• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

gunnerturk

bobbydazzler said:
gun4glory said:
bobbydazzler said:
Is it me or does toure look a little out of shape? He didn't seem to have the same speed as before
I gotta admit, Djourou caught the eye more...

Djourou looks like he'll give senderos a run for his money. showed great speed, something senderos lacks
He did look so comfartable and full of confidance. Great performance from such a young guy.

RC8

Established Member
Dinamovac69 said:
Some pics from Zagreb...

ugradu-01.jpg

ugradu-02.jpg

ugradu-03.jpg

ugradu-08.jpg

tribine01.jpg

tribine14.jpg

tribine02.jpg

Wow! that's pretty impressive support for Zagreb. Thanks for the pics, they're great.

flaunt

3-0 is a good lead, but Dinamo were dangerous. The tie is nearly over, but it's hardly dead.

I'd only play Traore after 70 mins, in fact I'd only play TH14 after 70 minutes.

RvP & Adebayor looked good, and this result won't hurt their confidence. :)

And that's why Cesc is such a great prospect & great midfielder. His Reyes hug... a hug to stay, or a hug goodbye?

gun4glory

flaunt said:
3-0 is a good lead, but Dinamo were dangerous. The tie is nearly over, but it's hardly dead.

I'd only play Traore after 70 mins, in fact I'd only play TH14 after 70 minutes.

And that's why Cesc is such a great prospect & great midfielder. His Reyes hug... a hug to stay, or a hug goodbye?
:shock:
Say what now?

Man, I'm not being naive, bur this is dead and buried...

goonerz49

i've said all along hoyte doesn't have "it" what wenger players have, he has no future at arsenal, and like i said i've said that all along i'm not just basing that on tonights performance

Viper

Established Member
flaunt said:

He hugged Reyes? Was this when he scored his first goal or his second goal? I think its more likely to be a goodbye hug as Reyes hasn't played at all.

patrick42uk

Established Member
few observations

we seem to be playing 4-1-3-2. hleb and rosicky played very narrow in the space between attack and defence.

gilberto is an extra defender essentially. we defend with three with the full backs getting forward as often as possible. wenger was never going to spend big money to replace gilberto. we dont need him to be a brilliant paser because the three in front of him are already great at controlling possesion.

we were pleasing on the eye omething we werent for large parts of last season. the build up play in getting the ball to the forwards was brilliant.

after the first half i was going to say we havent dealt with the killer instinct problem. i think it could be a roblem in the future. my main worry is that not enough from hleb and rosicky in terms of getting beyond the front me and pentrating. this is the best way to counter men behind the ball. the first time a midfielder got beyond the striker in that game, we scored. ribery and ljungberg could deal with that problem hopefully.

hleb is an interesting option. he can change the pace of attacks with his pentrative dribbling. i think this will win us some games this year.

fabregas might get a few goals this year. the incrdible thing is that he is so young and the type of midfielder he will be wont be decided for another 4 to 5 years. it seems he can add goal scoring to his armoury.

flaunt

gun4glory said:
flaunt said:

Say what now?

I'm just saying that 2 quick goals and the jitters return. It can happen. That's why we still play football matches. The absurd does happen. And it's part of my superstition. Expect the worst... escape with a 3-0 win. :)

But it's moot anyway. Wenger decides the squad, and we will have most of our squad up and ready for it by then. 2nd leg is bound to feel more like a pre-season game for our World Cup stars.

gun4glory

flaunt said:
gun4glory said:
flaunt said:

Say what now?

I'm just saying that 2 quick goals and the jitters return. It can happen. That's why we still play football matches. The absurd does happen. And it's part of my superstition. Expect the worst... escape with a 3-0 win. :)

But it's moot anyway. Wenger decides the squad, and we will have most of our squad up and ready for it by then. 2nd leg is bound to feel more like a pre-season game for our World Cup stars.
I gotta say, it's unlikey. :wink:

Mr_LDoubleU

patrick42uk said:
few observations

we seem to be playing 4-1-3-2. hleb and rosicky played very narrow in the space between attack and defence.

gilberto is an extra defender essentially. we defend with three with the full backs getting forward as often as possible. wenger was never going to spend big money to replace gilberto. we dont need him to be a brilliant paser because the three in front of him are already great at controlling possesion.

we were pleasing on the eye omething we werent for large parts of last season. the build up play in getting the ball to the forwards was brilliant.

after the first half i was going to say we havent dealt with the killer instinct problem. i think it could be a roblem in the future. my main worry is that not enough from hleb and rosicky in terms of getting beyond the front me and pentrating. this is the best way to counter men behind the ball. the first time a midfielder got beyond the striker in that game, we scored. ribery and ljungberg could deal with that problem hopefully.

hleb is an interesting option. he can change the pace of attacks with his pentrative dribbling. i think this will win us some games this year.

fabregas might get a few goals this year. the incrdible thing is that he is so young and the type of midfielder he will be wont be decided for another 4 to 5 years. it seems he can add goal scoring to his armoury.

442 mate , dont be fooled by the fluent attacking play and off the ball movement, this is why we are such a good team

_scorpion_

Established Member
MR_LDOUBLEU said:
patrick42uk said:
few observations

442 mate , dont be fooled by the fluent attacking play and off the ball movement, this is why we are such a good team

Patrick42uk is correct.

It is a 4-1-3-2 system.

2 out and out strikers.

3 in the middle with the wider two that can cut in and fullbacks that make the attack wider when required.

Gilberto protecting the defenders and as correctly pointed out by Patrick42uk, the reason why there is no need to spend 20 million pounds on a DM who shields and collects the ball.

That's what you can expect at Ashburton Grove.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom