much really took a lot of pressure/responsibilty of Gilberto who has a solid game. Just how it used to be with the old bobby and freddy.

lee1001

Established Member
Anyone listened to the audio link of Fabregas from BBC website?

Mother ****ing vultures the media. Cnuts!!!!

Hardly any questions about the game.

Is Reyes leaving?
Have you tried to convince Reyes to stay?
Why did you hug him when you scored?
Are YOU staying Cesc?
Are you negotiating a new contract?
How hard will it be to replace Cole?
How do the other players feel about all your players being linked to other clubs?

They make me sick!!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

AussieDinamoFan said:
:(

Too good, or more precisely - too classy.

I thought we played well for the first hour, maybe even better than Arsenal. We created chances but didn't take them. Vugrinec going off early didn't help us - i'm convinced that if he stayed on we would have scored. But one thing can't be denied - Arse are just a great side.

Cracking atmosphere, the fans wre awesome and deserved a better result than that but s**t happens. Hopefully we'll put in a better performane in London. The experience of playing one of Europe's best will do us the world of good.

Good luck against Villa but realistically i don't think you'll need it.

PS: Any thoughts on Dinamo, how you think they played, how they'd go in the premiership etc. would be interesting to hear from Arse fans, thanks.

As you said ,technical football you played. Modric looks a good prospect , already knew that though, when the Croatia were in our group in the world cup.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
AussieDinamoFan said:

My first thought is that your team played football for 90 minutes. Not as well as us but never the less you played football for 90 minutes and I'm absolutely certain that if you look around in the morning there will be some very nice quotes about you from Wenger.

As for how you'd do in the Premiership then my honest opinion is that you'd get badly relegated if you played like that.

I'm just judging you on 90 minutes and it was on tv not live so I've not seen the whole picture at all, but in pure terms I'd say you's be one of the teams that maybe didn't fear relegation right 'til the end but you'd be thinking about it 'til fairly late. But that's in 'pure' terms and unfortunately if you're in that zone in the Premiership you need a nastiness to survive and progress.

We call it FatSamBall.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom