• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
well i thought etto and modric were dinamo's best offensive players and if the game had gone 0-0, i would give your GK the MoM but that wasn't the case...

sometimes i think that your team relied too much for etto to initiate your attacking movements but seeing that etto faced hoyte, i guess it was quite logical as hoyte was exposed for quite a number of time throughout the whole game...

modric was a nuisance... he constantly made meaningless run and when you know it, he's already in front of the box waiting to pounce on the ball.... he's really unpredictable... he should polish his shots because he looked like a promising player to me...

all in all, as a team, you were decent, but if i have to point out to specific players, etto and modric win it for me...

goonerz49

AussieDinamoFan said:
PS: Any thoughts on Dinamo, how you think they played, how they'd go in the premiership etc. would be interesting to hear from Arse fans, thanks.

i didn't think you were adventurous enough, no offence but i think dinamo's #1 priority at the start was to not lose rather then to win, even at 2-0 down you were playing with 10 men behind the ball most of the time which i couldn't believe, but to be fair you created some chances and i think you maybe deserved a goal, ****ing brilliant fans though

jimjamz

I see we all keep (quite rightly) praising the dinamo fans for their support,jus hope we all remember how good they were and make emirates into a fortress, so loud they can hear it up in manc-****e-ster

nazo

Established Member
Btw people, there is still a second leg eh.
You never know what could happen ;)

Good game and good result. Bring on Villa.

Realwood

lee1001 said:
Anyone listened to the audio link of Fabregas from BBC website?

Mother f****g vultures the media. Cnuts!!!!

Hardly any questions about the game.

Is Reyes leaving?
Have you tried to convince Reyes to stay?
Why did you hug him when you scored?
Are YOU staying Cesc?
Are you negotiating a new contract?
How hard will it be to replace Cole?
How do the other players feel about all your players being linked to other clubs?

They make me sick!!

Just listened to it. He handled it very well I must say. He has a good head on him and I hope he stays for a long time. Future captain in the making.

They are just doing their job, those are questions that need to be asked.

daniel

Hey guys...
Just got back from the game...
Imagine what it was like for me. I saw Arsenal, my favourite abroad team, a team i have made a web page for, for the first time. And it had to be against my home team, against the team I was tought to live for. Dinamo.
I went to the stadium dressed in the Dinamo shirt, and I sang with the rest of the stadium. Everything was going well...
But then, I saw some gooners raising an Arsenal flag wich said ''Land and Sea AFC''. That got to me. The gooner inside me was awaken. I wished that I was on the south stand so I can shout Arsenal from the bottom of my lungs.
Then, when the game started, it was all Dinamo for me again... Or so I thought at the moment. Every now and then I took a look at the south stand and got mixed emotions. I couldn't support Arsenal, or Dinamo for that matter, and that was pissing me off. I didn't care who wins.
A few times i found myself jumping and getting angry whe Arsenal was in danger and some times I was doing the same with Dinamo...
Well, no when I look at it, I'm glad I saw Arsenal, and I hope to see it many more times. I hope to get to the Arsenal game when they play someone else, and then I'll show that I'm a true Gooner.
Arsenal till I die...

hujja

Established Member
markheath said:
Rosicky really looks the business as a Pires replacement - incisive with the ball and willing to chase back and win a tackle.

That's where the similarity between Bobby and Tomas ends. Thank goodness he can track back.

Kenyonhater

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Re ... rss&feed=5

Laughably biased review. We were lucky, apparently.

"By the end of the half Wenger was roaming his technical area in frustration at his side's inability to combat Zagreb's attacking threat. The Croatian champions sensed a shock and Arsenal greeted the half-time whistle with relief akin to the manner in which a weary boxer welcomes the bell while slumped on the ropes."

WTF!?

VCC

USArsenal said:
VCC said:
Well done to the lads. :)
WHOA... where the f*** did YOU come from dear?? nice to see you checking from time to time!

Well, the fact is that this site just wouldn't be the same without me. ;)

Besides, I have to let you people know I'm still alive from time to time.

Dinamovac69

Congratulations to Arsenal for the deserved win. Although it was kinda too high IMHO, but however. Dinamo played pretty solid till the 63./64. minute when everything was over. That's what the world class teams are about. They just do it when it counts. And I was right when I've said that I'm not really happy with our defenders Cvitanovic and Cale, especially Cvitanovic is too slow. Too bad Vugrinec got injured early, so Eduardo was almost alone. Modric played a very good match, like this guy.

And I just have to say one thing: I love our fans!

VCC

I need a new avatar - I'm thinking something of Gilberto.

Look at me, just showing up and highjacking a thread like I own the place. Ahh, the good ol' days...

Thommybhoy

Established Member
thegame24 said:
btw is zagrebs sponser a licence plate????

Not a licence plate but the city. ZG U SRCU is because of that made like a licence plate and it means Zagreb in our hearts

BTW I just returned from the game. It was good supporting, but not excellent with nice 1967 coreography:) Only 100 Gooners though?! Why didn't Reyes actually play?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom